Second HT: What to focus on and where should I get it, if at all?

Hey guys.

A bit over a year ago I had an FUE HT at Dr. Bicer's clinic in Istanbul. Progress updates here: https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/60525-3790-grafts-fue-nw6-7-by-dr-ozlem-bicer-02072021/

As the one year mark passed and I believe my hair has stabilized, I'm now looking into getting a second HT. At the time, Dr. Bicer told me that my hair loss was too severe to treat in one operation, so I have no issues with that. I am also quite satisfied with the results, so I'm considering returning to her for another HT.

However, I would first like to get your opinions. Now that I have one HT behind me and my donor area is thinner, I need to be even more careful with it.

I have three main questions:

1. Are there any recommended clinics for getting a second HT? Or should I just stick with Bicer?

2. Since my hair loss was quite severe, Dr. Bicer mainly focused on the front area of my scalp, with a more moderate filling further back, and didn't touch my crown area at all. For the second HT, I assume that she would want to fill my crown, but I wonder if instead she should focus on my front area and improve the hair density, or maybe lower my hairline. What is your opinion based on my photos? (see before HT + 14 months photos, combed front and sideways)

3. Maybe most importantly, do you think I should postpone the surgery, or even give up on it entirely and just settle for what I have now? I'm almost 30, so I wonder if I'm too young for a second HT.

I'd greatly appreciate your opinions!

Edit: I'm taking finasteride every day and biotin every other day.

1626020428660.jpg

Front combed topfront censored.JPG

Side combed topfront censored.JPG

Edited by tokerutaichou

It really depends on what your donor area is capable of, but the best would be to have grafts added all over. 

Definitely don't think you should be looking to lower your hairline though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor

If you are on Finasteride (?) that will help some in making this decision. What are your goals in hair restoration? Did Dr Bicer tell you what her/your two stage plan was? In many ways it's best to stay with the same doctor IF you are happy with the relationship and that you have achieved the plan that was made to begin with. If the crown is important then that would be the next stage. Or if the crown is not so important then you could increase the density or focus on the frontal area more. There really is no right or wrong way of going forward. In fact if you are happy with your results (which look incredibly natural I might add) you could do nothing and you have won. All the best.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

I don't know how bad the crown is as there are no pictures from the back and I can't tell how high the hairline is, however I would probably be leaning towards adding grafts throughout the entire area. If you were happy with Bicer then there shouldn't be an issue with going with her again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Tokerut,

Ar the end of the day, you will have to determine which surgeon to go to for your second procedure. If you are very happy with your first hair transplant and like your doctor, then going back to her for your second procedure maybe what’s right for you. On the other hand, if you have any questions or feel that results on patients with similar hair loss patterns and qualities from other surgeons you’ve seen look better, then there is absolutely no harm or problem with considering another surgeon for your second procedure.

at the end of the day, you shouldn’t  worry about feeling bad or hurting anyone’s feelings.  Instead, you need to do what’s best for you as hair transplant surgery is a long-term investment and it’s crucial to put your time and money where you feel you will get the best results possible.  

Below is what I also tell anybody considering surgery and how to ultimately select the best surgeon for them.

1.  Start by looking at the surgeons recommended on this community, in particular the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.  Surgeons recommended on this community have met a demanding set of standards and are proven based on meeting those high standards rather than just the simple ability to pay a membership fee.  Furthermore, physician members of the coalition have met an even higher and more demanding set of standards and have proven to be amongst the best of the best in the profession.

2. Now even amongst the list of outstanding surgeons, not all surgeons are created equally. Therefore, while it’s tempting to select a surgeon based on price or location, try to avoid this as many individuals travel great distances to undergo surgery with an elite surgeon they are most impressed with.  Thus choose a surgeon based on their proven ability to produce outstanding results rather than cost or location

3. Narrow your selection down to 3 to 5 surgeons you are most impressed with.  You can do this by using this discussion forum to view examples of patient results posted by both the clinic and the patients.  Speak with and meet with real patients in person if possible. If not, video chat works pretty well.

4. come up with a list of consult questions to ask each surgeon/clinic you are considering. I created several different posts on this forum with good questions to ask doctors.  If you need help, let me know.

5. Consult with each doctor you are considering and ultimately, choose the surgeon you feel can best meet your goals.

I hope this helps  

Rahal Hair Transplant

• Thanks 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

20 hours ago, tokerutaichou said:

Hey guys.

A bit over a year ago I had an FUE HT at Dr. Bicer's clinic in Istanbul. Progress updates here: https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/60525-3790-grafts-fue-nw6-7-by-dr-ozlem-bicer-02072021/

As the one year mark passed and I believe my hair has stabilized, I'm now looking into getting a second HT. At the time, Dr. Bicer told me that my hair loss was too severe to treat in one operation, so I have no issues with that. I am also quite satisfied with the results, so I'm considering returning to her for another HT.

However, I would first like to get your opinions. Now that I have one HT behind me and my donor area is thinner, I need to be even more careful with it.

I have three main questions:

1. Are there any recommended clinics for getting a second HT? Or should I just stick with Bicer?

2. Since my hair loss was quite severe, Dr. Bicer mainly focused on the front area of my scalp, with a more moderate filling further back, and didn't touch my crown area at all. For the second HT, I assume that she would want to fill my crown, but I wonder if instead she should focus on my front area and improve the hair density, or maybe lower my hairline. What is your opinion based on my photos? (see before HT + 14 months photos, combed front and sideways)

3. Maybe most importantly, do you think I should postpone the surgery, or even give up on it entirely and just settle for what I have now? I'm almost 30, so I wonder if I'm too young for a second HT.

I'd greatly appreciate your opinions!

Edit: I'm taking finasteride every day and biotin every other day.

1626020428660.jpg

Front combed topfront censored.JPG

Side combed topfront censored.JPG

If you're satisfied with the results then don't switch from Bicer. They're good in their work. if you want you can contact other clinics like Bisanga, Eugenix etc. 

Another thing is that if people tells you, you're not looking good or the density is not that good, tell them HT is not a miracle, it is just an illusions and depends upon several factors like quality of hairs, donor, medications etc. to get a very good results. People set their expectations way too higher after seeing some crazy results and then if they don't get the same results they started to blame the clinic. 
I'm just saying that consult with some coalition members of this forum, I've been to Eugenix and can strongly recommend you that plus I've been researching from the past 11 years, so Bisanga also will be a good option for you but make your mind first whether you are happy with the first HT or not. If you're satisfied then continue with Bicer.

Cheers

• Thanks 1