Dr Bicer | 2 Brothers, 2 Hair Transplants | November 2022 | Around 3750 Grafts

OtHt

Hello everyone!

I've been reading this forum for a long time and benefited from all the excellent information, so I decided to give back and document my and my brother's transplant.

We scheduled the transplant two years ago, but due to the corona virus and a family tragedy, we had to postpone the date several times.

Our transplant is scheduled for November 16-17, which means literally another week and a half from now.

Regarding our hair loss status:

I am 29 years old and my brother is 40 years old, suffering from the same pattern of baldness. We both use Minoxidil and Nizoral.

In addition, for the past year, I use topical Finasteride and my brother uses topical Dutasteride.

I can say that we both managed to maintain (and even cause slight growth) the condition of our hair.

Regarding the procedure:

According to Dr. Bicer's initial impression, I will need between 3500 and 3750 grafts when the plan is to significantly reduce the sparseness in the vertex area and build my hairline.

My brother will need around the 3750 grafts for more or less the same purpose.

In addition, it is important for me to point out that we both have thick beards, so if we are given the opportunity and it would be suitable, we would be happy to increase the number of grafts, or reduce the number of grafts taken from the back of the head by taking grafts from the beard. 

- My plan is to update here every week for the first month and then every two weeks. - 

photos of the state of my hair and my brother's:
:The Order of the photos
.First five photos are mine- beard, donor, hairline, side, vertex
.And my brother's photos - donor, beard, hairline, side, vertex

1beard.jpeg

1donor.jpeg

1hairline.jpeg

1side.jpeg

1vertex.jpeg

2back.jpeg

2beard.jpeg

2hairline.jpeg

2hairline2.jpeg

2vertex.jpeg

• Like 1

Thanks to you both!
so, I got the dates a bit wrong. mine was on the 17th and my brother had his on the 18th.
also, Dr Bicer decided to raise the number of grafts to 4000 for me and 4200 for my brother so she could cover the crown better.
both our procedures went really well regarding comfort and pain. only the first 30 min or so are painful and even that isn't that bad, maybe 3 out of 10.
i don't really know much about the details (number of grafts in each area, or singles/doubles distribution) but maybe the photos i will share can help.
these are only post-op and 1st day pics.
mine:

1PostOpfront.jpg

1PostOpside.jpg

1PostOpside2.jpg

1postOpvertex.jpeg

1 day1 donor3.jpeg

1 day1 donorSide.jpeg

1 day1 side.jpeg

1 day1 vertex.jpeg

1day1 donorSide2.jpeg

1day1 vertex2.jpeg

• 2 months later...

Hey!
we are currently 2 months and 3 weeks after the surgery and I think things are going pretty well.
attaching my own pictures and will update with my brother pictures in a few days🙏

another side 2.jpg

another side.jpg

back.jpg

front.jpg

side1.jpg

side2.jpg

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

U r right on ur track...Can see those grafts poping out bt still it will take time to grow ...u will gonna start geting good growth after 4 months...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone!

Here is our 4th month update.

We definitely noticed a lot of growth the past month but still very sparse, which of course makes a lot of sense for 4 months. All in all, we undersrand it's a process and are quite satisfied. (Considering that we expect and hope for significant growth in the coming months)

My Photos:

20230314_104105.thumb.jpg.1cc3baf3bb546807578a5706c102b7b3.jpg20230314_104120.thumb.jpg.43ad104c4014cc0b50f66068aef5e0c0.jpg20230314_144624.thumb.jpg.6f017183ca504a058afe800367ca4f36.jpg20230314_195523.thumb.jpg.426af72c83e88d743fde246b40ec260f.jpg

my brother's photos:

20230314_195033.thumb.jpg.ac1b8fc1911253edcb018ed962624234.jpg20230314_195018.thumb.jpg.d6410bb930590d1888f88ba6d517480f.jpg20230314_195048.thumb.jpg.566fc4163e668d0ecd76222f0d19a1e1.jpg20230314_195121.thumb.jpg.2e2509398605cdc5c9b5103a6ccd1b77.jpg20230314_195026.thumb.jpg.d103ebbeed7e7b23e40984cf400fe210.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

@mr_peanutbutter I suspect that she didnt extract from there. The two photos are from different angles so it gives the illusion she did in these two, however if you look at the donor zone in the first pic, it goes a few cm above the occipital bump, and in the 2nd the extractions are made up until about the same point

Edited by receedinglegend
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, receedinglegend said:

@OtHt nice progress! you must be approaching month 5 now?

Hey, thanks!

Yes, 5 months in a week from now.

Mixed feelings so far but its only 5 months so we hope things will get better.

I will upload new photos in a few days from now.

19 hours ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

did she extract from that thinning area? looks like the crown is going deep

1donor.jpg.783af2df3f68f78ce0edff59879ae

613709304_2day1donor.thumb.jpeg.a5f882e5

She didnt extract from the thinning part.

The first photo is mine and the second is my brother's photo.

18 minutes ago, OtHt said:

Hey, thanks!

Yes, 5 months in a week from now.

Mixed feelings so far but its only 5 months so we hope things will get better.

I will upload new photos in a few days from now.

She didnt extract from the thinning part.

The first photo is mine and the second is my brother's photo.

ok so your brothers crown doesnt dip as deep as much as yours? but what if it will dip as much as yours in the future? she took that into account? bc it looks like she harvested quite high, or is it just the angle?

all the best

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

ok so your brothers crown doesnt dip as deep as much as yours? but what if it will dip as much as yours in the future? she took that into account? bc it looks like she harvested quite high, or is it just the angle?

all the best

Yes, i believe she did.

She mentiond that his situation is better than me, considering he is 10 years older than me (40) with his current balding pattern.

Also, There is another photo of him from a different angle in my first update after the transplant, and i think its pretty clear that she didnt harvested that high.

• 3 weeks later...

5 month (+1 week) update.
mixed feelings so far, but again, its only 5 months and if things will keep improving in the coming months (like they have in the last month) Im sure the final result will be great.

first 4 photos are mine.

1back.jpg

1front.jpg

1side.jpg

1side2.jpg

2back.jpg

2side.jpg

2side2.jpg

• Administrators

How did I miss this super interesting case study, this last update is it the 40 year old brother? 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

17 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

How did I miss this super interesting case study, this last update is it the 40 year old brother? 

Both of us. 

The first four photos are mine, and the last three are his.