Transplant Shedding Question

I am currently almost 2 months post-op from my transplant and am full fledged in the ugly duckling stage. I would rather not share photos but will explain the issue the best I can. Despite the shed, all of the transplanted areas have maintained a little bit of hair with the typical stubbly and wirey hairs that we have all seen many times. There are even the common pimples here and there as well. So it's easy to spot which areas will have the hair grow in a couple more months. There is ONE area though, part of my left temple to be specific which was badly receded to begin with, that shed every single hair in it, and is currently slick bald as if it was never even operated on. This is a very crucial area obviously as it would connect to my new hairline. I am curious if you guys think this means anything or if it may be of any concern with regards to regrowth once the 3-4 month mark come. Thank you.

Edited by ML488

Ml488,

Truthfully, you are exactly right, you are in the ugly duckling phase and the truth is, everything you explained sounds completely normal at this point in the hair transplant process. Now everybody experienced something a little bit different. Shedding occurs a different times and behaves a little differently. Some areas may still up here stubbly while others could be completely slick bald.  It’s also possible that you have a will experience shock lost to some of the natural hair around and in between the transplanted hair.

If you would like to post some photos so that we can see what you’re experiencing, that would give us the ability to provide more specific info. That said, two months postop is really a weird time and the truth is, almost everybody experiences some level of concern and doubt. But in the end, as long as you selected a skilled and experience surgeon and you have realistic expectations, You should be happy with the end result. But keep in mind that you’re not gonna wake up one morning and see results… It’s a process so I recommend taking monthly photos to compare each month

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.