Blood work before starting Fin and Minox - Which tests? Any of you do this?

I am thinking about starting Fin and Minox. Both in oral form. But have been reading about maybe it is a good idea to have some blood work done to establish a baseline. I am traveling at the moment so blood work seems to add up. So I am trying to figure out what is essential and can do more complete bloodwork back in the US.

While I was searching, I found someone post this on reddit. Seems like a lot of tests.  Which ones did you have done? Thanks.

Edit: I have read that oral fin can be effective even at .2 mg and minox at .625mg twice a day. Anyone have success with lower doses like this?

DHT, Free, LCMS/Dialysis

Testosterone, Free+Total LC/MS

Estradiol, Sensitive

T3, Free

Reverse T3, Serum

T4 Free, Serum

PSA, Serum

Prolactin

Progesterone

FSH, Serum

LH, serum

Edited by Needadviceplease

4 hours ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

i dont get whats the point in doing these tests

its not like you can predict whether you will get sides or not by doing these tests

You can actually make pretty accurate assumptions as to how a reduction in t converting to dht COULD play out, given you have this prior information - for example, if you already have low DHT (within range) and high estrogen (within range) - this may suggest you are more at risk of moving your estrogen levels into upper out of range territories should you inhibit enzymes that reduce t into dht. 

It is also very useful to have as a benchmark and reference point, should for whatever reason in the future you aim to go back to baseline levels. 

• Like 1