Beginning Xyon 1 Year Journey

Hi everyone, I've been selected to try out Xyon's topical finasteride for a year. In terms of past med history, I've been on minoxidil, LLLT, and nizoral shampoo the past 5 years. I had tried finasteride 1 mg EOD from August 2020 - May 2022, but still saw my hair loss progress, despite being a bit slower than the past. Because I wasn't getting the results I had hoped and had minor sides (i.e. lesser libido, watery semen), I stopped. Since then, my hair has thinned slightly, but the hair that has thinned was probably going to go anyways in a year or so even if I had continued oral fin. I'm now trying topical fin to see if I could have any chance at revitalizing those hairs potentially. I am relatively young (22), so I hope to see some revitalization from hairs that existed just a few years ago, but I also didn't respond well to oral fin, so I don't have super high hopes, but we'll just have to wait and see. Here's some baseline photos. I'll update every 30-60 days.

IMG_4398.PNG

IMG_4418.JPG

Edited by Fox243
  • Like 1

• Administrators

You’re 22 now? 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
26 minutes ago, Sunset Dune said:

He’s probably still bald, Finasteride is used as a preventative medication it’s utterly useless and pointless to use once your past stage 4

He's 22.

When you're that young regrowth is commonplace. 

• Thumbs-down 1

2 hours ago, Sunset Dune said:

He’s probably still bald, Finasteride is used as a preventative medication it’s utterly useless and pointless to use once your past stage 4

As a NW5 I would respectfully disagree. I had significant regrowth on finesteride (in my late 40s) as a result of the medication and believe it will help retain my remaining native hair.

Edited by BackFromTheBrink