25 Yr. Old Male - Coming back to the forums nearly a year later. Nader vs. FUECapilar?

Hi all,

Some of you may remember me. About a year ago, I was planning to do a hair transplant with a local, random doctor. After coming to this forum, I was luckily steered away from making an expensive mistake. You can see my post history for the thread I am referring to. My situation is slightly unique, as I do wear a hair system and have for nearly 3 years. I have been on finasterside for over 5 years. After conducting another few months of research, I decided my favorite two clinics for both price and results are FUECapilar and Dr. Luis Nader.

Additionally, I have since moved, where Dr. Luis Nader is only 5 hours away by car. I do like the results of FUECapilar better, but I am not getting much responses from them. On the other hand, Brenda at Dr. Nader's office has been responsive and already booked me a date (December 27/28). I am strongly considering following through with this appointment with Dr. Nader. While I am able to find more consistent good results online from FUECapilar, I only see glowing recommendations about Dr. Nader. Additionally, FUECapilar would be cheaper.

Does anyone have input on this situation? The December 27/28 date is perfect for me because I am off of work for the holidays -- my only problem would be to miss a wedding but it is out of state anyway. Do y'all still believe that Dr. Nader is a solid choice? I've attached some pics for reference -- the goofy haircut is due to my system.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Edited by louisianatransplant
too detailed of info

• Administrators

Have you tried to contact them on this forum @FUECAPILAR

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, louisianatransplant said:

I have not, how would one do that?

You can send them a private message.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Your mid-scalp/crown looks pretty good, Finasteride has been doing a decent job keeping what you have.

Regarding the clinics, you should check if both have availability on your preferred dates. :) 

FUECapilar is quite popular on YouTube it seems, do you feel happy with results you see there?

Edited by SeanToman

6 hours ago, LookMaxx said:

If you’re in the US, why not Konior if you’ve the money? Or other recommended doctors in the list. 

I do not have the money for that unfortunately.

@SeanTomanI do think I respond well to finasteride, I have never had a side effect and have been taking for 5 years. I also think it has kept my hair despite having a system. I enjoy FUECapilar's results a lot and they are what I would want for my outcome.

Just now, louisianatransplant said:

I do not have the money for that unfortunately.

@SeanTomanI do think I respond well to finasteride, I have never had a side effect and have been taking for 5 years. I also think it has kept my hair despite having a system. I enjoy FUECapilar's results a lot and they are what I would want for my outcome.

Amazing!
I wore a system myself for a couple of years, never believe what they say about it being healthy for you scalp though!

Sure! I was tricked into a hair system at a very young age (I think 20-21?) all for a receding hairline,
I got sick of the time and paranoia around wearing a system.

No matter how well it is, you're fooling everyone but yourself, which will always give you that insecurity that someone might notice.

(Here's a 4 year old photo of the system)
image.png.4eb3a8e2bf80f88a86b071bb4e039fca.png

The glue and take was always a nightmare to deal with, and it was expensive to get a new system every quarter!

Decided to take it off for good, got very depressed about hair loss and lost a lot of weight.
image.png.1937a9afb885c856a1fcf9f5e084ca4c.png

I was only around 53kg in that photo.

Started Finasteride a year later and noticed a difference in density in my crown area, so investigated getting a hair transplant for my hairline.
image.png.1dfd9879a844b8d43deee345c852af38.png
image.png.3dbbe331459d8ef6c7155970711d7d04.png

Safe to say it changed my life for the better!
I was no longer insecure and depressed.  I was able to carry on with life like I used to. :)
To compare now, I'm a much more confident person.

(Quoting an older post of mine) "Sitting at 72kg, I go to the gym now, have made friends that I wouldn't have otherwise due to self esteem issues.
Much happier person overall and any mental health issues due to hair loss has passed."

image.thumb.png.27376f1d8b029183ffe0818cce902760.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SeanToman said:

Sure! I was tricked into a hair system at a very young age (I think 20-21?) all for a receding hairline,
I got sick of the time and paranoia around wearing a system.

No matter how well it is, you're fooling everyone but yourself, which will always give you that insecurity that someone might notice.

(Here's a 4 year old photo of the system)
image.png.4eb3a8e2bf80f88a86b071bb4e039fca.png

The glue and take was always a nightmare to deal with, and it was expensive to get a new system every quarter!

Decided to take it off for good, got very depressed about hair loss and lost a lot of weight.
image.png.1937a9afb885c856a1fcf9f5e084ca4c.png

I was only around 53kg in that photo.

Started Finasteride a year later and noticed a difference in density in my crown area, so investigated getting a hair transplant for my hairline.
image.png.1dfd9879a844b8d43deee345c852af38.png
image.png.3dbbe331459d8ef6c7155970711d7d04.png

Safe to say it changed my life for the better!
I was no longer insecure and depressed.  I was able to carry on with life like I used to. :)
To compare now, I'm a much more confident person.

(Quoting an older post of mine) "Sitting at 72kg, I go to the gym now, have made friends that I wouldn't have otherwise due to self esteem issues.
Much happier person overall and any mental health issues due to hair loss has passed."

image.thumb.png.27376f1d8b029183ffe0818cce902760.png

Thanks for the response. I also feel as though I was slightly tricked but I am at a point where I do not want to take if off unless I got surgery. How was it traveling to Turkey? I am from the US so I am a little nervous about that.

Just now, louisianatransplant said:

Thanks for the response. I also feel as though I was slightly tricked but I am at a point where I do not want to take if off unless I got surgery. How was it traveling to Turkey? I am from the US so I am a little nervous about that.

I think any young male that's encouraged to get a hair system due to a receding hairline is definitely being tricked. 
Especially since the hairline of a hairsystem is the worst part of the over all look!
You can almost never expose the hairline as it looks too obvious that it's a hair system.

Personally I travelled from Ireland to Turkey (solo).
Met the prepaid clinic transporter at the airport and was looked after very well since.  Never felt worried or lost at any point.

If a clinic is worth going to abroad, you should definitely travel.

I recommend watching some YouTuber vlogs of transplant journey process to have a better understanding of what to expect.