Hair Density Question

headsup

I was curious to know how many hairs per sq/c is normal to having a fuller look. I am in the N/2 to 3 range, and have been told that I would need aprox. 1500 grafts in order to achieve the results I am looking for. Since I am mostly concerned about a natural hairline I am leaning towards going to Dr. Shapiro. His website stated that they would be using 20/25 per sq/c, Would that be an adequate number for decent results?

I was curious to know how many hairs per sq/c is normal to having a fuller look. I am in the N/2 to 3 range, and have been told that I would need aprox. 1500 grafts in order to achieve the results I am looking for. Since I am mostly concerned about a natural hairline I am leaning towards going to Dr. Shapiro. His website stated that they would be using 20/25 per sq/c, Would that be an adequate number for decent results?

headsup, from what i have come to understand on these forums and doctors's websites, 20-25 per sq.cm wouldn't nearly be enought to get a full look. most docs talk in the range of 45-50 to some even considering upto 60. i am not an expert on this, so its just my opinion. do your research.

The frontal zone would not have more than 20/25 cm/sq because you do not have a wall of hair even before any loss occurs. This would not look natural. You can go to Shapiro Medical Groups website and do an on line consult that will give you this information. Dr. Shapiro is always a good choice. By the way an FYI, his brother Paul is joining the practice as a transplant surgeon.

Ailene

Dr. Cooley assistant

Ailene Russell, NCMA

Dr. Jerry Cooley's personal assistant and clinical supervisor for Carolina Dermatology Haircenter. My postings are my own opinion and may not reflect Dr. Cooley's opinion on any subject discussed.

Dr. Jerry Cooley is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

25 per sq is NATURAL in the hairline and transition zone. Frontal core area get more dense and then transitions back toward the crown. A natural hairline (non HT hairline) has 20-25 per sq in the hairline zone. A thick wall is very noticable and unnatural which will stand out as showing you had something done-- looks very weird-- I've seen several people like this.

If you need Hairline, Dr. Shapiro is one of the best if not the best with his hairline artistary. You can not go wrong. And 1500 FU in the hairline/temple/tranisition area would give you a GREAT NATURAL apperance. You probably would be able to get a few hundred in the frontal core/midscalp as well.

Best of luck.

By the way for those of you who are a little weak on the math side-- a normal virgin donor area has 5,000-8,000 FU's-- now if your doing 50-60 fu per sq all over-- Then there is NO WAY your going to get much coverage?????