Loosely fitting hat definition

My surgeon told me to bring a loosely fitting hat on the operation day. (Happy that I can leave with a hat)

However I am unsure what would be the best type of hat to use, don't want to show up with the wrong had and do any damage

Any ideas of the kinds that would work? Are they looking for a hat that does not touch the top of the scalp but just sit on the edge of my head, and if so any ideas on what types of hat would be ideal for this would be great ... 

sorry for splitting hair :)

• Administrators

Snap back cap is a good option or a large paper paper boy hat. The hat should be large enough to go over your ears. 
image.jpeg

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

42 minutes ago, Prof101 said:

Ignore my earlier question. 

Here is a good writeup by a doc (I don't know him) on hats. 

He recommends fishing hats

https://emrahcinik.com/blog/wearing-a-cap-after-a-hair-transplant/

Any hat that fits loosely and doesn't touch the transplanted area (the top and front of the scalp) is best for post-transplant coverup/privacy. I still recommend a trucker hat with a high crown so it doesn't touch the front/top of the head, and fastened very loosely in the back (snapback). 
image.jpeg.8b717253506e67162d1402c57ebb22fb.jpeg