Hair Transplant Even Years Later?

Even though the industry has been around for awhile what does the hair transplant look like for men 20-30 years after the procedure? Figuring a 30 year old man comes in and gets his first HT procedure…will that transplanted hair look similar density wise to the one years back? Of course everyone goes through different life stages but assuming that patient stays on finasteride and deals with the day to day stresses of life, maybe has surgeries for broken bones, in a sense just lives life as most do will his transplanted hair look good 30 years after the initial fue procedure? Or will the impact of aging make what was once a nice FUE turn into extreme thinning and balding? Just curious of course this is a tough question and is so variable based off someone’s life but didn’t know if there were any results on this forum 30 years later.

• Administrators

Hair Transplants do thin, so it won’t look as good. Your donor doesn’t look the same from 30 to 60. It still looks better than being bald. But don’t expect things to look the same. 

• Like 4

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Hair Transplants do thin, so it won’t look as good. Your donor doesn’t look the same from 30 to 60. It still looks better than being bald. But don’t expect things to look the same. 

Okay that makes sense. Thank you for responding Melvin. I assumed there was thinning but didn’t know if it would look like just wisps of hair and clear scalp showing or if it would be still enough to get coverage but not that density that looks pretty covered like after Ht

• Administrators
1 hour ago, JoDimaggio22 said:

Okay that makes sense. Thank you for responding Melvin. I assumed there was thinning but didn’t know if it would look like just wisps of hair and clear scalp showing or if it would be still enough to get coverage but not that density that looks pretty covered like after Ht

If it’s taken from the safe zone, it would probably be 15-20% less dense. If the hairs taken outside the safe zone, probably 40-50% less dense.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

@JoDimaggio22,

Transplanted hair acts essentially just like natural hair. Just as natural hair can thin a little with age, so can transplanted hair. Thus, a hair transplant might been a little over a period of 30 years but for the most part, it’s considered permanent.

my first hair transplant was in 2004 and my last one was in 2007. Literally 15 years later and my hair transplant is just as thick as natural as it was when it grew in 12 to 18 months later.  I expect it will look quite similar in another 15 years.

best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

• Like 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

36 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

If it’s taken from the safe zone, it would probably be 15-20% less dense. If the hairs taken outside the safe zone, probably 40-50% less dense.

Crazy what the difference between going to a quality doc and hair mill can do years later!

20 minutes ago, Calihome1 said:

I had my only one at 25 and am now 42.  The only thinning I noticed is what I would assume were my native hairs that fell out.  Yes, on Fin (no minox).

Mine still looks good, but, going for a 2nd pass to fill up density and prob do temples.

So fin helped slow down hair loss but native was all that left your HT spots still are very similar?

13 minutes ago, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

@JoDimaggio22,

Transplanted hair acts essentially just like natural hair. Just as natural hair can thin a little with age, so can transplanted hair. Thus, a hair transplant might been a little over a period of 30 years but for the most part, it’s considered permanent.

my first hair transplant was in 2004 and my last one was in 2007. Literally 15 years later and my hair transplant is just as thick as natural as it was when it grew in 12 to 18 months later.  I expect it will look quite similar in another 15 years.

best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Thank you Rahal Hair Transplant…so even if natural thinning occurred it could never get as wispy or bald as it would if you never had an Ht in that spot? Just wondering if you could still ever go bald in those area that you had work done to be honest.

1 minute ago, JoDimaggio22 said:

Crazy what the difference between going to a quality doc and hair mill can do years later!

So fin helped slow down hair loss but native was all that left your HT spots still are very similar?

Thank you Rahal Hair Transplant…so even if natural thinning occurred it could never get as wispy or bald as it would if you never had an Ht in that spot? Just wondering if you could still ever go bald in those area that you had work done to be honest.

Yes

11 minutes ago, JoDimaggio22 said:

Well great to hear that you have stabilized and only needed one in that time. A touch up makes sense but I doubt you lose much more if any as you age.

Well, I want to go a little aggressive on my 2nd time, so, it's not simply a touch up.  Want to lower hairline slightly and bring in temple corners and points.

I have enough to get away with, but, being single again after years of marriage def want to younger myself a bit :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Calihome1 said:

Well, I want to go a little aggressive on my 2nd time, so, it's not simply a touch up.  Want to lower hairline slightly and bring in temple corners and points.

I have enough to get away with, but, being single again after years of marriage def want to younger myself a bit :)

I get that. Well keep us updated I hope the results is incredible!