Beginning Xyon, first 4 weeks

r2theoozbeck

Hi All, 

Attached are baseline photos (before XYON). I have been on XYON for 4 weeks now.

Application: One pump daily to the crown area, then spread as much as I can towards the front. 

Side Effects Update: I believe I have noticed that my semen is a little more watery. Besides that I haven't experienced any other side effects. 

I will upload new photos at the two month mark. 

TopDry_blurred.png

BackDry.png

TopBackDry.png

• Thanks 1

I have not considered that, thank you.  Though, I wonder how a large dose of application, even every other day, might induce possible side effects. Given the minor side effect I've already experienced, I might do what you suggest but only apply every MWF. What do you think?

I just received the Xyon topical as well.  In the instruction booklet it mentions the two pump every other day method for covering larger areas.  Personally, I'm unsure how to proceed as I would like to cover the whole top of my scalp, however, 2 pumps worth seems like a lot of the drug all in one shot. I had a thought that a person could alternate scalp regions each day - front half one day back half the next day.  This morning was my second application. I tried to cover as much area as possible with one pump. In terms of the actual application, I'm not sure if I'm getting more on my scalp or more on existing hair.  

• Administrators

Nice I will be following your journey closely. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 9/12/2022 at 3:13 PM, hockeyman said:

I just received the Xyon topical as well.  In the instruction booklet it mentions the two pump every other day method for covering larger areas.  Personally, I'm unsure how to proceed as I would like to cover the whole top of my scalp, however, 2 pumps worth seems like a lot of the drug all in one shot. I had a thought that a person could alternate scalp regions each day - front half one day back half the next day.  This morning was my second application. I tried to cover as much area as possible with one pump. In terms of the actual application, I'm not sure if I'm getting more on my scalp or more on existing hair.  

Hi hockeyman,

If you wish, you may reach out to your prescribing dermatologist via the web platform, the link should be in your email inbox.

They will be able to answer all of your questions regarding the dosage and application of the treatment.

Regards,

XYON Team

• 1 month later...

Hi All, I am three months into using XYON. However, I have significantly changed the dosage I am using. I describe below. 

First week of August 2022, I started XYON with daily application (my post in this thread on Sept 12th 2022 reflected pictures from right before I started XYON). 

Third week of September 2022, I stopped XYON due to side effects. I tested my DHT- 18 ng/dL(I don't have baseline unfortunately). Testosterone was completely fine. 

Second week of October 2022, I resumed XYON but only at twice a week application (I felt and continue to feel completely fine with no sides). 

First week of November 2022 I will increase dosage to 3 times a week. 

I have mainly been applying to the crown. 

Below are photos from a haircut on October 29th 2022. I apologize for the difference in hair length and photo quality from the original professional photos.

To me, there isn't a change. But this very likely due to my inconsistency. MWF application here we come! 

IMG_8930.jpg

IMG_8931.jpg

IMG_8934.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, r2theoozbeck said:

Hi All, I am three months into using XYON. However, I have significantly changed the dosage I am using. I describe below. 

First week of August 2022, I started XYON with daily application (my post in this thread on Sept 12th 2022 reflected pictures from right before I started XYON). 

Third week of September 2022, I stopped XYON due to side effects. I tested my DHT- 18 ng/dL(I don't have baseline unfortunately). Testosterone was completely fine. 

Second week of October 2022, I resumed XYON but only at twice a week application (I felt and continue to feel completely fine with no sides). 

First week of November 2022 I will increase dosage to 3 times a week. 

Below are photos from a haircut on October 29th 2022. I apologize for the difference in hair length and photo quality from the original professional photos.

To me, there isn't a change. But this very likely due to my inconsistency. MWF application here we come! 

IMG_8930.jpg

IMG_8931.jpg

IMG_8934.jpg

It seems that your baseline photos were removed -- would love to take a look at those to compare myself.

• Administrators

Can you add your baseline photos again.  Looks like the embedding site has an error. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 1 month later...

Hi all, another update on XYON. I describe my dosage below. 

First week of August 2022, I started XYON with daily application (my post in this thread on Sept 12th 2022 reflected pictures from right before I started XYON). 

Third week of September 2022, I stopped XYON due to side effects. I tested my DHT- 18 ng/dL(I don't have baseline unfortunately). Testosterone was completely fine. 

Second week of October 2022, I resumed XYON but only at twice a week application (I felt and continue to feel completely fine with no sides). 

I continue with twice a week application (before I mentioned considering adding a third day but have not). 

Below are photos from a haircut on December 10th 2022

To me, there isn't a change. I am considering adding minoxidil daily (I understand this would disrupt the nature of the campaign, but might be good to know its combined efficacy)

Thanks,

IMG_9257.jpg

IMG_9258.jpg

IMG_9259.jpg

IMG_9260.jpg

IMG_9261.jpg