Which Norwood scale ? And doctor recommendations

Norwood 5-6.

You will need to stabilize your hair loss before you can really be considered a candidate for a HT to begin with. Wait a year on Finasteride/Minoxidil before you consider a hair transplant.

Best Norwood 6 surgeons are Dr Pitella, Dr Sethi and Dr Zarev.

• Like 1

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

2 minutes ago, mister_25 said:

Norwood 5-6.

You will need to stabilize your hair loss before you can really be considered a candidate for a HT to begin with. Wait a year on Finasteride/Minoxidil before you consider a hair transplant.

Best Norwood 6 surgeons are Dr Pitella, Dr Sethi and Dr Zarev.

Can I book my transplant for one year out or is that not an option ?

Hi  @Hairtransplants4life

This is Hala, working for @DrTBarghouthi

I tagged Dr Taleb so he could give you an advice regarding your case.

Kind regards,

Hala

Patient Adviser to Dr. Taleb Barghouthi - approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with us here  or via WhatsApp at +962778837839 (Jordan) or +962798378396 (Jordan). 

Social media Instagram & Facebook : vertexhair

• Valued Contributor
3 hours ago, Hairtransplants4life said:

Just starting finasteride and minoxidil 1 month ago . 

Give finasteride a full year along with minoxidil to see how you respond. Take a photo of your hair (in the exact same lighting conditions) on the same day every month. Do not even think about surgery at the moment. Reassess your hair at 12 months.

3 hours ago, Hairtransplants4life said:

Fill in the patches on top 

well... the density might not be insane and the cost will be in the tens of thousands... so yeah, might be hard to do as a 23 year old

at 23, there's a lot more time for you to lose hair and you may not get the hair you had at 16 back

Edited by deeznuts

That’s brutal, at 23. We have the same type of hairloss with the hairline intact but mine happened after 30 not so young.

Look at this forum’s recommended list and choose a surgeon that’s closer to you and cheaper. 

Age is irrelevant in your case, what are you going to progress to? NW100? No, you’re NW6 and you will progress to a mild NW7 so get a HT asap to enjoy your 20s.

The advice of young patients shouldn’t get HT only applies to NW1/NW2s who barely have any template hairs loss and it’s unknown whether they will progress to full NW7 or stay the same as they age. You unfortunately don’t have that problem.

Your hairline will slowly go away too so stay on finasteride to protect it.

• Valued Contributor

At 23 that's aggressive MPB so I would really want the donor to be solid as possible with finasteride/oral minoxidil, etc, for a good 12 months going forward. The donor will be affected in time by DHT and you want to slow this down as much as you can with the medication that you are on. Ideally if you could go down the shaved head look you win.

Edited by Gatsby
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Hairtransplants4life said:

Can I book my transplant for one year out or is that not an option ?

As long as you only commit to that scheduled transplant if you have stabilised your hair loss. I wouldn’t put a major deposit in because if you continue to miniaturise especially in the Norwood 6/7 zone. You will be making a huge mistake as you will need a long term plan to get the most hair on your head whilst maintaining a homogenous and consistent looking donor. If you transplant and then progress into a full Norwood 6 or 7 you will be chasing multiple transplants for your crown whilst also having the potential of miniaturisation on your transplanted areas and miniturization in some of the donor that you once thought was healthy.

Make sure you choose a top doctor that is skilled in Norwood 5+ in your case. You won’t get a second chance.

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

I wouldn't get a hair transplant unless you go to an elite surgeon who can plan around native hairs. If you go to a cheap typical hairmill they're going to blow your entire donor without accounting for future loss. They tend to use too many grafts and get you a mediocre result at best.

If I were you, I'd would wait until the loss stabilizes at 25 because you have very aggressive hair loss and I have a feeling the majority of your native hair will have fallen off by then. Don't think you need to wait until 30, but it's also preemptive to go now. Also, get your donor checked asap for loss; if you have DUPA, a hair transplant isn't worth the time and effort.

• Like 1