49 Days and Still shedding is it a sign of late grower

Hi Guys ,

I am at 49 days post op and my shedding started around 23-25 th day and still shedding and I noticed that some transplanted hairs which already grown well are also shedding .Does it means that I am late shedder and due to this would be late grower ?

I have read many Reddit posts and here about shedding and many of them had experienced shedding from around 15th day and ends by around 40 days .

Sharing some shedding pics which gives the idea on hair length which are  shedding now 

B55F4597-A815-4E4E-B4DA-00BFC95E34A2.thumb.jpeg.54447af6a39b3e63d730b9140e8c4cc6.jpegC06345D1-5D1D-4577-8CDA-00B8CE46411B.thumb.jpeg.31d3823a7664413974cdff65f116d5ab.jpeg

Also you can take a look at my full journey here - https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/65971-eugenix-norwood-2sep-20222207-graftsdr-priyadarshini-das/#comment-675261

and share your thoughts on the progress as if it slow or upto the mark 

Thanks 

Edited by Madhur Vansil

@Madhur Vansil,

To be honest, it sounds like you’re right on schedule. Transplanted hair typically begins to start shedding between 4 to 6 weeks which is equivalent to 28 days to 60 days postop. It sounds like your transplanted hair started to shed around that time and you’re not quite at 60 days. So the fact that it still shedding is quite normal.

Frankly, be prepared to lose all of the transplanted hair during the shedding period. But rest assured that all the follicles are safe and sound underneath the surface of the scalp and will start to grow new hairs between 3 to 5 months.

Please also remember that hair transplant surgery is a process and takes up to 12 to 18 months to fully grow in, thicken and mature.  

I hope this helps.

Rahal Hair Transplant

Edited by Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

27 minutes ago, Madhur Vansil said:

Hi Guys ,

I am at 49 days post op and my shedding started around 23-25 th day and still shedding and I noticed that some transplanted hairs which already grown well are also shedding .Does it means that I am late shedder and due to this would be late grower ?

I have read many Reddit posts and here about shedding and many of them had experienced shedding from around 15th day and ends by around 40 days .

Sharing some shedding pics which gives the idea on hair length which are  shedding now 

B55F4597-A815-4E4E-B4DA-00BFC95E34A2.thumb.jpeg.54447af6a39b3e63d730b9140e8c4cc6.jpegC06345D1-5D1D-4577-8CDA-00B8CE46411B.thumb.jpeg.31d3823a7664413974cdff65f116d5ab.jpeg

Also you can take a look at my full journey here - https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/65971-eugenix-norwood-2sep-20222207-graftsdr-priyadarshini-das/#comment-675261

and share your thoughts on the progress as if it slow or upto the mark 

Thanks 

Don't stress about the days, because Months 2 and 3 are known as the "Ugly Duckling" phase because the hair tends to shed, sometimes at different speeds with some shedding faster, others slower but by the end of the 3rd month, the majority if not all of the hair that would shed will have done and started regrowing after Month 3. Even then, that doesn't imo mean all your hair will regrow in the next 3 months, you could have some hair that might still pop through a bit later. 

Unfortunately a lot of modern cases and expectations are setting 12 months as the final timescale for results, but it can sometimes take up to 18 months for full maturity. 

Honestly, i know its hard and it's difficult mentally but you just have to give things time and let them play out. Obviously it's easier the sooner you see hair looking better but also a reason to imo try to be even more aware not to judge yourself by others standards.