How many grafts do think I would need?

You're 23 years old and already experiencing relatively severe balding. The average person only has around 6,000 grafts available for transplantation, so with all due respect to TheEmperor, even entertaining the possibility of placing 4,000 to 4,500 in such a small area would be beyond foolish. For starters, the cosmetic difference between 4,500 and 2,500 may be negligible, you are most likely going to become extensively bald and would leave yourself only a few thousand grafts to cover a large area, and even if you do plant such a high number in an area there is a strong possibility that a number of the grafts will no grow.

I would suggest that you consult with a number of physicians and get their opinion. In my opinion though, you need to be conservative. Anything exceeding 2,000 - 2,500 would be a big mistake.

Read this post by Dr. Paul Shapiro. http://hair-restoration-info.c...=615103223#615103223 The number of grafts that SMG suggests for a given area might be considered "conservative" in the opinion of a lot of patients and doctors on this site, yet you will be hard pressed to find anyone who feels as though SMG does not produce truly outstanding results.