The extraction technic Dr. Zarev is using.

Suction was used in the neograft system to try and simplify the extraction process and combine the steps of punching and excising out the grafts. The graft would travel through a tube to be stored in a compartment. The problem is that the grafts desiccated and died. Suction has not proven to be the good historically with fue.

I’ve heard zarev uses his own device that I assume is an off the shelf unit with some add-ons. He’s seemed to figure something out that others haven’t.

but with all that being said, I’d choose skill of a surgeon over the tools any day.

I really wish he would share his method & tools with other doctors, it will help to better the industry if more ideas are shared..it’s not like he will loose business, the dude is booked 5 yrs out 😎other doctors freely share their methods on conferences & their videos. Dr Sethi has no problem showing his DHI method & tools, same goes for other top surgens, including my surgen, dr Vories,  in 1 of his videos he mentioned he has open door policy for other doctors to see how he operates.

Edited by civic

• Valued Contributor
42 minutes ago, civic said:

I really wish he would share his method & tools with other doctors, it will help to better the industry if more ideas are shared..it’s not like he will loose business, the dude is booked 5 yrs out 😎other doctors freely share their methods on conferences & their videos. Dr Sethi has no problem showing his DHI method & tools, same goes for other top surgens, including my surgen, dr Vories,  in 1 of his videos he mentioned he has open door policy for other doctors to see how he operates.

You still need the grafts available to extract. 

• Like 1

Just because a device is shrouded in secrecy doesnn't mean it's anything novel.

Dr. Zarev is is simply a master at extracting micro FUE, across the whole scalp while preserving the appearance, and good on him. It really boils down to something that simple

• Like 1

Many surgeons use machines like this which use suction. It’s a vacuum pump that is build in the device to get the blood sucked out of sight. The same suction lifts the graft a little bit up. 

Doesn’t improve the extraction proces. It just helps with visibility. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DrMunibAhmad said:

Many surgeons use machines like this which use suction. It’s a vacuum pump that is build in the device to get the blood sucked out of sight. The same suction lifts the graft a little bit up. 

Doesn’t improve the extraction proces. It just helps with visibility. 

Interesting. So I guess that's why there is no visible blood in the donor area after Zarev has extracted. 

23 minutes ago, Marlo said:

Interesting. So I guess that's why there is no visible blood in the donor area after Zarev has extracted. 

No. Thats because the bandage stays on in during the break. We also do that. Patient leaves whitout bandage and with a clean donor area

• Like 1

On 11/4/2022 at 10:51 AM, DrMunibAhmad said:

No. Thats because the bandage stays on in during the break. We also do that. Patient leaves whitout bandage and with a clean donor area

Zarev's donor areas just look exceptionally clean, even with many many extractions being done. 

On 11/5/2022 at 8:19 AM, Marlo said:

Zarev's donor areas just look exceptionally clean, even with many many extractions being done. 

I was going to say the same thing. Even if a vacuum is getting blood out of the way, and even if those shots are post-wash...the donor and recipient areas look almost unbelievably clean.

When i had my hair transplant at Eugenix, they used 0.9mm punch size compared to what they may typically use which was 0.8mm but they said its because you have to adjust for each individuals follicles and curl they may have. My hair has a little bit of a wavy nature when longer but not sure how it looked at the follicle level but Dr Das did a couple of punched out grafts as a test and i do think that is the mark of a professional to make sure the person's specific hair calibre is catered to properly with adequate surrounding tissue. 

Whatever Zarev does works for him and that's the most important thing to note. You have to have a doctor comfortable in their own ability and methods of FUE to get an optimum result. I know a lot of people also constantly cite him managing to use smaller punch sizes compared to others, but that doesn’t always come without risk i think and it probably is something Dr Zarev is meticulous about in his pre-op assessments which are very in depth it seems yet he somehow is not prescribed it seems to use microscope loops during the procedure which is a bit more unusual. 

On 11/4/2022 at 2:51 AM, DrMunibAhmad said:

I dont think it it just has to do with a bandage…. It’s everything that occurs intraop. Like meticulous spraying of saline during surgery to keep the blood from drying

• Like 1