Still not a good HT Candidate?

Here are facts about me and my hairloss

-I'M 30 years old

-Started thinning at about 20 years old but only noticeable to me, only got noticeable to other people at the age of 29

-Father and mother side, no one is completely bald, father is norwood 3 with thin hair when he was 45.

- I'm on Propecia and Minoxidil once a day since august. Willing to take it forever.

-Hair transplant expectations: full frontal coverage, maybe have a hairstyle with bangs.

(Short hair pictures are recent, longer hair pictures are from july to october.)

20221111_125715.jpg

20221111_154209.jpg

20221111_154157.jpg

20221110_122914.jpg

20221111_125639.jpg

received_1452909178543964.jpeg

received_1144083396511158.jpeg

received_801382547651208.jpeg

20221001_121743.jpg

20221001_121736.jpg

20221001_121805.jpg

• Administrators

Your expectations play a HUGE role in your candidacy. You could have minimal hair loss, be on medication, but still be a poor candidate, if your expectations aren’t realistic.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I would personally give the Finasteride and Minoxodil a full 12 months but use the time left to research and save up for a great clinic for my situation. 

Realistic goals are also important. 

• Like 1

Henry,

i’m not sure the last time you checked in but from what I can tell based on your photos and the personal details you shared, you do seem like a good candidate for a hair transplant.

Out of curiosity, when you started noticing signs of hair loss when others didn’t yet, is there a reason you didn’t start taking Propecia and minoxidil then?  Since both medications, especially when used in conjunction with one another are typically pretty effective at slowing down, stopping and even reversing the effects of male pattern baldness, it’s best to take them as early in your hair loss experience as possible.  Because If they were effective before anyone could even tell you were experiencing hair loss, you might not even have needed hair transplant surgery.

Luckily, you did start taking the medication pretty early and you still have a significant amount of natural hair. Hopefully the medication will be effective for you and in conjunction with surgical hair restoration you could restore a very full looking head of hair.

if you were interested in a one on one information session with Dr. Rachel, please don’t hesitate to send me a private message and I’ll be happy to set this up for you.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

• Like 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

6 minutes ago, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

Henry,

i’m not sure the last time you checked in but from what I can tell based on your photos and the personal details you shared, you do seem like a good candidate for a hair transplant.

Out of curiosity, when you started noticing signs of hair loss when others didn’t yet, is there a reason you didn’t start taking Propecia and minoxidil then?  Since both medications, especially when used in conjunction with one another are typically pretty effective at slowing down, stopping and even reversing the effects of male pattern baldness, it’s best to take them as early in your hair loss experience as possible.  Because If they were effective before anyone could even tell you were experiencing hair loss, you might not even have needed hair transplant surgery.

Luckily, you did start taking the medication pretty early and you still have a significant amount of natural hair. Hopefully the medication will be effective for you and in conjunction with surgical hair restoration you could restore a very full looking head of hair.

if you were interested in a one on one information session with Dr. Rachel, please don’t hesitate to send me a private message and I’ll be happy to set this up for you.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

I was stupid. I was alarmed that i was losing hair but i didn't know anything about it, i thought it was just natural and since nobody else noticed it, I didn't do anything about it, not even a single research. 

Thank you for the offer and for the reply.