Safe to use volumising styling powder (not fibres!) 4wks after HT?

Hi all,

Around four weeks ago I had an unshaven HT, and I'm finally feeling ready to head into the office again after working from home.

I know the general consensus is that hair fibres are safe to use by now, but what about styling powders, such as https://www.amazon.co.uk/Schwarzkopf-got2b-Powderful-Style-Powder/dp/B004S9WHUU ? The powder granules are of a similar size to hair fibres so I'd assume it's ok, and I'm going to be using it mostly on my native hair areas (although I can't guarantee some won't fall onto my remaining non-shedded transplanted hairs), but can anyone foresee an issue? If it helps, the ingredients are: Aqua, Silica Silylate, Sodium Benzoate, Citric Acid, Octylacrylamide/Acrylates/Butylaminoethyl Methacrylate Copolymer

(NB: I'd prefer to use a clay etc, however I broke my wrist 6 weeks ago and my arm is still in a cast so it's difficult to rub my hands together and apply the clay, whereas with this powder you can simply sprinkle it straight into into your hair. It's also BY FAR the best thickening product I've ever used, in case anyone needs a tip for volumisation!)

Thank you so much for your help with this (pretty dumb!) question! :) 

• Administrators

To be honest, the styling powders do very little. You could use dry shampoo, which is sort of like hair fibers. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

4 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

To be honest, the styling powders do very little. You could use dry shampoo, which is sort of like hair fibers. 

Thanks Melvin! I’m actually a huge fan of the styling powder haha, maybe it’s just my type of hair but it works perfectly for me. Do you think it’d be safe to use on a transplanted zone?

7 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

Personally i think styling powders are fine to use, but given you're 4 weeks post op, hair fibres and then hair spray might give you better visual coverage. 

Great, thanks! I hadn’t thought of hairspray, I may give that a try too, thanks again :)