Best Doctor for Female HT?

wildflower

Hi, all. 30-something year old female here, interested in a hair transplant. I have had PCOS for 10+ years which has caused hair loss. I've been interested in HTs on again, off again for probably 5+ years now. I did see Dr. Cooley for a consultation many years ago, as he is local to me, but ended up having to cancel the procedure. I am kicking myself for doing so back then (both because of increased prices as well as knowing I'd be more confident in my hair already if I'd gotten it done. Grrr).

In any event, I know Dr. Cooley is booked until the Spring of next year. Knowing that, do y'all have any other doctors you would recommend? I have looked at the Recommended list on this website and e-mailed Dr. Vories who is also booked until Spring of 2023. I was really hoping to get it done sooner, now that I am officially ready for it.

Also, I have not seen too many female experiences or before and afters on this site, so hoping you all might have some good suggestions for docs. I'd like to stay in the eastern US if possible, but am open to travel potentially.

Thanks in advance!

I imagine doctors good with hairlines should be able to deal with female hairs well since softer hairlines are required for females.

I have seen Bisinga, Pekiner do amazingly natural hairlines. And the only female patient result I have seen is from HLC

Perhaps even Konior but he charges an arm and a leg ooof

22 minutes ago, wildflower said:

Hi, all. 30-something year old female here, interested in a hair transplant. I have had PCOS for 10+ years which has caused hair loss. I've been interested in HTs on again, off again for probably 5+ years now. I did see Dr. Cooley for a consultation many years ago, as he is local to me, but ended up having to cancel the procedure. I am kicking myself for doing so back then (both because of increased prices as well as knowing I'd be more confident in my hair already if I'd gotten it done. Grrr).

In any event, I know Dr. Cooley is booked until the Spring of next year. Knowing that, do y'all have any other doctors you would recommend? I have looked at the Recommended list on this website and e-mailed Dr. Vories who is also booked until Spring of 2023. I was really hoping to get it done sooner, now that I am officially ready for it.

Also, I have not seen too many female experiences or before and afters on this site, so hoping you all might have some good suggestions for docs. I'd like to stay in the eastern US if possible, but am open to travel potentially.

Thanks in advance!

There may not be many female cases... but there are many males with long hair who females follow very closely. I believe there are 3 female users that follow this (below) case. This case in particular is good to follow since it is an FUT case which usually isnt chosen here often due to the scar.

which is written by @washingtondc so you could probably ask him directly, or on this post about his documented journey.

If you know which procedure you want to do, whether its FUT or FUE you can probably narrow down a lot of potential surgeons, then theres the possibility of travel and budget. 

I think if you dont care about price there is Konior and H&W who have magnificent results. Both are on the expensive side but have yielded some really good results. However, H&W stopped FUT but they have certain cases where I have seen them do it-- just not sure what those cases are.

There are a few other surgeons I cant remember the name one in CA and another in NY.

Edited by Vann

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

• Administrators

Dr. Nadimi is fantastic, so is Dr. Gabel, Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Konior. Recently @Ilonaa posted a review from Eugenix. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Cooley is one of the best, all of the very best doctors have a long wait list. I suggest consulting with Konior/Nadimi as well, female hair loss is very different from male hair loss and women aren’t typically good hair transplant candidates. Did Cooley or a dermatologist diagnose your hair loss? Are you taking medication? Oral minoxidil has become very popular for female hair loss over the past 5 years.

• Valued Contributor

@wildflower don't despair over wait times. It just means they are in demand for a reason. I totally get your frustrations however. Go by the surgeon who you ultimately believe will be best for your situation. I waited over two years with Covid, etc for my surgery and I would do it all over again. All the best.

• Like 1