washing hair everyday question

ok so i already asked this before and used the solution someone gave which was washing one day, rinsing the next, then washing the following day but my hair still looks bad on the second day.

anyways, is washing your hair everyday seriously that bad? like my hair is a 8/10 on the first day and a 5/10 on the second day (grease or whatever) so is the healthy ness of not washing every day worth it looking bad for?

i also just like the feeling of a clean scalp yk? 

Demezz2,

Are you talking about washing your hair in general or washing your hair after a hair transplant?

Who is telling you that washing your hair every day is bad?   

I wash my hair every day and have since I was a child.  I’ve never had any problems doing that and if washing your hair every day makes your hair look The best, in my opinion, wash it every day.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

• Like 2

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

There are many factors to consider such as physiology, exposure in a work environment that involves excessive dirt, physical activity that produces excess sweat, etc.

So the focus is on maintaining good hygiene for your scalp and hair, not necessarily in how often to wash it.

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

2 hours ago, gillenator said:

There are many factors to consider such as physiology, exposure in a work environment that involves excessive dirt, physical activity that produces excess sweat, etc.

So the focus is on maintaining good hygiene for your scalp and hair, not necessarily in how often to wash it.

I totally agree with you but at the end of the day, I think it’s strange that anyone would suggest that daily hair washing would cause hair problems, hair loss, etc.  I understand that natural scalp oils can be good for the scalp.  But worst case scenario over washing can lead to dry hair and scalp.  But daily conditioning typically solves this problem.   But this poster seems genuinely distraught in thinking something awful will happen to his hair if he washes it daily.  And that’s simply not the case.

Rahal Hair Transplant 

• Like 3

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

17 minutes ago, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

I totally agree with you but at the end of the day, I think it’s strange that anyone would suggest that daily hair washing would cause hair problems, hair loss, etc.  I understand that natural scalp oils can be good for the scalp.  But worst case scenario over washing can lead to dry hair and scalp.  But daily conditioning typically solves this problem.   But this poster seems genuinely distraught in thinking something awful will happen to his hair if he washes it daily.  And that’s simply not the case.

Rahal Hair Transplant 

And it’s nice that you are clarifying the issue for him and others who are reading this …👍

• Like 2

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

5 hours ago, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

Demezz2,

Are you talking about washing your hair in general or washing your hair after a hair transplant?

Who is telling you that washing your hair every day is bad?   

I wash my hair every day and have since I was a child.  I’ve never had any problems doing that and if washing your hair every day makes your hair look The best, in my opinion, wash it every day.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

i’m not entirely sure why but i always thought washing your hair everyday was bad, i’ve heard many people talk about how washing everyday makes your hair brittle and how important your natural oils are. but thank u sm for this!!!! 

ill wash everyday but thanks again, idk why i was so worried about it

4 hours ago, demezz2 said:

i’m not entirely sure why but i always thought washing your hair everyday was bad, i’ve heard many people talk about how washing everyday makes your hair brittle and how important your natural oils are. but thank u sm for this!!!! 

ill wash everyday but thanks again, idk why i was so worried about it

I tried the whole no shampoo theory and honestly it never got better. I mean maybe some people can do it but for a good 4 months my hair was greasy and had dandruff. Just shampoo whenever you feel and if you are able to go a day without it that is fine as well

• Like 1

IMHO, physiology and work environment will ultimately determine how often hair needs washing.

Gillenator