Question about tax rate for transplants in Turkey as well as about Dr. Pekiner in particular

Is there a tax rate applied to hair transplants in Turkey? Couldn't seem to fin anything online. I assume there is since in Belgium it's 18% and India has a similar figure.

Also, does anyone know if Dr. Pekiner does temple restoration? Most his transplants I've seen online have left the temples untouched. Only found one example here where he did minor temple restoration.

temple restoration are doable by Dr Pekkiner cause he does stick and place. the problem is with a limited supply do you want to use up 10-20% of your grafts on temples or rather have a dense hair on top. For most people sacrificing temples for density on top will have a better cosmetic impact. For a select few it can make sense to restor temples

• Like 2

2 hours ago, shiba1985 said:

temple restoration are doable by Dr Pekkiner cause he does stick and place. the problem is with a limited supply do you want to use up 10-20% of your grafts on temples or rather have a dense hair on top. For most people sacrificing temples for density on top will have a better cosmetic impact. For a select few it can make sense to restor temples

I think I could use a hundred grafts for each temple since mine's haven't receded too much. Do you think Pekiner would be willing to use body hair for temples during the same operation?

Here are some pictures of my temples:

20220330_203215.png

20220330_2032272.png

Left 2.png

Right 2.png

Edited by TheDarkHour

7 hours ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

As earlier poster said, their is no VAT charge on HT's in Turkey. Turkish government actually exempted HT's from VAT since they recognize the amount of foreign dollars it brings to the country. 

Source for this? I was charged tax when booking my procedure so unsure what you mean.

The tax was very high too. 

Edited by Alphaone

2 hours ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

https://medicaltravelmarket.com/news/turkey-top-choice-for-hair-transplant-patients

"A considerable contribution to the low cost of treatment in Turkey is the active promotion of medical tourism by the government. No VAT is paid by clinics and hospitals that carry out hair transplants."

Interesting. I don’t know why I was charged such massive tax ☹️