Can I get a hair transplant at 20?

I am 20, and I am heavily diffuse thinning and I had a post month ago from different account and the comments said I was too young, and I needed to take meds, but I am already on meds for 6 months, it hasn’t done anything so pls give me some advice that can help me

Which was the other thread? 20 with hair loss/heavy diffusing would be very risky without first stabilising and waiting to see how you’re hair develops until around age 25. 6 months isn’t long enough, you would need to remain on this med regime for as long as you wanted to retain you’re current hair. Most people will need do wait at least a year of being on meds before being accepted as a patient. But you are only 20 with heavy loss already, you need to be incredibly careful In you’re long term planning. Make a mistake now and you could end up looking worse.

When you say it has done nothing, at best for most people it will retain you’re current hair, improvements just don’t happen for the vast majority, it’s preventing any further loss and strengthening you’re existing hair that’s the goal for you. 

It's unethical to accept paitents under age 24, between age 24-27 it's still very questionable in many cases, above age 28 a clinic can understand the hairloss pattern and donor stability, BUT DO NOT even consider HT at age 20🤚🏻

• Like 2

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

What Doron said.

It's super-risky getting a HT under 30, as your hair-loss can move quite aggressively and you will find yourself exhausted, jumping from procedure to procedure, just to simply catch up. If medication is not cutting it for you, wait until your loss stabilizes -from the sound of it, it's pretty aggressive and might leave you a NW7- and then explore some suitable options.

Eugenix works some minor miracles utilizing beard hair these days.

• Valued Contributor
2 hours ago, Doron Harati said:

It's unethical to accept paitents under age 24, between age 24-27 it's still very questionable in many cases, above age 28 a clinic can understand the hairloss pattern and donor stability, BUT DO NOT even consider HT at age 20🤚🏻

This. ^ You want to know what your hair loss pattern will be. Between 18-24/5 DHT can and often does have it's strongest effect so stay on the meds. I totally get why you want this now. I did at 18 and surgery was the worst decision I made. Learn by my mistakes because they are free and will leave you without one scar. All the best!

Kara1,

I know this is not what you want to hear but at 20 years of age and aggressive hair loss, you are simply not a candidate at this time especially for only being on medication for only six months. For instance, anyone on finasteride should be on it for at least a year before determining its efficacy. Also, since you are already experiencing aggressive hair loss at 20 years of age, getting a hair transplant at this point would simply exacerbate things.

I really do understand how upsetting hair loss can be.  But to treat it properly, steps have to be taken in a certain order.  And since donor hair is limited, surgeons have to be real strategic in making the best use of it over time.  Starting too early could make things worse.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.