3800 grafts with Dr Laorwong....4 month update

Ramons

4 month update....almost - will be 4 months on November 20th and so far so good.

• recovery after procedure went well, scabbed up and weirdly enjoyed rubbing them off 
  • shedding immediately followed at around 4 weeks
  • started seeing growth around 2 months
  • my donor area bounced back really quick - couldn't pick it with the eye in the first month and felt "full" again after 3 months
  • my recipient site remained pink until recently but my scalp tends to do that if I cut anyways
  • temple areas are going nuts - I trim my head every 3 weeks with a beard trimmer on its longest setting
  • little bit of shock loss on the top of the head which is now filling out
  • the "line" across my crown has always been there and probably looks worse as the photos were taken after sleeping

Since the procedure Dr Laorwong has continued to respond to my questions often within 48hrs and in most cases the same day. 

Early days for me yet but I am very happy with the whole process and procedure so far - from speaking to Dr Laorwong, the hotel stay, travel and the recovery. 

If anyone is considering it and has questions feel free to reach out...only to happy to share my experience.

IMG_E4777.JPG

IMG_E4774.JPG

IMG_E4775.JPG

IMG_E4776.JPG

On 11/19/2022 at 2:41 PM, Otty said:

Personally considering Dr Laorwong as well, would love to see continued updates. 

A couple questions, 

What Norwood level were you? 

Also is there any photo's of post op of donor and recipient area? 

Regards,

Yes there is…I did an original post after surgery.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

@Ramons Hi mate, if you don't mind me asking - I noticed you left your hair long when you originally got the surgery. Was there any reason you decided to eventually cut it short or just a preference? 

Only reason I ask is, I'm considering Dr Laorwong and appreciate that he offers unshaven FUE (meaning I could leave my existing hair long to cover the aftermath of the HT).

Cheers,

M

54 minutes ago, MJM said:

@Ramons Hi mate, if you don't mind me asking - I noticed you left your hair long when you originally got the surgery. Was there any reason you decided to eventually cut it short or just a preference? 

Only reason I ask is, I'm considering Dr Laorwong and appreciate that he offers unshaven FUE (meaning I could leave my existing hair long to cover the aftermath of the HT).

Cheers,

M

Absolutely no thought behind it at all.

They asked how much I wanted shaved and I said do what was easiest for them.

I had every intention of shaving the lot for the regrowth time frame after anyways so it didn’t bother me at all. As you can see from the pics I didn’t have much chance concealing it anyways.

After the 4 week safety period I shaved it all anyways and have kept doing so.

• 1 month later...
On 12/29/2022 at 10:38 PM, Ramons said:

No further updates as yet - had no real progress.

I need to clarify though that looking back at dates this is actually a 5 month update.

Any growth happening in the last month?

Edited by Henry
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...