Chicago peeps - advice on where to stay?

Hey all, 

Visiting Dr K in November, and still trying to figure out where to stay.

Distance to the clinic probably isn't that much of an issue, as I'll just be there a couple of times at most.

I'm more concerned with being close to somewhere for food and stuff. I'm only there for about 5 days, and I don't really plan on sight-seeing. Just recovering and prepping for my long flight home (to Australia).

Anywhere you can recommend that will provide me easy access to essentials? Preferably walking distance?

Cheers :)

Comfort Suites did the job for me.  You can walk to Pete's Fresh market in 5 minutes which has a lot to offer with a large hot food buffet.

The doc will likely see you every day that you're staying for an inspection / clean of grafts.

Ubers were very easy to hail even at 6am.

Edited by 1978matt

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

I stayed at comfort suites as well. Agree with Matt, it got the job done and was close to plenty of stuff nearby including Pete’s, Walgreens pharmacy, and a decent barbecue spot.

Breakfast is served daily and has essentials like hard boiled eggs, yogurt, oatmeal, etc. Its less than 5 mins away from the clinic so that was nice since you may not be sleeping too well and will be tired. It rained a few days while I was there so be prepared for that.

my only complaint was my first room reeked of cigarette smoke. My gf and I quickly went to the front desk and asked to change rooms and they did accommodated without much issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Chetman's Airbnb looks awesome. I prefer an Airbnb to a hotel to have the amenities of home, but I spent a couple days DT with my GF then moved to the Hilton Resort nearby. That way my gf could hang by the pool while I recovered in the room and went to the surgery.

• Thanks 1