Agressive hairline

Philly man,

When it comes to surgical hair restoration, the answer is usually “it depends“.  This particular question is no different.  

On the surface, this patient does look a bit young and one might conclude without getting any additional information that this hairline is a bit too aggressive.  

But while this particular patient’s hairline is clearly on the low side, whether or not it’s appropriate depends on his age, future risks of hair loss , whether or not he is taking medication and his plans to continue taking it and his donor area.  If he is a little older even though he looks young and or his risks of future hair loss are on the lower side, I’d say there’s nothing wrong with his hairline.

Surgical hair restoration is accompanied by many variables which ultimately can affect the answer to almost any surgical related question.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Edited by Rahal Hair Transplant
  • Like 3

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

I'm not a clinic representative, so buckle up for my non-diplomatic response. Yes, that hairline is way too aggressive.  Quite frankly, it looks moronic.  Especially on a white guy.  And the brief video I've seen of this guy describing himself as being born with a "slightly uneven hairline" that he just wanted to make "natural and straight" is cringeworthy.  He acts as if his hairline was some weird irregularity from birth, but in truth he just had mild hairline recession that's pretty common in men especially starting in their mid 20s.  And his new hairline doesn't look natural at all.

Here's the full video.  I have no clue what that clown of a doctor is talking about when he says he'd only perform that kind of procedure on someone without hair loss.  The guy clearly had mild hairline recession.  He looks worse post-op than he did prior.  He could've had a less aggressive procedure and benefited marginally from it, but instead he now will have to keep up a ridiculously low, flat, and unnatural hairline that's as low as most 15 year olds hairlines.  That screenshot is laughable.  I'll go a step further and say this is the tasteless, trashy version of @Fue3361's procedure.  His looked natural and appropriate whereas this guy honestly looks like a clown.

Screen Shot 2022-09-24 at 12.56.35 PM.png

Edited by John1991

36 minutes ago, John1991 said:

I'm not a clinic representative, so buckle up for my non-diplomatic response. Yes, that hairline is way too aggressive.  Quite frankly, it looks moronic.  Especially on a white guy.  And the brief video I've seen of this guy describing himself as being born with a "slightly uneven hairline" that he just wanted to make "natural and straight" is cringeworthy.  He acts as if his hairline was some weird irregularity from birth, but in truth he just had mild hairline recession that's pretty common in men especially starting in their mid 20s.  And his new hairline doesn't look natural at all.

Here's the full video.  I have no clue what that clown of a doctor is talking about when he says he'd only perform that kind of procedure on someone without hair loss.  The guy clearly had mild hairline recession.  He looks worse post-op than he did prior.  He could've had a less aggressive procedure and benefited marginally from it, but instead he now will have to keep up a ridiculously low, flat, and unnatural hairline that's as low as most 15 year olds hairlines.  That screenshot is laughable.  I'll go a step further and say this is the tasteless, trashy version of @Fue3361's procedure.  His looked natural and appropriate whereas this guy honestly looks like a clown.

Screen Shot 2022-09-24 at 12.56.35 PM.png

I know alot of people dislike very low hairlines but when I see grown men with juville hairline I do get kinda jealous lol but I think most would agree that his hairline is a bit too agresssive like what if in the future he loses most of his hair he would regret it

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Phillyman1996 said:

I think the docter did a good job for what he wanted though

I don't disagree.  The transplant itself technically looks good.  Temporal points look very well done.  Density is good.

This doctor also did "what the pantient wanted":  

Check out my journey here:

3 minutes ago, Fue3361 said:

I don't disagree.  The transplant itself technically looks good.  Temporal points look very well done.  Density is good.

This doctor also did "what the pantient wanted":  

Yea that guy i seen the video he looks funny af they did 4200 grafts on him if I recalll

• Haha 1

"Aggressive Hairline" is a matter of perspective imo as mentioned above. I do not think going lower id always bad but it has to be for the right candidate. Usually with little to no hairloss and simply to address it for a higher natural hairline, and they shown little to no loss whilst on medication and usually maybe they're mid to late 20s if not early 30s.

The truth is and everybody knows it, the prime time of mate finding is in your early 20s and 30s. Hair loss to that is absolutely a killer. Some can pull off hairstyles with mild recession but others can't. Take away their celebrity status and a man like Tom Hiddleston as a working Joe probably wouldn't garner as much attention. Henry Cavill maybe could do well but overall its better for men to have hair than not if it's a choice. 

I would personally say that you want to be proactive about hair loss so that when you do go for a hair transplant, you can be "aggressive" and not have to compromise the aesthetic look to deal with the reality of a finite donor. That said, if i ever in my lifetime by my maybe mid to late 40s have enough money and clone grafts became a thing, i'd probably go for a 2nd hair transplant to add more density to the frontal hairline and temple points but also restock the donor area from my first HT

Damn, it still feels so weird to me that even though i know i have had one, that typing that out feels somewhat surreal to me. Like wow, i actually pulled the trigger. Maybe it's cause i'm months past now and able to put the upright sleeping behind me :D

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

"Aggressive Hairline" is a matter of perspective imo as mentioned above. I do not think going lower id always bad but it has to be for the right candidate. Usually with little to no hairloss and simply to address it for a higher natural hairline, and they shown little to no loss whilst on medication and usually maybe they're mid to late 20s if not early 30s.

The truth is and everybody knows it, the prime time of mate finding is in your early 20s and 30s. Hair loss to that is absolutely a killer. Some can pull off hairstyles with mild recession but others can't. Take away their celebrity status and a man like Tom Hiddleston as a working Joe probably wouldn't garner as much attention. Henry Cavill maybe could do well but overall its better for men to have hair than not if it's a choice. 

I would personally say that you want to be proactive about hair loss so that when you do go for a hair transplant, you can be "aggressive" and not have to compromise the aesthetic look to deal with the reality of a finite donor. That said, if i ever in my lifetime by my maybe mid to late 40s have enough money and clone grafts became a thing, i'd probably go for a 2nd hair transplant to add more density to the frontal hairline and temple points but also restock the donor area from my first HT

Damn, it still feels so weird to me that even though i know i have had one, that typing that out feels somewhat surreal to me. Like wow, i actually pulled the trigger. Maybe it's cause i'm months past now and able to put the upright sleeping behind me :D

Henry Cavill "maybe could do well"??  Cavill is a total stud and has a great head of hair.  If you're saying he could do well bald, then yes I agree. lol. If a guy can't get chicks with minor hairline recession, getting a hair transplant isn't going to suddenly make him do well.  And all that's besides the point.  This particular example was way too aggressive and looks horrible.  There is no reasonable metric by which you could say this case wasn't very aggressive.  Whether you think it looks good is a matter of subject opinion, but I think it's way overdone and he looks worse after than he did before (which is the opposite of the goal).  @Fue3361yes, you both lowered, but other than that you two weren't at all similar given that yours looks excellent and his looks horrible. lol

Edited by John1991

getting a hair transplant for MPB vs a natural high hairline is comparing apples to oranges. 

of course a natural high hairline transplant is - generally speaking - going to be a much better pound for pound result because the doctor can be way more aggressive and won't be handcuffed by density or donor issues. You still obviously need a talented surgeon for a good result, but much easier to pull off. 

A natural high hairline transplant with no MPB is basically the closest a surgeon can get to working with an "unlimited" donor area.

Edited by HappyMan2021
  • Like 2

Except that the example in this thread clearly had hairline recession aka MPB.  He can say he was born with a "slightly uneven hairline" all he wants, but I'd be willing to bet his hairline receded some from where it was when he was 18.  Even minor recession is MPB.  It may not progress much or it may take a long time to progress, but to pretend it's not MPB seems awfully wishful.  It's almost as if any acknowledgement that one has any amount of hair loss should be met with shame.  Silly.

1 hour ago, HappyMan2021 said:

getting a hair transplant for MPB vs a natural high hairline is comparing apples to oranges. 

of course a natural high hairline transplant is - generally speaking - going to be a much better pound for pound result because the doctor can be way more aggressive and won't be handcuffed by density or donor issues. You still obviously need a talented surgeon for a good result, but much easier to pull off. 

A natural high hairline transplant with no MPB is basically the closest a surgeon can get to working with an "unlimited" donor area.

Edited by John1991

16 minutes ago, John1991 said:

Except that the example in this thread clearly had hairline recession aka MPB.  He can say he was born with a "slightly uneven hairline" all he wants, but I'd be willing to bet his hairline receded some from where it was when he was 18.  Even minor recession is MPB.  It may not progress much or it may take a long time to progress, but to pretend it's not MPB seems awfully wishful.  It's almost as if any acknowledgement that one has any amount of hair loss should be met with shame.  Silly.

Some men are born with naturally high hairlines but I never see children with hiarlines this high lol. So it indeed is mpb he has.

Edited by Phillyman1996
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Phillyman1996 said:

Some men are born with naturally high hairlines but I never see children with hiarlines this high lol. So it indeed is mpb he has.

His pre-op hairline was fine.  Nothing bad or unusual about it.  A good transplant could've given him marginal improvement, but instead he made himself look silly.  That said, yes, I guarantee you at 18 his hairline was lower.  Again, no shame in that and it's not even bad looking, but to pretend it isn't minor MPB is goofy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, John1991 said:

Henry Cavill "maybe could do well"??  Cavill is a total stud and has a great head of hair.  If you're saying he could do well bald, then yes I agree. lol. If a guy can't get chicks with minor hairline recession, getting a hair transplant isn't going to suddenly make him do well.  And all that's besides the point.  This particular example was way too aggressive and looks horrible.  There is no reasonable metric by which you could say this case wasn't very aggressive.  Whether you think it looks good is a matter of subject opinion, but I think it's way overdone and he looks worse after than he did before (which is the opposite of the goal).  @Fue3361yes, you both lowered, but other than that you two weren't at all similar given that yours looks excellent and his looks horrible. lol

Lol, yes Henry Cavill is objectively a handsome man for sure, but i just meant in terms of celebrity status, if you take that aspect completely away, he would do well with ladies for sure with how he looks but Cavill has been dealing with hair loss for a while now. He's definitely making well with his hairstyle choices but the temporal areas have noticeably receded since Man of Steel and on full show by Batman v Superman and other movies. Don't get me wrong, he still looks great because of solid bone structure etc. but imagine if he had an even more impeccable head of hair. 

Generally though, i do think even bald, if you have the hair stubble of a solid Norwood 2 or lower it still looks better when growing out. It's just imo an objective fact and for every 1 "The Rock" etc. who pulls off the bald look, significantly more guys can't. 

1 hour ago, John1991 said:

His pre-op hairline was fine.  Nothing bad or unusual about it.  A good transplant could've given him marginal improvement, but instead he made himself look silly.  That said, yes, I guarantee you at 18 his hairline was lower.  Again, no shame in that and it's not even bad looking, but to pretend it isn't minor MPB is goofy.

Honestly, it's shocking how some people are affected by nature. Genuinely seen some people looking Norwood 3 but literally a teenager. Here's Wayne Rooney a famous UK footballer at age 10!!

So yeah, nature can be cruel as hell. So i mean, i'm not going to 100% say he' s lying, he could have had mild recession or a naturally higher hairline without any loss. 

Also, hair greed is real. I'm 4 months post-op and already thinking "Ooh, could i even lower it down a bit more?". Yes, eek. I know lol. 

_96862616_waynerooneyaged_rex.jpg