How many grafts for gown been on fin and min for 2 years

Hair is a little wet and sticky from minoxidil so looks little worse than usual. I’ll upload new when hair is dry. Also my hair isn’t usually this short/my last haircut was bad I could tell she rushed it especially the crown area. I was looking back on older pics doesn’t usually look this bad. Still curious what y’all think I’ll share another one w longer as well later 

Edited by Doood25

• Valued Contributor

If you've been on meds for a while then it's a huge mistake to have surgery for such a small area that in time can become a huge area
(especially if you are young). Stick with fibres for now and stay on the meds. Not the answer you wanted to hear I know. But you really want to work from front to back with hair transplantation. All the best.

50 minutes ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

well its thinning but if you stabilized it with meds there is zero reason to waste any grafts on that region atm as its not really that noticable imho

Ok gotcha thanks. So assuming the meds keep stabilizing it is there never a need for a transplant there, or will line meds eventually not work?

44 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

If you've been on meds for a while then it's a huge mistake to have surgery for such a small area that in time can become a huge area
(especially if you are young). Stick with fibres for now and stay on the meds. Not the answer you wanted to hear I know. But you really want to work from front to back with hair transplantation. All the best.

Appreciate the honest feedback thanks. So ur saying one day the meds will stop working and wait for the area to become worse to get hair transplant? 

this entirely depends on age, if you are below 30yo and your hairloss is recent this would be a huge mistake

if you are 30yo> and stabilized for 3+ years in same status, you could surely have a 2k-2.5k transplant to cover it but veeeery unlikely that doing crown first is ever a good idea considering the temple area is the most visual impact and valuable part

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, WhereIsMyMind said:

this entirely depends on age, if you are below 30yo and your hairloss is recent this would be a huge mistake

if you are 30yo> and stabilized for 3+ years in same status, you could surely have a 2k-2.5k transplant to cover it but veeeery unlikely that doing crown first is ever a good idea considering the temple area is the most visual impact and valuable part

Makes sense good to know. I’ll wait till I’m older. My hairline is much worse I’ll start w that thx 

• Like 1

@Doood25,

As far as I can tell from the photos, you have a pretty good looking head of hair with minimal thinning that seems to be well taken care of by the minoxidil.   I know you said that you were going to post some photos of your scout with your hair dry so I do encourage you to do that. Also, if you could give us some more information such as your age, whether or not you’re also using finasteride, how long you’ve been using minoxidil, your family history of hair loss, etc.  you appear young and you also have the number 25 in your alias so if that’s your age, with your minimal degree of hair loss, I wouldn’t suggest hair transplant surgeon for you at this point in time.  however, if you’re not using finasteride, I encourage you to research and consider adding it as finasteride gives you the best chance of reducing the risk of additional hair loss and could even potentially help to reverse it.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.