Finasteride Yes or NO

5 minutes ago, Fego said:

Thank you. I watched it and see the doctor say mesothereby dutastride injection is localized on the the scalp. But why I did not see people  on the forum tried this mesothereby injection and almost of them show their experiment about taking oral Fin. or topical Fin. /Dut.  No one showed his experiment about mesothereby dutastride injection to ignore side effects. 

Because it's a brand new treatment modality

Just now, Fego said:

What is your doctor opinion about mesothereby dutastride injection as medication is it has a long term side effects as well? 

I didn’t ask but I know this is quite popular overseas. Mwamba is a big fan of this and also believes it vastly reduces side effects and systemic introduction of the medicine. Dutasteride has a larger molecular weight vs. Finasteride which makes it even more sensible that it would have less ability to penetrate further past the dermal layer of the scalp. 

• Administrators
50 minutes ago, sunsurfhair said:

FYI just saw my dermatologist today for a regular skin check and he’s a very big fan of oral min. He’s seeing excellent results with essentially no sides. He does not go further then 5mg and says most of his patients are on 2.5mg. He is not as much a fan of Finasteride and he said the industry is well aware of the long term effects of the medication. I asked him about topical fin and he said he’s still not sold on it as he has patients that have still had poor side effects from the topical solutions. Any patient that wants oral fin he has them very clearly understand the potential for sides and risk for the longer lasting effects. I said which medication do you feel is a safer bet and he said oral minox by a mile at the dosages being used. He’s a top dermatologist btw - exceptionally well trained and sharp. 

What’s his name?

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks guys for all the replies here ..I am bit new to this fin and min pills....my question is since transplanted hair is from back of the head which survived without falling ..why would we need to take finasteride or minoxidil to keep them ..arent they immune to baldness ?

• Valued Contributor
7 minutes ago, Jay said:

thanks guys for all the replies here ..I am bit new to this fin and min pills....my question is since transplanted hair is from back of the head which survived without falling ..why would we need to take finasteride or minoxidil to keep them ..arent they immune to baldness ?

No they are not immune to baldness (miniaturization). They are very resistant to DHT but over the years the donor area thins.

• Like 1