are there any people who got side effects at 1mg/day but didnt when they switched to a smaller dosage?(finasteride)

mr_peanutbutter

1 hour ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

at least on the internet that doesnt seem the case

i always read stuff like

“got sides at 1mg/day, switched to 0.00124 mg/every other day but still got sides eventually“

so i wonder. it appears you either get sides or you dont, regardless of dosage

Interesting question. A few different studies have shown that Fin has a "Flat dose response" meaning a "super low dose" of 0.05mg has nearly the same reduction in serum DHT as 5mg. It's basically the reason I think the "try lowering your dose" or "try topical" recommendation is probably not good advice if you get sides from oral Fin.

It's an interesting observation about medicine and pharmaceuticals in general. 0.05mg sounds like a very low dose of anything, but when you're talking about physiological processes that aren't even visible under microscope 0.05mg could have a large inhibitory effect.

That said the lower doses should at least allow your body to clear it through your system sooner than the higher doses. 

https://www.jaad.org/article/S0190-9622(99)80051-6/fulltext

Edited by GoliGoliGoli
  • Like 1

• Administrators

@Gatsby just lowered his dosages and feels no sides.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

40 minutes ago, Mood Swings said:

I had side effects with 1mg/day, switched to 1mg MWF, sides are gone

Did you immediately switch or did you stop the drugs completely for a period (i.e 2 weeks) then recommence MWF?

• Like 1