is this oral minoxidil legit?

demezz2

50 minutes ago, MissMyLongHair said:

I've used the 2.5mg tablets from there. It gave me hypertrichosis so I'd say it worked.

oh wow, i was going to start with 5mg but maybe i’ll start with 2.5mg instead or even 1.25 

1 hour ago, demezz2 said:

oh wow, i was going to start with 5mg but maybe i’ll start with 2.5mg instead or even 1.25 

It didn't turn me into a werewolf, it just thickened my body hair a bit and my temple hairs started growing a lot closer to my eyebrows lol. Even at 2.5mg you will probably experience that. Unless you really dislike body hair I wouldn't worry about it too much. I dislike body hair but shaving my body with an electric shaver every 2-3 weeks doesn't take too long.

• Like 2

• Valued Contributor

I have to say that it's very early days. However I have been on minoxidil for four months or so (?) and I converted to oral minoxidil 2.5% recently. My nape hair feels like it is coming back and I have another round of hairs pushing through the mid section of my scalp. Now that could be just due to the hair transplant growth rate itself. Either way, I'll be staying on this medication religiously (unless I get side effects of course). I have my follow up appointment with Dr Bhoyrul in December so it will be interesting to see if there has been any real change. He took photos of my scalp on my first appointment. Also a big shout out and thank you to @Viney. 🙏

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gatsby said:

I have to say that it's very early days. However I have been on minoxidil for four months or so (?) and I converted to oral minoxidil 2.5% recently. My nape hair feels like it is coming back and I have another round of hairs pushing through the mid section of my scalp. Now that could be just due to the hair transplant growth rate itself. Either way, I'll be staying on this medication religiously (unless I get side effects of course). I have my follow up appointment with Dr Bhoyrul in December so it will be interesting to see if there has been any real change. He took photos of my scalp on my first appointment. Also a big shout out and thank you to @Viney. 🙏

Thank BHR Clinic/Bisanga @Raphael84, they gave me the referral!

Have to say my 7 month experience so far on Minoxidil has been really positive. In February I'll know a lot more following an 11 month appointment with Dr Bhoyrul.

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
22 minutes ago, Viney said:

Thank BHR Clinic/Bisanga @Raphael84, they gave me the referral!

Have to say my 7 month experience so far on Minoxidil has been really positive. In February I'll know a lot more following an 11 month appointment with Dr Bhoyrul.

Your before and after pics @Viney are like night and day! Wishing you all the best for February. 🙏