Laser/Prp/ other solutions to increase healing and growth?

I recently had a transplant office offer a laser package and prp package to help healing and growth after hair transplant. The laser package would be sitting under their laser device 2x/week for a month. Prp would be done at time of surgery. Has anyone experience with lasers post transplant and does it help? How about prp? If it reduced redness, speeds up healing, and increased growth cycle I’d be okay with the investment. 

• Administrators

I think it makes more sense to buy a laser cap, rather then pay to do it 2x a week. That’s hardly enough to make a difference.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 11/10/2022 at 11:49 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

I think it makes more sense to buy a laser cap, rather then pay to do it 2x a week. That’s hardly enough to make a difference.

I saw your YouTube video of starting the laser cap. Do you think it helped your healing process happen faster? 

But really, is this necessary?…if an individual has some issues with healing, possibly.

We tend to forget that our bodies are designed to heal itself and we have an auto-immune system.

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY