Dr. Diep Transplant FUT 1600 grafts

12 hours ago, RTC said:

Until a doctor has organic reviews, with people actually posting their journeys, that raises suspicion for me

I can sympathise with that view as you have previously been hurt by a different surgeon. So I can understand the anxiety it may cause. After all that is said and done, as long as the people themselves getting a procedure feel good after that in itself speaks volumes about a prospective doc. 

27 minutes ago, Nelly said:

I can sympathise with that view as you have previously been hurt by a different surgeon. So I can understand the anxiety it may cause. After all that is said and done, as long as the people themselves getting a procedure feel good after that in itself speaks volumes about a prospective doc. 

Nobody's anxious mate, no need to be patronising. Fact remains that every review Dr Mani has comes a year later with boilerplate text about how great he was.

I'm sure he's good but I won't buy into it until I see some organic posts.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Nelly said:

I didn't interpret his standard being due to anxiety, I interpreted it as it being due to being thorough in his research. How did you end up with the anxiety conclusion? He already had his transplant. 

For me personally, I wouldn't be particularly suspicious of the reviews. It kinda might be like how if some shop asks you in-person to give them a 5 star review on yelp, you would probably just do it if your phone was out, especially if you think you'll end up at the same place again. I think since Diep asked, they did it. 

But for me personally if surgeon A has a lot of organic, full journey reviews, and then surgeon B had only a lot of reviews on throwaway accounts, I would learn towards surgeon A. 

Edited by HairRun
  • Thanks 1

On 10/12/2022 at 10:20 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

They’re not incentivized to post, were you given any incentives? I certainly was not. At the end of Dr. Dieps email he asks for his patients to post a review on here, real self and yelp, but you don’t get anything for doing it. As I said, I’ve spoken to several posters who posted a review and left and thought they were helping the doctor out. 

I was not given any incentives or asked to write reviews. I don't think they'd want me to leave a review. Was also never given photos taken at the clinic. 

On 10/13/2022 at 12:24 AM, WS2020 said:

I am a real Dr Diep patient and I get nothing from anyone or anywhere to post my experiences here.

Overall, I am satisfy with my HT result after almost two years from the date of the surgery. Is it perfect? Absolutely not. However, my wife likes it enough and asks me to go back to do more.

I know Dr. Diep does ask his patients to write good reviews on different websites if their results are good. However, it is all voluntary and it is up to us to do it or not. Frankly, all small business owners should do it and it is just a good marketing practice. Not sure why you are kind of offended by it.

If a patient wants to give a positive review, then that’s all fine if it’s genuine. It’s just hard to gauge whether these are genuine or not since they all sound the same and have similar patterns/behaviors.

Also, being a two-time Diep patient, I don’t want someone else to be disingenuously (assumedly) influenced to potentially end up in a situation like me where they get a poor result that needs repair and their donor area becomes compromised and the future of their hair is uncertain because they don’t know how their hair loss may progress or if they have enough grafts to have future work done. These hit-and-run reviews may influence someone’s decision to take what I view as a bigger gamble than getting a hair transplant already is. If I were an outlier situation, I’d keep my mouth shut because it’s not right to potentially hurt a business, but I am certainly not an outlier situation. Diep may have produced good results, but there are plenty of bad results by him. I don’t think it’s an exaggeration to say it’s 50/50 at this point.

Also, before going ahead with Diep a second time and before I became a member on this forum, I remember googling reviews for Dr. Diep and stumbled on some posts from here. I remember not understanding the criticisms being made on him and thought it was a hive mind type of thing. Now I totally understand it.  I also remember thinking, yeah, the criticisms have to be from outlier cases because Dr. Diep is still being vouched for and he has plenty of good results on his YouTube channel, like Chris, and from here like baldlivesmatter, skyb, hairvanity, etc., etc. It’s a shame that I only did proper research after having a poor to subpar result, but you think you’d be in good hands with a doc that’s vouched for and seemingly has a good track record.

Also, I’m not blaming anyone for my decision to proceed with Dr. Diep. I probably would have went with him anyways because I genuinely thought he was the best doctor in America. I'm just trying to point out that I was in those shoes of being totally green on hair transplants, not even understanding what cornrows or cobblestoning meant, and just wanted to fix an insecurity that is mentally and emotionally debilitating by going to a "well-reputed" doc. If someone genuinely has a good result from Diep, then that's great and there's nothing wrong with reporting that. However, if there's some low effort reviews where the authenticity or motivations of them are questionable or if valid criticisms are met with strong defense (and vice versa), then are these the right influences? Just hoping prospective patients can remain objective in their decisions in what feels like a tug of war at times in regards to Dr. Diep. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, AlexMeister21 said:

I was not given any incentives or asked to write reviews. I don't think they'd want me to leave a review. Was also never given photos taken at the clinic. 

I've been trying over a year to get my photos from Dr Diep's office. 

During one of my consults, I was informed that they are part of my medical record and I am legally entitled to them. So now I am considering the next step on how to retrieve them. 

10 hours ago, AlexMeister21 said:

If a patient wants to give a positive review, then that’s all fine if it’s genuine. It’s just hard to gauge whether these are genuine or not since they all sound the same and have similar patterns/behaviors.

Also, being a two-time Diep patient, I don’t want someone else to be disingenuously (assumedly) influenced to potentially end up in a situation like me where they get a poor result that needs repair and their donor area becomes compromised and the future of their hair is uncertain because they don’t know how their hair loss may progress or if they have enough grafts to have future work done. These hit-and-run reviews may influence someone’s decision to take what I view as a bigger gamble than getting a hair transplant already is. If I were an outlier situation, I’d keep my mouth shut because it’s not right to potentially hurt a business, but I am certainly not an outlier situation. Diep may have produced good results, but there are plenty of bad results by him. I don’t think it’s an exaggeration to say it’s 50/50 at this point.

Also, before going ahead with Diep a second time and before I became a member on this forum, I remember googling reviews for Dr. Diep and stumbled on some posts from here. I remember not understanding the criticisms being made on him and thought it was a hive mind type of thing. Now I totally understand it.  I also remember thinking, yeah, the criticisms have to be from outlier cases because Dr. Diep is still being vouched for and he has plenty of good results on his YouTube channel, like Chris, and from here like baldlivesmatter, skyb, hairvanity, etc., etc. It’s a shame that I only did proper research after having a poor to subpar result, but you think you’d be in good hands with a doc that’s vouched for and seemingly has a good track record.

Also, I’m not blaming anyone for my decision to proceed with Dr. Diep. I probably would have went with him anyways because I genuinely thought he was the best doctor in America. I'm just trying to point out that I was in those shoes of being totally green on hair transplants, not even understanding what cornrows or cobblestoning meant, and just wanted to fix an insecurity that is mentally and emotionally debilitating by going to a "well-reputed" doc. If someone genuinely has a good result from Diep, then that's great and there's nothing wrong with reporting that. However, if there's some low effort reviews where the authenticity or motivations of them are questionable or if valid criticisms are met with strong defense (and vice versa), then are these the right influences? Just hoping prospective patients can remain objective in their decisions in what feels like a tug of war at times in regards to Dr. Diep. 

Really glad you’re sharing your story bro. It’s very easy to fall into the hype and marketing of certain doctors here. On the 50-50 point, it’s safe to say that going to Diep is as big a gamble as, say, ASMED, imo, — only Diep is WAY more pricy. 

Not justifying hair mills, but it’s expected that if you’re paying a fraction and getting techs, you’re playing Russian roulette with your hair and donor. That said, with Diep it’s ridiculous to pay that amount and — if the patient reviews here are anything to go by — still have a reasonable chance of mill-tier result. 

His results seemed much better years ago. I think he’s probably overloaded with patients or the industry has moved past his weird corn-row style implanting. 

In any case, I really wish that the community could vote to remove doctors from the recommended list. The results speak for themselves. Alas. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, HairRun said:

I've been trying over a year to get my photos from Dr Diep's office. 

During one of my consults, I was informed that they are part of my medical record and I am legally entitled to them. So now I am considering the next step on how to retrieve them. 

That's unacceptable. 

1 hour ago, Z-- said:

Really glad you’re sharing your story bro. It’s very easy to fall into the hype and marketing of certain doctors here. On the 50-50 point, it’s safe to say that going to Diep is as big a gamble as, say, ASMED, imo, — only Diep is WAY more pricy. 

Not justifying hair mills, but it’s expected that if you’re paying a fraction and getting techs, you’re playing Russian roulette with your hair and donor. That said, with Diep it’s ridiculous to pay that amount and — if the patient reviews here are anything to go by — still have a reasonable chance of mill-tier result. 

His results seemed much better years ago. I think he’s probably overloaded with patients or the industry has moved past his weird corn-row style implanting. 

In any case, I really wish that the community could vote to remove doctors from the recommended list. The results speak for themselves. Alas. 

Going to Diep is pretty much like going to a hair mill in Turkey except you're paying for one of the most expensive hair transplant surgeons in the world. I'm sure he's heard criticisms over the few years, but yet it doesn't seem as if he is taking any actions to improve his practice. Probably because it would reduce profitability to make adjustments, which is where the question of ethics come in. At the very least, he should have a dedicated staff of technicians by now. There's no excuse for multiple patients within the span of 4-5 years feeling as if their techs were new or inexperienced.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

IMO Diep's HTs look bad. Too thick of hair used throughout, especially at the hairline. Which is probably why you never see any photos of the actual hairline! I remember a Korean dude got his done there, he posted it to Youtube but it looked terrible. Transplanted hair didn't match the existing hair at all. Stuck out like a sore thumb.

• 1 month later...