What age would you say your hair loss was the worst?

1 hour ago, JoDimaggio22 said:

Any hair loss prior to that or very minimally at least noticed? Thank you for the response DrAhmad!

Already had a matured hairline but i could live with that. Got early on oral minoxidil which helped me maintain my hairs. Let’s hope it stays like this. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DrMunibAhmad said:

Already had a matured hairline but i could live with that. Got early on oral minoxidil which helped me maintain my hairs. Let’s hope it stays like this. 

I'm curious if you take finasteride as well.

13 minutes ago, DrMunibAhmad said:

just oral minox?

im starting it in a few days. So wuite curious about this

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JoDimaggio22 said:

Sam more so worried about hair growth on face other than that don’t mind hair growth in body

Im already using minox. Its working quite well for me.

Face if some hair will be fine that is overblown. Little bit of hair easily removed.

If excessive I would consider Laser if no bad effects from OM.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, hairman22 said:

just oral minox?

im starting it in a few days. So wuite curious about this

32 minutes ago, Fox243 said:

I'm curious if you take finasteride as well.

Took topical and oral finasteride for a long time combined with oral and topical minoxidil. Changed very often between these 4. Now since a few months only oral minoxidil to see how it effects my hair. Haven’t noticed any shedding. 

i have noticed that my arm hairs are getting longer which isn’t that of a problem (yet lol). 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, hairman22 said:

Im already using minox. Its working quite well for me.

Face if some hair will be fine that is overblown. Little bit of hair easily removed.

If excessive I would consider Laser if no bad effects from OM.

Any changes to skin quality or texture? I still get adult acne so would hate if it flared that

Just now, Calihome1 said:

100% Fin.

Fin isn’t alway hyper response for everyone I assume though most probably do lose on it but maybe it just slows down and saves you more time. I don’t know if I’ve lost a ton since starting 3 years ago but I do think I’ve thinned a little more along the hairline

16-20. It all disappeared right then. People always talk about finding hairs coming out in the shower, on their pillow over time. I don’t recall noticing that. It literally just stopped growing and I used to get buzz cuts so I guess each time I got a buzz another few hundred grafts decided to just quit the game. 😭

Edited by general-etwan
  • Sad 3

I'm going to say mine wasn't classed as very aggressive per se but definitely a more unique sort of hair loss. My temple points had almost entirely eroded by my late teens and were going further back than the sideburns that even people who have lost their temple points seem to keep. The hair became weak and thinner but somehow always seemed to hold on for 10% years giving some coverage. 

I guess that's another reason why the HT journey has been harder for me so far because the temple points are there but they aren't like the rest of the hair just yet. I'm hoping this continues to improve over the next 8 months and then they truly look like what i hoped. 

The other somewhat unique thing about the hair loss was despite the aggressive temple point loss, my hairline was generally still solid at the front for quite a while. I think in my mid 20s to early 30s is when it receded more and i wish i had started on medication a lot earlier to prevent that. Probably would have saved me 1k grafts in terms of where they were used. 

• Like 2