HT clinics in Turkey

ReP

Hello,

I am in the midst of comparing clinics in Turkey for a HT hopefully within the next months. I am Norwood 4 and was told I needed 4-5K grafts. Everyone is offering FUE and or DHI as a method. Any comments on a preference?

I read that the surgeons with the greatest experience often run "hair mills" where they don't operate themselves but leave it to technicians. I have received quotes from Dr Erdogan at ASMED and Dr Aygin as well as Dr Acar from Cosmedica. Am I correct in my understanding that while I am getting first class clinic with all required high (medical and hygiene) standards it may lack in experience on the actual person performing the operation unless I insist on the doctor doing the operation? -at Asmed they offer as an option to have the surgery performed by Dr Erdogan but its the double price (15K)

So then I found a place that sounds promising and is quoted the "best" place in Turkey on a comparison website before ASMED and Cosmedica: IdealofMed, a swedish clinic in Istanbul. They have a lot of stellar patient reviews but there is no information on who is performing the  procedures. -Does anyone know anything about them?

Lastly I know of someone who was very happy with his results at Berkay Tulpar clinic, but they don't have very good reviews. Any comment on that?

Thank you very much for all your help and advice. I hope this will help clear the confusion.

One of the best ways to find a right surgeon is to look up case results from patients within a 1-2 year window (ie. recent).  If you can't find any, don't risk it.  Beware google reviews for Turkish hair mills, they've been caught spamming this feature.  If you see bad reviews for Turkish clinic you're interested in, even if it looks like there are more Good ones than bad, skip it too.  There needs to be a very high threshold of proof from a place in that country otherwise you are making a gamble and can come out looking worse than before.  Use the Advanced Search feature on this forum to do some detective work.

• Like 1

Literally 100s of threads all asking the same, all with similar answers, Don’t go too cheap, and don’t get a tech only procedure.

The clinics to look at are Dr Pekiner, Dr Keser, Dr Bicer & HLC or the more affordable Dr Turan/Dr Gur, Dr Yaman & Dr Demirsoy but Still with Dr involvement.

Research all of these, you will still find the occasional not so good results. Never a good idea to base your decision on cost, if needed then save up to get the right Dr for you’re needs. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ReP said:

Hello,

I am in the midst of comparing clinics in Turkey for a HT hopefully within the next months. I am Norwood 4 and was told I needed 4-5K grafts. Everyone is offering FUE and or DHI as a method. Any comments on a preference?

I read that the surgeons with the greatest experience often run "hair mills" where they don't operate themselves but leave it to technicians. I have received quotes from Dr Erdogan at ASMED and Dr Aygin as well as Dr Acar from Cosmedica. Am I correct in my understanding that while I am getting first class clinic with all required high (medical and hygiene) standards it may lack in experience on the actual person performing the operation unless I insist on the doctor doing the operation? -at Asmed they offer as an option to have the surgery performed by Dr Erdogan but its the double price (15K)

So then I found a place that sounds promising and is quoted the "best" place in Turkey on a comparison website before ASMED and Cosmedica: IdealofMed, a swedish clinic in Istanbul. They have a lot of stellar patient reviews but there is no information on who is performing the  procedures. -Does anyone know anything about them?

Lastly I know of someone who was very happy with his results at Berkay Tulpar clinic, but they don't have very good reviews. Any comment on that?

Thank you very much for all your help and advice. I hope this will help clear the confusion.

Mate all those places you listed, ASMED, Cosmedica etc are hair mills.. I don't know why they lied to you but there is no way Erdogan is involved in your surgery even with the premium package, maybe he draws on the hair line in 5 minutes and sends you on your way to his army of unnamed techs.. 

Check Bicer, FUEcapilar, Pekineer, HLC for much better and more ethical clinics in Turkey 

Check Pinto, Ferreira, Ximena Villa for relatively cheap but fantastic clinics in europe

And finally Eugenix in India is doing great work, they are very popular here currently 

Just erase ASMED and Cosmedica from your head

• Like 3

To be fair, Dr Erdogan does actually get involved if that package is chosen, well to doing the incision step anyway, that’s it though! 
BUT ! It’s not a option that should be opted for since you could get a much, much better choice for the same price in Europe as @botchedguy95has mentioned.

Unless someone has a time machine and can go back 5 years, then give ASMED a massive swerve.

Edited by Pbaird98

• 2 weeks later...

ok, so I requested a quote from a few others and received back this morning an answer from Fuecapilar. They are offering two options for me , stating that I am Norwood V: FUE method, transplanting 2000-2500 grafts in the front and 800-1000 in the crown, done all in one day by Dr  Gur himself or DHI method, transplanting 3500-4000 grafts in total over 2 days, not mentioning if Dr Turan is involved (I will confirm before I go for it)

How do I choose which method is better for me? There seems to be a different count of grafts and though I understand the two methods I don't know which one is more suited for my case. 

Does anyone have advice on how to choose?

• 5 weeks later...

I went with Fuecapilar - Dr Turan 9 days ago (DHI), was very happy with the whole process and with how it all looks so far. I was Norwood 3 and got 2329 grafts. 

Dr Turan did the hairline design and the implantation, he didn’t do the extraction he had someone else do that. 

I went with the DHI technique because I believe it makes the hairline look more natural and the transplant area bleeds less and heals faster. I think I read somewhere that DHI is better than FUE with the density also. 😁

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/3/2022 at 6:59 PM, ReP said:

ok, so I requested a quote from a few others and received back this morning an answer from Fuecapilar. They are offering two options for me , stating that I am Norwood V: FUE method, transplanting 2000-2500 grafts in the front and 800-1000 in the crown, done all in one day by Dr  Gur himself or DHI method, transplanting 3500-4000 grafts in total over 2 days, not mentioning if Dr Turan is involved (I will confirm before I go for it)

How do I choose which method is better for me? There seems to be a different count of grafts and though I understand the two methods I don't know which one is more suited for my case. 

Does anyone have advice on how to choose?

This seems pretty low for a NW5. I got assessed as a NW3V by both doctors and quoted around 3000-3500 grafts by Dr. Turan and 2500-3000 grafts by Dr. Gur. 

As far as DHI is concerned, I wouldn’t worry to much about the method. DHI is actually a  part of the FUE method. It just refers to how the grafts are implemented, using a CHOI implanter pen. It’s all about the skill of the doctor (in this case, both seem skilled) and which of their plans sound the best to you. 

14 minutes ago, Adrenaline7 said:

This seems pretty low for a NW5. I got assessed as a NW3V by both doctors and quoted around 3000-3500 grafts by Dr. Turan and 2500-3000 grafts by Dr. Gur. 

As far as DHI is concerned, I wouldn’t worry to much about the method. DHI is actually a  part of the FUE method. It just refers to how the grafts are implemented, using a CHOI implanter pen. It’s all about the skill of the doctor (in this case, both seem skilled) and which of their plans sound the best to you. 

I'm not sure - will depend on hair characteristics.

I was 5a and got good coverage with 3100 grafts