Keeps Hair Restoration

beary

Hi everyone! New to the forum so please excuse me if I’ve posted in the wrong area. 

I am looking to get a hair transplant soon. I’ve been using a service called Keeps for my Finasteride and they also do HTs. Their doctor based in NYC is Farhan Contractor. I was curious to see if anyone has had any experience with him before or knows where I can find more information about him and his practices. For context they are charging $12k for 2000 grafts. He used to be based in Texas at Restore. He’s seen many patients but would to see if anyones had actual experience with him. 

• 5 months later...
  • Administrators

Keeps the mail order pharmaceutical company is getting into hair transplants 😟

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 1 month later...

Also new here, but I did explore this as an option. It’s very expensive - recommended two FUE 2500 grafts for me, which is sensible, but even with their discounts that is $22.5k. 

I’m only just starting to compare to other local options, but that feels like a premium influenced by the name recognition of the brand partnering with him. When we know the quality of the work done by the best doctors in Turkey, it’s a little hard to swallow paying that much more for the convenience of not having to travel. 

• Administrators
15 hours ago, NY152 said:

Also new here, but I did explore this as an option. It’s very expensive - recommended two FUE 2500 grafts for me, which is sensible, but even with their discounts that is $22.5k. 

I’m only just starting to compare to other local options, but that feels like a premium influenced by the name recognition of the brand partnering with him. When we know the quality of the work done by the best doctors in Turkey, it’s a little hard to swallow paying that much more for the convenience of not having to travel. 

Who’s the surgeon? 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Valued Contributor

@beary Better KEEP your money in your pocket and don't let the KEEPs keep it....at that price range you can get the most experienced and elite surgeon's hands on your head my friend ....so just take your time and do proper survey abt it..

Edited by A_4_Archan
  • Haha 2

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

Just now, A_4_Archan said:

@beary Better KEEP your money in your pocket and don't let the KEEPs keep it....at that price range you can get the most experienced and elite surgeon's hands on your head my friend ....so just take your time and do proper survey abt it..

Lol 😂 yep best plan here would be to KEEP away 😉

• Haha 2

• Administrators
2 hours ago, NY152 said:

Still Dr. Farman Contractor. 

Honestly, sounds way too much for a doctor that is unheard of, keeps is an online pharmacy. They’re sub-contracting surgeons who probably don’t have a lot of experience, otherwise they’d have their own practice. If you’re going to spend that much you could go to virtually any top doctor in the world.

View my thread

40 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Honestly, sounds way too much for a doctor that is unheard of, keeps is an online pharmacy. They’re sub-contracting surgeons who probably don’t have a lot of experience, otherwise they’d have their own practice. If you’re going to spend that much you could go to virtually any top doctor in the world.

Exactly! Feels like they are going for people who have no inclination to comparison shop.