Who are the top surgeons in New York City. Any opinions of Dr. True?

notsohairy

The best scenario is when you can meet patients in person... as many as possible.

Hopefully these are guys who are similar to you in age, amount of previous hair loss, and hair characteristics (wavy, straight, etc).

Photos can be deceiving even when the intentions are good. It helps to see guys from different angles, whereas a photo compresses the space and only shows one angle. Hair can cast a shadow on the scalp which makes it look like areas are denser than they actually are in person.

Ask the clinic if they can introduce you to some patients, your clinic has heard this before and it is not an unusual request.

Some clinics have open house for this purpose, others have a list of people who don't mind talking about HT. Maybe ask if you can come in to the clinic on a certain day and see returning patients (I don't know if that would work...)

Get up close to these guys and scrutinize them.

• 4 weeks later...

Notsohairy,

Since you have two similar threads, I'm appending to both. I am 9 months out with Dr. True (1500 FU grafts) and my improvement is fantastic! My donor scar is approximately 1 mm at the widest points. Select the folder / little person icon above and read one of my November 2003 appends for some details on my story. I second Arfy's advice from his previous append.

Arfy,

You are so right there is no substitute for seeing real live patient's work with "before" pictures in-hand! By conincidence, I voluntered to attend an Open House Seminar with Dr. True last Thursday (also my 9 month check-up appointment day). There were at least 8 guys there with transplants by Dr. True. All of them looked really good and all of them were very pleased. Talking with them live really provided a depth of understanding behind their aethstetic enhancements that pictures alone just can't do justice to. There is nothing more powerful than genuine personal testimonies! When people don't let their personal bias sway them too strongly, that is the power of this forum! As for me, knowing everything I do about other great Medical Groups, I still plan on getting my second transplant for more density with Dr. True later this year. How is your latest repair work growing in and progressing?? Best regards.

GratefulHead

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

HT TIPS

Don't ever let travel be a major factor, ever. You will fly to the ends of the earth to get it repaired. Believe me I have read the stories & seen the pictures. Many pick up 1/2 your airfare & put you up for 2 nights. You can consult with these doctors by phone or email. I think phoning will get you better response. Have all your questions written down to get as much answered as possible. Take some good clear pictures from all angles & have them loaded into your computer to send to doctor before you talk about ht.

rtc

"The True Wisdom in Making a Decision about a HT is Knowing What to Accept not Just What to Expect."

Dr Hasson & Dr Wong - Vancouver, Canada ??“ Strip

(888) 819-6013

Dr Feller - Great Neck, NY ??“ USA ??“ Strip & FUE

(800) 424-7728

Dr Cole - Atlanta, GA ??“ USA ??“ Strip & FIT

(800) 368-4247

Dr Wolf - Cincinnati, Ohio ??“ USA ??“ Strip & FUE

(800) 900-4769

Dr Ron Shapiro - Bloomington, MN ??“ USA ??“ Strip & FUE

(800)-843-1989

Dr Rahal ??“ Ottawa, Canada ??“ Strip

(877) 712-4247

Dr Alexander ??“ Phoenix, AZ ??“ Strip

(602) 956-8800

Research, Research, Research ??“ 6 Months to a Year

Drs. True and Dorin and Dr. Epstein are also located in New York; all are coalition members.

I'd like to disagree with this notion that travel should not be at all taken into consideration. Unless money and time are no object in your life, you should try to find a good doctor who's not too far from where you typically reside. Now, if the options are Dr. Crap ten minutes away or Dr. Marvelous who's located thirty miles from you, by all means, get a bus ticket. But, if you have a few choices, and some are closer to you than others, I think it's sensible to pay extra mind to them. If something concerns you, wouldn't you like to be able to see your physician without taking a day or two off from work just to get to him? Also, if the person's across the country, I imagine you'll meet with him just once: on the day of the procedure; again, unless you have unlimited cash.

So many good docs to choose from in NY. But personally, I would give Dr. Feller my vote. That's not to say that he is better than the other great doctors in NY like Bernstien, True etc. It's just that I think he understood best as regards what I want to achieve personally. It's all about who YOU yourself feel most comfortable with.