Dr Bruno Ferreira (1st appointment)

Hello guys,

So today was my first appointment with Dr. Bruno Ferreira. 

First topic was finasteride. I told that I started to take it every day. And after finishing the box (with 28 pills). And I dicide to stop because I had side effects, mostly sexual performance. And after that, I did a stop of 2 weeks and started again with 3 pill per week (3mg in total) 

Is first advice is to start with proscar and increase the dose, cutting the phill in 4. (Each pill was 5mg), and after 6 months he will evaluated the improvement as well as the side effects. (It was too soon to had any side effects, that's what he said)

Second topic we talked more about hair transplant. He analyze my hair and told my that I have a great density and strong hair (that he said that is 90 microns more or less).

And we advice me to do the temples. 

He told my that on my case it should be around 3.000/3.200 follicles to restore the front part.

He draw 2 lines, the punctured and the other. (The punctured is my natural line, normally)

To be honest, I was more into Dr.Bruno Pinto, because is showing amazing results to and the price is more affordable. (Almost 1€ per graft of difference between Dr. Ferreira).

What do you think about his analyze? And what line do you think I should go? 

Thank you guys for all the help 

20221017_112310.jpg

Edited by Alex94gasp

• Administrators

The hairline looks like a good design. Did you consult with Dr. Pinto? I thought he was roughly the same price.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

The hairline looks like a good design. Did you consult with Dr. Pinto? I thought he was roughly the same price.

Only in the beginning of the next year. The difference in price is almost 1€/graft. Nevertheless I want to know the opinion from Dr. Bruno Ferreira. Is a difference of 3 salary in Portugal :p 

7 hours ago, Alex94gasp said:

Hello guys,

So today was my first appointment with Dr. Bruno Ferreira. 

First topic was finasteride. I told that I started to take it every day. And after finishing the box (with 28 pills). And I dicide to stop because I had side effects, mostly sexual performance. And after that, I did a stop of 2 weeks and started again with 3 pill per week (3mg in total) 

Is first advice is to start with proscar and increase the dose, cutting the phill in 4. (Each pill was 5mg), and after 6 months he will evaluated the improvement as well as the side effects. (It was too soon to had any side effects, that's what he said)

Second topic we talked more about hair transplant. He analyze my hair and told my that I have a great density and strong hair (that he said that is 90 microns more or less).

And we advice me to do the temples. 

He told my that on my case it should be around 3.000/3.200 follicles to restore the front part.

He draw 2 lines, the punctured and the other. (The punctured is my natural line, normally)

To be honest, I was more into Dr.Bruno Pinto, because is showing amazing results to and the price is more affordable. (Almost 1€ per graft of difference between Dr. Ferreira).

What do you think about his analyze? And what line do you think I should go? 

Thank you guys for all the help 

20221017_112310.jpg

Bruno is well known to be a major Finasteride pusher. Big time. Forces almost all his patients on it. Very odd. Meanwhile Konior doesn’t even bat an eye if you don’t want to take Finasteride. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
23 minutes ago, Alex94gasp said:

I mean 4 mg/weak seams a lot. I'm now at 3 mg/week. After stopping this box, I may try the 4Mg/week.

Any person knows about Dr.Pinto? If he pushes that much?

He's friends with Dr. Oscar Munoz who is a big advocate of Oral Minoxidil. I should be having a podcast with him soon. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

this is quite strange advice to increase the dosage & discount the side affects.

No a doctor i would consider if this is how he treats patients

10 hours ago, hairman22 said:

this is quite strange advice to increase the dosage & discount the side affects.

No a doctor i would consider if this is how he treats patients

Well a told that I had some side effects. And that I lose performance and erection when I take 1mg/day. And he told me, that the side effects are only noticeable after 2/3 months...

On 10/17/2022 at 8:33 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

He's friends with Dr. Oscar Munoz who is a big advocate of Oral Minoxidil. I should be having a podcast with him soon. 

U have a pod with Bruno Pinto soon?

• Administrators
2 hours ago, GioLam said:

U have a pod with Bruno Pinto soon?

I have to confirm with him, but yes, he’s agreed to do it. 

• Like 2

View my thread

5 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I have to confirm with him, but yes, he’s agreed to do it. 

Exciting, he is wonderful, truly an ethical doctor and I wish every day i had done more research and went with him for my first surgery.. it would have changed my life compared to the botching I got in Turkey..

OP you have made a good choice with ferreira, from what I can tell his hairlines and surgical protocol is immaculate, also the hairline design looks fantastic

Well to be honest I didn't appreciate the fact of the advice to increase to 4mg/week of finasteride. After telling that I reduced to 3mg/week to see if I can tolerate in a longer term. 

Even 3mg/week I'm not felling completely normal. But it's a huge upgrade over 7mg/week