Just scheduled my HT with Eugenix for late December. Anybody with experience willing to give advice?

Hey everyone! New guy here but longtime lurker. I’m scheduled to have my procedure with Dr. Bansal (who will be doing the whole thing). I’m a Norwood 3V (according to them) and they are planning for 4,000 grafts - Some from scalp and 500 from beard.
I’ve scoured these forums and have a lot of information but somehow I’m still so nervous. Would anyone be willing to walk me through some things I might need to know about the process? I’m located in the US so helpful tips for an American would also be appreciated. It would be great to connect with some “veterans” on here!

My advice would be to figure out what you need to figure out to travel and what not (potentially advice from here) then put it out of your mind until the time of your procedure. After the procedure, listen to your docs instructions and don't post or spend time on here.  Once the surgery is done, it's done.  Nothing anyone says or thinks will improve or worsen the result (including your doc at that point honestly).  Just go live your life and 6-8 months after you should look considerably better.

Edited by John1991

• Valued Contributor

I know this may sound trite, but once all of the logistics have been taken care of, my best advice is to sit back and enjoy the experience. You will be well looked after and then some. With Eugenix it’s like being treated like a king. All the best! 

Eugenix has dominated discussion on this forum for the past year. 

Plenty of useful info if you use the search bar 🤣

I am curious why you're heading there as a NW 3. Their competitive advantage with foreigners seems to be their high norwood work.

Edited by HappyMan2021

4 hours ago, HappyMan2021 said:

Eugenix has dominated discussion on this forum for the past year. 

Plenty of useful info if you use the search bar 🤣

I am curious why you're heading there as a NW 3. Their competitive advantage with foreigners seems to be their high norwood work.

Thanks! I’ve searched and read a fair amount and that’s why I’ve decided to go with them. I wanted to work with Dr. Bansal after reading up on her work and research. Dr. Sethi is a bit harder to pin down so it helped me with the decision. I think I’m a bit further along than a 3V but my consultation with Dr. Bansal confirmed it for her. They are trustworthy, great reputation and in my budget. 

6 hours ago, John1991 said:

My advice would be to figure out what you need to figure out to travel and what not (potentially advice from here) then put it out of your mind until the time of your procedure. After the procedure, listen to your docs instructions and don't post or spend time on here.  Once the surgery is done, it's done.  Nothing anyone says or thinks will improve or worsen the result (including your doc at that point honestly).  Just go live your life and 6-8 months after you should look considerably better.

Thank you John! I can see why this is excellent advice! I am still curious about everything I need to do leading up and how to get through the procedure and recovery. The procedure, along with travel to such a distant place are a bit overwhelming. I will keep compiling info from other posts as well to glean some good info. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gatsby said:

I know this may sound trite, but once all of the logistics have been taken care of, my best advice is to sit back and enjoy the experience. You will be well looked after and then some. With Eugenix it’s like being treated like a king. All the best! 

Thank you Gatsby! I appreciate your opinion and encouragement as you are such a great contributor on this site! 

• Thanks 1