Can i puy water on my head 6 Day after FUE ?

LastHurrah

• Moderators

Yes. 6 days is about the time you should start showering normal. Just be careful. If you have a showerhead that has settings, then put it on a setting where the water doesn't come out too forcefully for days 6, 7, and 8.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

2 hours ago, LastHurrah said:

HI

I did a FUE and i Wonder if i can put water on my head to clean the scabs ? I am 6 Day after the FUE

Yes, just water is completely fine but only to soften the scabs. You can use a cup in the shower filled with water and pour it gently. However do not rub grafts with your fingers at this point, must let them fall off naturally

Yep. This is totally fine. The surgeons at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration suggest that by Day 5, the grafts are secure and you can start washing normally. We also suggest that you apply warm/soapy suds to the recipient area and let them sit for 10 minutes or so to soften up any scabs (and prevent others from forming).

That said, every surgeon has their own unique set of protocols for this, so it's always best to discuss with your own surgeon first. (Your surgeon should've given you a clear set of guidelines to follow post-op for you to follow btw if you're second guessing.)

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Remember your head is still very numb from all the anesthetics.  I actually scratched my scalp a bit when I rubbed on the scabs to work them loose.  Be gentle.  Follow all the suggestions above and you will be fine.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.