Eugenix | 4500 Grafts | Dr. Priyadarshini Das | 10th November 2022

user2022

So, I am about to begin my hair transplant journey. I have found this forum incredibly useful in my research and decision making and decided I needed to post my own story here to detail my experience to help others. 

A little bit about me: I'm 41, Male, from the UK. I've been losing my hair for approximately 10 years or so, this seems to have slowed down. At the beginning of 2022 I started my research into HT's. I also have started taking Finestride (1mg per day) for around 3 months. I think I am having some regrowth in the crown area, it's hard to see but it definitely feels different.

I ended up getting a lot of quotations from a lot of places, but really there were only 3-4 that were in the mix. These were Eugenix, ASMED, Fuecapilar HDC. I won't go through all in detail (I may make s separate post about all of my quotations), however the main aspects I was looking for is full doctor/surgeon involvement, a conservative approach in number of grafts extracted to provide full coverage, age appropriate hairline & a reputable clinic. In the end, ASMED & HDC were quoting quite a high number of grafts. I also thought ASMED pricing was quite ridiculous considering the Dr would be covering many patients in one go. Fuecapilar were the most conservative & I was keen on them but just couldn't see enough information online regarding their crown work (as this is my main concern). So, it came down to Eugenix as they had a conservative approach on grafts & I've seen so many pictures of their crown work with the number of grafts used that it just made sense. I was also looking for a one & done approach and have no desire to go back for top up's or anything else & Eugenix assured me I wouldn't need a second procedure.

Eugenix have quoted approx 4500-4900 grafts, with about 500-1000 coming from the beard area. The beard grafts is my only area of concern, as I keep a fairly short beard (stubble) so don't want to ruin this look, but in any case will speak to the Dr about this in person. 

So, I went ahead and booked the Premium package with Dr Bansal, I ended up changing this down to Exclusive package as there was a huge currency fall between GBP & INR thanks to UK politics. Exchange rates have recovered a bit, but I have decided to stick with the change, as on a previous video call with Dr Bansal - she did not think I had a complex case, so I am confident with Dr Das and what I have seen with her results. In any case, I can't really justify the price tag for the Premium package with the current rates of inflation. 

If you're reading this from the UK I can tell you the current visa process is a complete nightmare. No sooner had I placed my deposit I found out the UK is not eligible for e-visa's. I had to fly all the way to Belfast (from London) just to get an visa appointment. All in all, this cost a lot of £££! Had I known about this before hand I probably would have picked a clinic in Turkey. Anyways, I have the visa now, flights & hotels all booked as well. I've got quite a bit of annual leave that I need to use up, so I'll be in India for a total of 9 days, before heading to Dubai for a few days on the way back home. 

I've attached some recent pictures and will try and post regular updates over the next 12 months or so. 

IMG_4331 Large.jpeg

IMG_4337 Large.jpeg

IMG_4338 Large.jpeg

IMG_4339 Large.jpeg

IMG_4346 Large.jpeg

• Like 1

So here's my post surgery pics (Day 1). This was a 2 day procedure (reduced from 3), which I am glad about.

Dr Das and I were completely aligned as to what my hair line should look like, I wanted a conservative approach to fill in & thicken the gaps without changing my appearance too much. 

After this was taken care of, the first day consisted of completing all 4900 incisions + extraction and implanting of approx 1300 grafts. 

The second day covered the remainder of the extraction & implanting of grafts where 400 or so were required from my beard. 

The second day pretty gruelling & long, the team really ensured that whenever I experienced pain, they would take take their time in ensuring I was as comfortable as possible. Even towards the end someone would check to ensure all incisions had grafts and where they were missing, would take the grafts required to fill this in. They did this 2-3 times, and even though it was getting late they really made sure they weren't leaving anything behind. A lesser clinic could easily have sent me on my way and I would have had no idea.

So far, i've been going to the clinic daily to have my donor area cleaned. From what I can see in the pictures, the work looks very clean and tidy. I haven't really experienced that much itchiness, only a bit of pain on day 1/2. 

IMG_4414 Medium.jpeg

IMG_4415 Medium.jpeg

IMG_4417 Medium.jpeg

IMG_4419 Medium.jpeg

IMG_4420 Medium.jpeg

IMG_4422 Medium.jpeg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BaldingEagle1 said:

It was nice to see you yesterday at the hotel lobby and clinic bro 

enjoyed our little chat

have a safe flight back and happy growing!

Really good to meet you as well! Hope your procedure goes well too, I'll be keeping an eye on your updates

On 11/14/2022 at 12:55 PM, user2022 said:

So here's my post surgery pics (Day 1). This was a 2 day procedure (reduced from 3), which I am glad about.

Dr Das and I were completely aligned as to what my hair line should look like, I wanted a conservative approach to fill in & thicken the gaps without changing my appearance too much. 

After this was taken care of, the first day consisted of completing all 4900 incisions + extraction and implanting of approx 1300 grafts. 

The second day covered the remainder of the extraction & implanting of grafts where 400 or so were required from my beard. 

The second day pretty gruelling & long, the team really ensured that whenever I experienced pain, they would take take their time in ensuring I was as comfortable as possible. Even towards the end someone would check to ensure all incisions had grafts and where they were missing, would take the grafts required to fill this in. They did this 2-3 times, and even though it was getting late they really made sure they weren't leaving anything behind. A lesser clinic could easily have sent me on my way and I would have had no idea.

So far, i've been going to the clinic daily to have my donor area cleaned. From what I can see in the pictures, the work looks very clean and tidy. I haven't really experienced that much itchiness, only a bit of pain on day 1/2. 

IMG_4414 Medium.jpeg

IMG_4415 Medium.jpeg

IMG_4417 Medium.jpeg

IMG_4419 Medium.jpeg

IMG_4420 Medium.jpeg

IMG_4422 Medium.jpeg
I will surely contact your doctor because your images and your progress helps me trusting your doctor. Thanks again for sharing it with us. Are you searching for an essay writing service to help you finish your university assignment? So you may use this one link as assistance. The finest article for writing a college paper is this one. They take care of the students' academic work and help the students overcome challenges.

I will surely contact your doctor because your images and your progress helps me trusting your doctor. Thanks again for sharing it with us.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RosaMartinez said:

I will surely contact your doctor because your images and your progress helps me trusting your doctor. Thanks again for sharing it with us.

No worries, I would certainly recommend based only experience. I have no idea what the final result will look like, but will be posting photo updates over the next 12 months. 

So, I wasn't planning on an update until 1 month in, but Eugenix has requested photo's at the 2 week point so i though I might as well post them here as well. 

My recovery has gone pretty well, sleeping was very difficult up till day 7, though the main thing is I haven't lost any grafts during that time or after. I really couldn't wait to do my head wash on day 7, as this really was becoming uncomfortable - so I followed Eugenix instructions, but found their method didn't work that great, so I abandoned the gauze pads and used my hands instead, this made a huge difference worked quite well. I decided to do a head wash twice a day & by day 4 pretty much all scabs had gone. I also found that more scabs came off during the evening wash than the morning wash. 

I'm pretty sure the grafts from my beard has not been spread out evenly. It's noticeable when I look in the mirror and also from my original pictures post HT (where all the redness & swelling is). 

So far everything else looks pretty uniform, Eugenix have given me the thumbs up & I just have itchiness in my transplanted & donor area, which Eugenix has said is completely normal. It also gives me a good idea of what my future hairline will look like 😀

Anyway, here are the pictures. 

IMG_4510 Small.jpeg

IMG_4511 Small.jpeg

IMG_4517 Small.jpeg

IMG_4519 Small.jpeg

IMG_4522 Small.jpeg

• Like 1

You are a trooper man. I didn’t dare to clean my head until day 7! And also did it twice a day until day 9 where all my scabs came out  

it was unbearably itchy for me on day 2 and 3, but subsided since. 

lookin good so far 

• Like 1

Follow my Hair Transplant experience with Eugenix!

Nov 16, 2022

3 hours ago, user2022 said:

So, I wasn't planning on an update until 1 month in, but Eugenix has requested photo's at the 2 week point so i though I might as well post them here as well. 

My recovery has gone pretty well, sleeping was very difficult up till day 7, though the main thing is I haven't lost any grafts during that time or after. I really couldn't wait to do my head wash on day 7, as this really was becoming uncomfortable - so I followed Eugenix instructions, but found their method didn't work that great, so I abandoned the gauze pads and used my hands instead, this made a huge difference worked quite well. I decided to do a head wash twice a day & by day 4 pretty much all scabs had gone. I also found that more scabs came off during the evening wash than the morning wash. 

I'm pretty sure the grafts from my beard has not been spread out evenly. It's noticeable when I look in the mirror and also from my original pictures post HT (where all the redness & swelling is). 

So far everything else looks pretty uniform, Eugenix have given me the thumbs up & I just have itchiness in my transplanted & donor area, which Eugenix has said is completely normal. It also gives me a good idea of what my future hairline will look like 😀

Anyway, here are the pictures. 

IMG_4510 Small.jpeg

IMG_4511 Small.jpeg

IMG_4517 Small.jpeg

IMG_4519 Small.jpeg

IMG_4522 Small.jpeg

I guess usually beard is used in crown and sometimes midscalp. I cannot see that particularly where they are on the pics though.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BaldingEagle1 said:

You are a trooper man. I didn’t dare to clean my head until day 7! And also did it twice a day until day 9 where all my scabs came out  

it was unbearably itchy for me on day 2 and 3, but subsided since. 

lookin good so far 

Cheers mate, I was the same - I didn't want to mess with anything till day 7 and was even sleeping in the hotel room recliner chair for a few days just to be extra safe, as i didn't want to risk my head touching anything lol. 

You did pretty good to clear your head of scabs in 2 days!. I was trying, but a lot of them were taking their time coming out. 

5 hours ago, Xanadu said:

I guess usually beard is used in crown and sometimes midscalp. I cannot see that particularly where they are on the pics though.

Yes, actually my beard grafts were used in the midscalp area and not the crown. I'm not sure why, though by the time we got to this point it was pretty late in the day  (2nd day) and I was pretty knackered after an early start - so i just let them get on with it.

It's pretty hard to see in the pics & lighting is not that great this time of year. It's probably something that's more visible to me than others, but certainly doesn't "feel" any different. In any case, i'm glad I requested for it not to be taken from under the chin, as that really would have affected my appearance. It's a minor gripe, but really not that bad in the grand scheme of things. 

9 hours ago, Rawkerboi said:

Everything looks perfect at two weeks, for itching you can safely apply aloe vera gel.

Buzz cut really suits your face.

Good Luck

Thanks! I never thought a buzz cut would suit me, but it's starting to "grow" on me :) and thanks for the info on aloe vera gel - I will give that a go!

• Like 1

On 11/29/2022 at 11:36 PM, user2022 said:

Yes, actually my beard grafts were used in the midscalp area and not the crown. I'm not sure why, though by the time we got to this point it was pretty late in the day  (2nd day) and I was pretty knackered after an early start - so i just let them get on with it.

It's pretty hard to see in the pics & lighting is not that great this time of year. It's probably something that's more visible to me than others, but certainly doesn't "feel" any different. In any case, i'm glad I requested for it not to be taken from under the chin, as that really would have affected my appearance. It's a minor gripe, but really not that bad in the grand scheme of things. 

Why would under the chin have affected your appearance more than where you had it taken from?

22 hours ago, Xanadu said:

Why would under the chin have affected your appearance more than where you had it taken from?

As it would have been a smaller area. After a discussion with Dr Das, this is the solution she proposed.