Can I (or would I even want too) walk around and sight see Istanbul 4-8 days after the procedure?

Have my ht booked for early January. Flight prices drop a ton at 8 days after the procedure so after airfare and accommodation, staying longer is the same overall cost as flying out 2-4 days after the ht

Not planning on doing any swimming, hot air baloon rides, treks are anything crazy, just wondering if I'll be able to walk around and check out the Hagia Sophia, The Grand Bazaar, etc. Unfortunately I have no time to check out these places before the procedure. 

Would this be dangerous for the success of my hair transplant or will I be fine?

No sightseeing post procedure, you'll want to shut yourself in your cave and heal/grow, not worry about e-passes on your phone and grabbing lunch at packed counters. If it makes more sense financially to you, just hole up in the hotel and enjoy the room service for the extra days. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, StillAlive said:

No sightseeing post procedure, you'll want to shut yourself in your cave and heal/grow, not worry about e-passes on your phone and grabbing lunch at packed counters. If it makes more sense financially to you, just hole up in the hotel and enjoy the room service for the extra days. 

Exactly this …. Then get home and relax

Edited by Happy New Hair

i wandered around bangkok the next following day for about 4 days after my procedure but mostly indoors with airconditioning and also went back to my clinic for my first wash and 3 washes afterwards.

my clinic also gave me a bandama to wear over your head for protection

i was just advised not to sweat too much 

10 hours ago, StillAlive said:

Fair enough, 2nd question, back home I have a pretty urban lifestyle, I walk to work, to the grocery store, etc.

When can I start resuming my normal lifestyle in that sense?

Personally i feel like the first 7 days post-op, but especially maybe the first 4 days are crucial to ensure you do everything you possibly can to prevent graft damage etc. and that includes watching you don't bump your head getting in and out of cars which is a thing that happened to me once immediately post-op but would be an even greater risk trying to travel around normally too. The next thing is to try and avoid direct sunlight on the recipient area. Although some say you don't need to cover the hair, i personally prefer the privacy of not having it on show, so wore a loose surgical cap and then a loose baseball cap as soon as i could. 

Turkey is probably a really cheap holiday destination and you can always go back, so i wouldn't risk going out post-op but most try go before. 

IMHO, you can resume your normal life style after one week post-op…and I agree to protect your scalp from sun exposure, no running, no weight lifting.

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Your doctor will give you full instructions, but daily stuff like going to the grocery store or picking up a package shouldn't be an issue.

Walking 8-10 hours a day sightseeing though, not a good idea. You take it easy, particularly until the scabs come off around Day 10, catch up on your Netflix, time goes by before you notice.

• Like 1

Go sightseeing before the trip. 

Even if you take all the precautions, make sure not to bump your head, wear a hat to avoid sunlight, etc. you are still going to be groggy, tired, and probably too focused on the surgery to really take in all the tourist spots. 

Most importantly, your donor area is likely going to be itchy as f*ck. Post-op itchiness cannot be understated, it is a huge thing. 

For me personally, if I got surgery in Turkey, all I would want to do post-surgery is go home. 

Bring gobs of aloe vera for the itchiness. with you if you do decide to sightsee post-op. 

Edited by HappyMan2021
  • Like 1

Thanks for the input everyone, Ive decided to fly back 2 days after the operation since I won't be able to take full advantage of Istanbul during the time after. 

I'm flying in to Istanbul 2 days before hand so I'll at least have the 1 day before the transplant to check out a few things. 

• Like 1