Is finasteride side effect all "pyschological"?

1 hour ago, ciaus said:

That's quite the trolling topic title you picked, way to stir the pot. Maybe its getting harder to bump older topics with older user accounts?

You say yourself in your post the eugenix consultant told you that you're more likely to get side effects if you worry. That's been proven in medical trials, where guys not even part of the groups given the drug started reporting side effect symptoms. And that's not just finasteride, but all drugs in general. Its called the Nocebo effect. But you probably know all this already. 

Yeah when I posted this I wasn't experienced with how searches work, so it was hard to find information by just typing "propecia, psychological" or something like that. Then I realized there is a separate forum called Hair loss drugs, and search allows me to search only within the forum (but even then.. I don't think the search function on this forum is ideal.. it doesn't pop up many previous answers I'm seeking).  And yes I was aware of the nocebo effect,  but "more likely" is what I knew.. was surprised to hear the consultant say it is "all in the head", like "all", which I doubted and decided to ask for opinions here.  Perhaps the consultant didn't mean to say really "all", but he did so, being off finasteride for so long, I thought some facts changed about it and wanted to know if it really is all "psychological", and hence I don't have to worry about side effects if I get my mind straight. But apparently it still is the same thing since 10+ years ago.. just "more likely", not "completely psychological". Some side effects are real. 

On 10/7/2022 at 5:33 PM, Doron Harati said:

I had Finasteride Propecia pills on my 20's and it decreased my sexual drive as well, as a coordinator I can tell that many paitents over the years complaint to me about these side effects, I am using now topical Finasteride mixed with Minoxidil without any issues.

That’s good to hear topical works without the side effects and I applaud you as a practitioner for spreading the reality based on your own experiences. What dose topical fin do you use if you don’t mind me asking?

Edited by sunsurfhair

@sunsurfhairI use formula of HDC clinic,  mine is prescribed by a local pharmacist with collaboration with clinic, the clinic is also sell direct from Cyprus.

It's 1% Finasteride mixed with 5% Minoxidil.

20220423_133212.jpg

• Like 1

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

1% is a very very high dosage !

• Like 1

Minoxidil : 5% topical 1ml/day
Follicular androgen receptor inhibitor : {Fluridil + CosmeRNA}
Exosome Mesotherapy 1mm (See here for explanations & results) : ASCE+ HRLV AAPE for Hair secretomes + human Umbilical Chord Exosomes

The only troublesome side effect for me is extreme libido. I am not married so it is a bother. It is bad talk so I will not go to details but I just don’t feel relieved or satiated and I don’t like focusing so much on sex. 

I check the forum someone posted here and I have the opposite reaction to finasteride? My dermatologist explained to me that since I have a lot of T now, the increased libido is OK. I thought everyone had the same response.

Edited by Alphaone

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/8/2022 at 3:03 AM, Doron Harati said:

I had Finasteride Propecia pills on my 20's and it decreased my sexual drive as well, as a coordinator I can tell that many paitents over the years complaint to me about these side effects, I am using now topical Finasteride mixed with Minoxidil without any issues.

What is the concentration of topical finastride?

On 10/7/2022 at 9:58 PM, Bhl said:

I tried finastride about 10 years ago, for the duration of 2 years or so.

I had a bit of decreased sexual drive, and on some days my head would feel like "blank.." and get the sort of "brain-foggines" where I can't think clearly. After I stopped, these problems didn't surface again for 10+ years till now. 

I'm considering going back on it.. and I was just talking to a eugenix consultant where he suggested it's all psychological (where if we worry about side effects, more likely we get the side effects, so positive mindset is more important).

What do you guys think?

Hi, I had some side effects before I even knew they existed.
Lower libido was the primary one.  But it's nothing life changing.  I can still 'perform' when need be.

7 minutes ago, SeanToman said:

Hi, I had some side effects before I even knew they existed.
Lower libido was the primary one.  But it's nothing life changing.  I can still 'perform' when need be.

This is one of those really subjective sides imo. Mainly because there's other things that can affect you such as stress, anxiety, lifestyle etc. that people don't always seem to account for. 

Personally i'm like yourself where i understand that's a side affect but within a range i'm willing to tolerate because it isn't giving me ED. Much like yourself, i believe i'd perform in the moment and i'm also having to acknowledge like many, many other men who are getting older. Things decline in that area as we age. 

Still, i always tell people be fully informed of the possible sides, do your bloodwork to rule out other underlying things and then make your informed decision and what to do if it doesn't work for you. Above all, we have to as with any and all medication we ever take accept that out if billions of people, there's a possibility we react badly and end up with those sides that are a low chance. Personally i think for myself i was willing to play the odds after diligent research. My only regret as i"ve mentioned many times before is not having started 10 years earlier at 21.

1 hour ago, bigmistake said:

What is the concentration of topical finastride?

1% Finasteride mixed with 5% Minoxidil 

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

18 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

This is one of those really subjective sides imo. Mainly because there's other things that can affect you such as stress, anxiety, lifestyle etc. that people don't always seem to account for. 

Personally i'm like yourself where i understand that's a side affect but within a range i'm willing to tolerate because it isn't giving me ED. Much like yourself, i believe i'd perform in the moment and i'm also having to acknowledge like many, many other men who are getting older. Things decline in that area as we age. 

Still, i always tell people be fully informed of the possible sides, do your bloodwork to rule out other underlying things and then make your informed decision and what to do if it doesn't work for you. Above all, we have to as with any and all medication we ever take accept that out if billions of people, there's a possibility we react badly and end up with those sides that are a low chance. Personally i think for myself i was willing to play the odds after diligent research. My only regret as i"ve mentioned many times before is not having started 10 years earlier at 21.

100%, if you're losing hair you're likely stressed or anxious as is.

5 hours ago, bigmistake said:

Is 1% finastride enough?

Yes, I used pills many years ago but it hurt my libido, the topical has no side effects on me till now.