Dr Patrick Mwamba Brussels 3000 grafts FUE 06/30/22

SteveUrkel02

On 12/7/2022 at 9:19 PM, WhereIsMyMind said:

Would you say you are happy with your transplant overall so far as a heads up before next update? Im very curious, thanks

At 4-5 months my left side was already looking solid but my right side was lacking behind. It really seems like my right has improved a lot. I am sure when grown out + a bit more growth I will be very satisfied with the result. Of course the density difference is very visible with a buzz cut but that is not a look I strive for. The hairline will be/is see through but 1.I don’t care about super high density 2. It does look natural 3. It is my first transplant and I have fine or very fine hair. Overall I have got a good feeling

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SteveUrkel02 said:

At 4-5 months my left side was already looking solid but my right side was lacking behind. It really seems like my right has improved a lot. I am sure when grown out + a bit more growth I will be very satisfied with the result. Of course the density difference is very visible with a buzz cut but that is not a look I strive for. The hairline will be/is see through but 1.I don’t care about super high density 2. It does look natural 3. It is my first transplant and I have fine or very fine hair. Overall I have got a good feeling

That’s good, you need a new barber though so you don’t get pushed back I’m about one month post op from Dr M still have stubble but most hairs are falling out rn 

17 hours ago, Dillpickle123 said:

That’s good, you need a new barber though so you don’t get pushed back I’m about one month post op from Dr M still have stubble but most hairs are falling out rn 

Yeah never going to that barber again. Wishing you the best with your growth !

• Like 1

Actually I’m going to post a picture after 1 week growth. In 1-2 weeks I will hit the 6 month mark. I just wanted to get assurance if this looks like decent growth overall. When I was at 5 months it was 4-5 times as long and it looked decent when I kind of spiked it up (I will attach a picture of that too). In this state( buzz cut)  I can definitely say that it looks very very sparse in basically every lighting ( especially when you look at me from the front ). I know that this was a transplant on a fully bald area and I also have very thin hair. I just wanted to ask if anything looks off ? Will it look better when grown out longer? Is it normal for a transplant to look sparse with a buzzcut? 
D2F367A2-A91C-4149-946B-3ADE11FF20FF.thumb.png.73509510fb122a3650314371d23bce89.png473F7CD6-FA2C-4BA9-A23C-22FD2B2BD8F8.thumb.jpeg.019ca69242a6db17c94f921122c3b607.jpeg

On 12/16/2022 at 1:30 PM, SteveUrkel02 said:

Actually I’m going to post a picture after 1 week growth. In 1-2 weeks I will hit the 6 month mark. I just wanted to get assurance if this looks like decent growth overall. When I was at 5 months it was 4-5 times as long and it looked decent when I kind of spiked it up (I will attach a picture of that too). In this state( buzz cut)  I can definitely say that it looks very very sparse in basically every lighting ( especially when you look at me from the front ). I know that this was a transplant on a fully bald area and I also have very thin hair. I just wanted to ask if anything looks off ? Will it look better when grown out longer? Is it normal for a transplant to look sparse with a buzzcut? 
D2F367A2-A91C-4149-946B-3ADE11FF20FF.thumb.png.73509510fb122a3650314371d23bce89.png473F7CD6-FA2C-4BA9-A23C-22FD2B2BD8F8.thumb.jpeg.019ca69242a6db17c94f921122c3b607.jpeg

Hey Steve,

It's normal for a hair transplant to take some time to fully grow in. How long it takes for the hair to fully grow in and how dense it will ultimately look can vary depending on several factors, including the amount of hair transplanted, the individual's hair growth cycle, and the overall health of the scalp.

It's important to keep in mind that hair transplant results can take several months to fully mature, so it's best to be patient and give the transplanted hair time to grow. Some get the final result at 6 months but it´s not that usual.

It's also worth keeping in mind that a buzz cut can sometimes make hair look thinner than it really is, so the appearance of your hair may change as it gets longer.

If you have any concerns about your hair transplant or the growth of your transplanted hair, it's always a good idea to speak with Dr Mwamba ... when is your next appointment with him?

Thanks a lot for sharing with us!

4 hours ago, BaldingEye said:

Hey Steve,

It's normal for a hair transplant to take some time to fully grow in. How long it takes for the hair to fully grow in and how dense it will ultimately look can vary depending on several factors, including the amount of hair transplanted, the individual's hair growth cycle, and the overall health of the scalp.

It's important to keep in mind that hair transplant results can take several months to fully mature, so it's best to be patient and give the transplanted hair time to grow. Some get the final result at 6 months but it´s not that usual.

It's also worth keeping in mind that a buzz cut can sometimes make hair look thinner than it really is, so the appearance of your hair may change as it gets longer.

If you have any concerns about your hair transplant or the growth of your transplanted hair, it's always a good idea to speak with Dr Mwamba ... when is your next appointment with him?

Thanks a lot for sharing with us!

Thanks for your answer, I think I have reached final density now as I don’t see any new hairs popping. I haven’t scheduled any appointment yet. I will wait until it has some decent length since I think the illusion of density can only be achieved if the hair is longer… Then I will judge the result 

Edited by SteveUrkel02

• Administrators

Yes, it’s normal to see a disparity in density. Hair transplants do not match density hair for hair, they give an illusion of density. But you still need to grow it out to allow the hairs to layer over one another.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Even when you go to an elite doctor, it is unlikely to get a one and done procedure. One and done procedures are rare.

An elite doctor can definitely implant insane coverage, ex. 80cm/2, but the higher the density, that hurts graft survival rate bc that means more grafts are competing for blood flow. No matter the skill of a doctor, they will be humbled by your own body's physiology and its ability to cope with density vs graft survival. 

I myself got a transplant from Mwamba in June, and some areas are lacking in density. It is unfortunate, but I am at peace with it because I am seeing him again in January for follow-up, and I understand that that is the nature of hair transplants.

Like many things in life, throwing money at the problem (in this case getting a 2nd pass surgery to increase density) is in fact the solution 😅

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Honestly if my right side was as dense as my left side I could rock a pretty short hair cut. Unfortunately my right side has bad density in the area near the frontal point. As long as I can make my hair look good when it is long I am happy. I also need to save grafts for the future. So a 2nd procedure speaks against that. I might do a small non shave touch up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HappyMan2021 said:

Even when you go to an elite doctor, it is unlikely to get a one and done procedure. One and done procedures are rare.

An elite doctor can definitely implant insane coverage, ex. 80cm/2, but the higher the density, that hurts graft survival rate bc that means more grafts are competing for blood flow. No matter the skill of a doctor, they will be humbled by your own body's physiology and its ability to cope with density vs graft survival. 

I myself got a transplant from Mwamba in June, and some areas are lacking in density. It is unfortunate, but I am at peace with it because I am seeing him again in January for follow-up, and I understand that that is the nature of hair transplants.

Like many things in life, throwing money at the problem (in this case getting a 2nd pass surgery to increase density) is in fact the solution 😅

How many grafts do you think are needed?

1 hour ago, HappyMan2021 said:

Like 50-100? For this area?

Most of the time if not 100% you need a second pass for density that’s how it is, every time I get hair implanted in a new area I know I’m gonna have to go back for touch up… that being said density isn’t mwamba forte, maybe as mentioned above he prefers to implant less and have a better graft survival.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, JP28 said:

Most of the time if not 100% you need a second pass for density that’s how it is, every time I get hair implanted in a new area I know I’m gonna have to go back for touch up… that being said density isn’t mwamba forte, maybe as mentioned above he prefers to implant less and have a better graft survival.

I consider my left side a total success. I don’t think I need more density in this area if I grow it out. My right side probably needs 100-200 grafts( including the weak area) to look like my left side . I am not disappointed , rather looking forward to have it all done.

6 hours ago, SteveUrkel02 said:

I consider my left side a total success. I don’t think I need more density in this area if I grow it out. My right side probably needs 100-200 grafts( including the weak area) to look like my left side . I am not disappointed , rather looking forward to have it all done.

Yea I’m expecting the same I never expected a one and done of course it’s extremely early for me but I’ve been here long enough to know that usually a second pass is needed to be happy happy rare that one pass does it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dillpickle123 said:

Yea I’m expecting the same I never expected a one and done of course it’s extremely early for me but I’ve been here long enough to know that usually a second pass is needed to be happy happy rare that one pass does it

Totally agree with you and that is no matter who the surgeon is! 

@HappyMan2021 or anyone, 
did Dr Mwamba offer you a free touch up as a resolution to the outcome? or you are returning back on your own initiative and paying full price to fill the empty areas? 

I am now month 4 post-op after a 2000 graft FUE fix with Dr. Mwamba, I am a slow grower as this is my 2nd FUE, but honestly I am starting to be abit concerned as I am spotting multiple empty areas across the recipient. Will have to wait for 6 months to reach out for a review and check-up, as suggested by his team.

2 hours ago, Mike1J said:

@HappyMan2021 or anyone, 
did Dr Mwamba offer you a free touch up as a resolution to the outcome? or you are returning back on your own initiative and paying full price to fill the empty areas? 

I am now month 4 post-op after a 2000 graft FUE fix with Dr. Mwamba, I am a slow grower as this is my 2nd FUE, but honestly I am starting to be abit concerned as I am spotting multiple empty areas across the recipient. Will have to wait for 6 months to reach out for a review and check-up, as suggested by his team.

Well I am a repair patient. I had my 1st repair with Mwamba and I was really really REALLY hoping it could have been a one-and-done repair. It is unfortunate it was not, but I realize the reality of repairs is the majority of people need 2 procedures. 

The 1st surgery was a very big improvement, so I feel like I got a fair shake and I'm not really owed a free touch up or discount. The thought has absolutely crossed my mind, as Id prefer to not pay through the nose for this 2nd surgery, but the massive amount of stress involved in getting tangled up in a dispute just isnt worth it, and I think it would ultimately be pointless too. 

On HRN and elsewhere, I have really only seen people get discounts or free touch ups if they were botched or otherwise really badly affected in a way that is clearly the result of the clinic. 

But in those cases, it then begs the question why would you go back to the clinic that botched you in the 1st place?

That being said, if the only way you would ever see Mwamba again is for a free or discounted price, then I say shoot your shot and ask. You have nothing to lose I suppose. Keep me updated 👍

Edited by HappyMan2021

19 hours ago, HappyMan2021 said:

Well I am a repair patient. I had my 1st repair with Mwamba and I was really really REALLY hoping it could have been a one-and-done repair. It is unfortunate it was not, but I realize the reality of repairs is the majority of people need 2 procedures. 

The 1st surgery was a very big improvement, so I feel like I got a fair shake and I'm not really owed a free touch up or discount. The thought has absolutely crossed my mind, as Id prefer to not pay through the nose for this 2nd surgery, but the massive amount of stress involved in getting tangled up in a dispute just isnt worth it, and I think it would ultimately be pointless too. 

On HRN and elsewhere, I have really only seen people get discounts or free touch ups if they were botched or otherwise really badly affected in a way that is clearly the result of the clinic. 

But in those cases, it then begs the question why would you go back to the clinic that botched you in the 1st place?

That being said, if the only way you would ever see Mwamba again is for a free or discounted price, then I say shoot your shot and ask. You have nothing to lose I suppose. Keep me updated 👍

Thanks alot for sharing your input on this matter.

I am refraining from making a post and including images until I am certain 100% that something isn't right, which right now is still not validated since it's still early.
However, yes, I will contact the clinic later down the road and see how I proceed from there. Thanks again and good luck to you as well. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2022 at 12:30 PM, SteveUrkel02 said:

Thanks for these updates mate and hope you are starting to feel better about it all! 

Have you tried leaving it to grow out? I agree that the difference between native and transplanted hair might be less noticeable if you let it grow out a bit. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2023 at 1:59 PM, Speoj said:

Thanks for these updates mate and hope you are starting to feel better about it all! 

Have you tried leaving it to grow out? I agree that the difference between native and transplanted hair might be less noticeable if you let it grow out a bit. 

Hey, I have been growing it out for about 1,5 months now. I am at month 7. I must say I AM SO SO HAPPY. I can finally go out without a hat again. Very relieving and life changing. I think it will look even better when I grow it out much longer on top. Of course I have some weak spots but at this length I can easily camouflage them. I will probably save further grafts for the future since I am very happy with the frame and the natural look. I had some doubts which is normal but now I am finally free again. I will update further when my hair is longer on top.

thank you Dr.Mwamba

33961631-9B31-4FA8-A3E4-2F7339FF1450.jpeg

189B350C-6710-42F5-B8D6-88704E7AC346.jpeg

127050EF-76B2-41C9-A3D9-A10C4054644D.jpeg

Edited by SteveUrkel02
  • Like 3