What is hair direction just above the hair line?

I have had a hair transplant two months ago. The direction of the hair above the hairline on the left side appears to be slightly fanned towards the left. The direction looks natural.

The hair on the right above the hairline appears to point right wards. The angle is correct but the direction appears to a bit off. Is natural hair like this. 

When I comb my hair from the left to right, I am easily able to do it. But when I am combing my hair from right to left I am not able toh do so with ease. 

Edit: I have posted pictures of hair parted with comb from left to right, from right to left, and combed forward. 

@Eugenix Hair Sciencesif you could provide some insights as well. That would be greatly appreciated. 

Edit: The uploaded pictures are not clear and upside down, so i have uploaded them on Imgur for better viewing.

https://imgur.com/a/jXAQeNV

IMG_20221103_000159.jpg

IMG_20221103_000056.jpg

IMG_20221103_000126.jpg

Edited by bigmistake
Added pictures, added Imgur link for clearer pictures

Sounds like you were implanted with bad angles. If that is the case then extraction and re-implantation of the bad grafts is really the only option. You can try implanting new, correct grafts around the bad grafts to camouflage them, but in my experience badly angled grafts always reveal themselves still, even if the neighboring hair is correct. 

Not sure why you are pinging Eugenix as they are not a repair clinic. You really need to go to a doctor who specifically specializes in repairs. 

4 hours ago, HappyMan2021 said:

Sounds like you were implanted with bad angles. If that is the case then extraction and re-implantation of the bad grafts is really the only option. You can try implanting new, correct grafts around the bad grafts to camouflage them, but in my experience badly angled grafts always reveal themselves still, even if the neighboring hair is correct. 

Not sure why you are pinging Eugenix as they are not a repair clinic. You really need to go to a doctor who specifically specializes in repairs. 

Thanks for replying. I pinged Eugenix because I live in New Delhi. Inputs from other clinics are appreciated as well.

I had read somewhere that sometimes naturally hair on the right side are splayed and hair on the left aren't. 

Edited by bigmistake

3 hours ago, WhereIsMyMind said:

Hard to say with a simple pic but angling looks off. Straight, perpendicular grafts is classic bad angle from bad surgeon. A good surgeon tries to have aggressive non perpendicular angling so it covers more surface giving better illusion of density.

I'm not talking about angulation but direction. The angles seem to be okay. 

2 hours ago, Gatsby said:

If you live in New Delhi then I would definitely be booking to have an in person assessment with Eugenix. All the best.

I have already visited their clinic twice, as soon as the one month mark was up I could see double hair in my hair line. Whereas my surgeon said that only single hair will be used. I went to Eugenix immediately, and then again after 15 days. 

Both of the times I was seen by Dr Vinita, who was very kind and empathetic and gave me at least an hour of her time. However at that moment the direction of the hair was not evident. Now after a bit of growth the direction is becoming clearer, I don't want to go to them a third time and bother them. I think I will now just soldier on and go to them after 6 months. 

Edited by bigmistake
Spelling mistake

• Moderators

The best thing to do right now is just wait a few months for it to grow and then you can see what it looks like. Then you can get a proper assessment as to what is required going forward.

Edited by BeHappy

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• 8 months later...