Hi everyone,

Where to begin. I'm 44 and starting losing my hair at 18. I spoke to my family GP at the time and he said it was my genetics and there was nothing he could do. I was going bald!!

By the time I was 30 I was shaving my head. It's been that way ever since. I've endured the usual jokes and smart ass comments from people for a long time. It had affected me mentally more than I actually realised. 

I always hoped that sometime in the future there may be a cure or a magic pill. In the past few years I have started researching and realised that I may have missed out on  medical intervention through tablets. I wasn't aware there was finasteride, duestruide and others. 

Fast forward to today and I have started noticing on social media about hair transplants and some amazing results. I suppose it got me thinking if this is something possible. 

My research has led me to here. I suppose i am looking for advice or for someone to tell me that it's not possible and wait for something in the future. I was concerned about contacting clinics that would build up my hopes for something thst may not even be possible.

As I have said above I shave my head daily. I have let it grow out for a few days so I can show some photos. I just an honest opinion. 

Thanks everyone and I wish you all well on your journey.

20220808_085658.jpg

20220808_085815.jpg

20220808_090154.jpg

20220808_085812.jpg

20221010_122610.jpg

20221010_122254.jpg

20221010_122242.jpg

For better estimation you need to grow your hair for 1-2 weeks.

Seems you're NW6, there's a large area to cover, your donor looks stable but better grow the hair, you'll need at least 2 procedures, 1st for frontal, 2nd from middle scalp backwards to crown as possible, if you're interested you can contact me for clinic's estimation, HDC clinic located in Cyprus near to Greece and you can find many reviews here on our MDs Dr. Maras and Dr. Christina.

HDC Instegram:

https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

• Thanks 1

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

@Bald_In_Oz,

Nobody likes to experience hair loss and go bald. And it’s sad that there are so many that think it’s OK and acceptable to make jokes at someone’s expense for their hair loss.

now, the pictures you took aren’t ideal because your hair is cropped exceptionally close and there are no photos showing the top of your scalp. But based on what I see, it looks like you are a full blown Norwood class six with essentially no hair remaining on top. Is that correct?

It’s a shame that you didn’t try using non-surgical solutions such as finasteride and minoxidil earlier because they both have a pretty good chance at slowing down or stopping the progression of male pattern baldness, especially when used in conjunction with one another.  However, no non-surgical solution is proven to grow hair and completely bald areas. Therefore, men with advanced hair loss and wholeness such as yourself aren’t likely to regrow any hair using non-surgical solutions.

as far as surgical hair restoration, you will have to develop and establish very realistic expectations if you consider going down this road. At best, you may be able to re-create a conservative looking hairline with low density and coverage that extends back into the mid scalp region and possibly part of the crown depending on your donor hair availability.  So from the front view, you’ll possess a very mature and conservative looking hairline but from the top view. The Transplant Aid hairher will look on the thinner side and will likely only extend into the mid scalp region with baldness behind it.  A reputable surgeon will be able to make the transition from hair to scalp look gradual and natural but since hair transplantation is about supply and demand, there’s not much a surgeon can do to create more supply if the demand is too great.

If you are able to grow your hair out a little bit and then post some additional photos showing your donor area and the top of your scalp so we can see how much natural hair you have left on top if any, that would be helpful as well.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

• Thanks 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

• Valued Contributor

As the above have mentioned you really have to grow your hair out for ideally at least one week (preferably two) so we can get a better idea. If you have a good beard you can augment your scalp donor with beard grafts. Clinics like Eugenix have perfected this into an art with the number of beard grafts they can obtain. However whichever way you go you have to be very realistic on what goals can be achieved. All the best. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I shall grow my hair for a few weeks and come back with more photos. 

At this stage I don't have any expectations. I know I will never have a mop of hair again as I did when I was younger. Something age appropriate would be nice though. As I age it would be nice to stop shaving it daily but also have some on top. My facial hair is average and most of it has turned white so I'm sure if it would be suitable.

I have no hair on top except a lot of miniaturised hairs. I am unsure if the norwood scale. I assumed i was a 7 but maybe i am a 6. Would it be to late to try medical intervention such as dutasteride?

Reading through the forums I wont be seeking any appointments within Australia with clinics. I am orginally from Ireland so I do travel quite frequently in that direction. I am in no rush to get a transplant. I want to find the best possible surgeon for me and I am quite happy to wait if need be. 

• Like 1