Beard Grafts and Color Differences

This is probably a dumb question(most of mine are) but I have quite a bit of hair on my neck beard for head grafts potentially. The problem is the hair on my scalp Is dark brown while my facial hair starts dark brown but as it continues to grow it gets a hint of red. I’m assuming due to this those grafts would be pointless to keep for my head since it would look awkward. I do have some patches in my facial hair so maybe I should just keep those grafts on my neck for my facial hair since they may look weird up above. Thanks.

• Like 1

It is a good question and here is a video I did that is relatively short at 7 minutes and you can go forwards a little but colour, coarseness etc are factors to look at for compatibility as you rightly see also. If you fast Fwd to 3.55 you see a list of things to consider for body hair to other areas. 

• Like 2

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, sl said:

It is a good question and here is a video I did that is relatively short at 7 minutes and you can go forwards a little but colour, coarseness etc are factors to look at for compatibility as you rightly see also. If you fast Fwd to 3.55 you see a list of things to consider for body hair to other areas. 

This ^ My experience exactly.

• Like 2

• Moderators

If it's only a color difference you can always start coloring your hair. I didn't mind using my gray beard and chest hair because my scalp already had some gray in it and I was coloring it every few months anyway. Now with the beard and chest hair there is a lot more gray and I have to color it once a month instead of once every few months. That minor inconvenience of coloring it more often is worth it to actually have hair growing.

• Like 3

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

3 hours ago, sl said:

Thank you for this sl

1 hour ago, BeHappy said:

If it's only a color difference you can always start coloring your hair. I didn't mind using my gray beard and chest hair because my scalp already had some gray in it and I was coloring it every few months anyway. Now with the beard and chest hair there is a lot more gray and I have to color it once a month instead of once every few months. That minor inconvenience of coloring it more often is worth it to actually have hair growing.

See that is what I was kinda thinking it may be redder now but eventually will go gray so may be smart to keep it for when my head goes gray as well but I guess coloring isn’t a bad idea either.

• Like 1