Recommendations for a U-FUE

Bjerg

Hi,

Medication: Fin ~ 8 years. It has stopped the hair loss for now at least.

I’m looking into getting my second HT solely on the crown/midt area. 

The first HT was at dr Cinik two years ago (front/midt mostly and some to the crown, in total 3100 grafts ish), but after reading a lot of bad reviews regarding that clinic on this site, I’m thinking of going to a different place this time - even though I’m happy about the first procedure - I don’t want to risk anything.

The thing that’s holding me back atm is that I don’t want to have the recipient area (crown) shaved.. nobody know about my first procedure and want to keep it that way with the second.
I'm able to hide the thinning crown with fibers, but as you all know, whenever you hit the water those fibers are all gone, which keeps me from having my hair wet on the beach and such... 

To me, the leading clinics seem to fluctuate a lot, why I think it’s difficult to do a proper research. Two years ago I thought that Cinik was the place to go, but look at it now.. 

So, does anybody have a good recommendation for a clinic that do a proper U-FUE in EU/Turkey? And maybe give a give an estimate of how many grafts I need. 
Any further advice is welcome

Thanks 🙂

I have added pictures below for how it looked before the first HT now and how looks now 

Before first HT

IMG_0262.thumb.jpg.05427cb2d6a0d4c54bad0ee675748267.jpg

IMG_0269.thumb.jpg.83d5d62c28d3518b0176b2f18a220f1d.jpg

Now

IMG_0815.thumb.jpg.84f44d279d0a5d6c5f9b464d8846e5d2.jpg

IMG_0807.thumb.jpg.fe845a482c61540f3286ab05529b1f44.jpg

IMG_0810 (1).jpg

656649787_IMG_0809(1).thumb.jpg.a831ce56c9dfc15515d12c6b5f11e7a0.jpg

image.thumb.jpeg.4e82529485cf4121c493236fa26e0794.jpeg

Edited by Bjerg

• Administrators

Are you on any medication? 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor

To be perfectly honest, anything that makes surgery more difficult for the surgeon and techs increases the chances of something going wrong with your results. I understand why you want an unshaven surgery. I would want to give my surgeon every possible option of performing a great result (which I will be looking at in the mirror for the rest of my life). My suggestion is to shave your head two months prior to surgery. People will quickly get used to this new look. Then when you have surgery after about 10 days you will look no different. Your hair will grow back. All the best!

• Like 1

Greetings of the day @Bjerg,

Your donor looks really good, Finasteride has helped you in stabilizing the baldness. By lookin at the pictures, Approximately 1800-2000 grafts will be required to fully cover the crown. The non-trim procedure is available but still we have to do a window trimming in the donor area. 

The best fit for you will be a one-to-one consultation with a doctor. You can get an exact grafts estimation, required details, and lot of other vital information I can arrange a video consultation, feel free to send me a personalized text and I will be happy to provide you with all the details in brief. 

Regards,
Eugenix Hair Science. 

Gatsby's right on that one, just bite the bullet and go for it. You are doing this for yourself and it's nothing to hide or be ashamed of. Anyone who knows you already knows that you have a bald spot in the back and does not care. Everyone who does not know you, won't care either way. 

2 hours ago, Gatsby said:

To be perfectly honest, anything that makes surgery more difficult for the surgeon and techs increases the chances of something going wrong with your results. I understand why you want an unshaven surgery. I would want to give my surgeon every possible option of performing a great result (which I will be looking at in the mirror for the rest of my life). My suggestion is to shave your head two months prior to surgery. People will quickly get used to this new look. Then when you have surgery after about 10 days you will look no different. Your hair will grow back. All the best!

Thanks for the reply.

I know its the most obvious thing to do and i'm still considering it. However, it would be so difficult for me to cut, it as I consider my hair as a major part of my identity and the one thing that people compliment on.. And it would take me more than a year to get is as long as it is now.

But why is an unshaven FUE at the recipient area (crown) more difficult than the traditional one? I would assume that its easier to see the angels of the remaining hair and match it with the implanted? 

2 hours ago, Eugenix Hair Sciences said:

Greetings of the day @Bjerg,

Your donor looks really good, Finasteride has helped you in stabilizing the baldness. By lookin at the pictures, Approximately 1800-2000 grafts will be required to fully cover the crown. The non-trim procedure is available but still we have to do a window trimming in the donor area. 

The best fit for you will be a one-to-one consultation with a doctor. You can get an exact grafts estimation, required details, and lot of other vital information I can arrange a video consultation, feel free to send me a personalized text and I will be happy to provide you with all the details in brief. 

Regards,
Eugenix Hair Science. 

Thanks, I will reach out to you 🙂

2 hours ago, StillAlive said:

Gatsby's right on that one, just bite the bullet and go for it. You are doing this for yourself and it's nothing to hide or be ashamed of. Anyone who knows you already knows that you have a bald spot in the back and does not care. Everyone who does not know you, won't care either way. 

The thing is though, no one knows about my bald spot as its so easy to hide with fibers. If I cut it all off then everybody will notice.

And I know that most people dont care, I mean, why should they. I know that it's all in my head, but it doesn't make it easier to cope with

You'll need to tackle the mental issues around it and for that, there is no universal solution. I've dealt with it by being the first to make the most painful jokes about my growing baldness and pretending to fully embrace it as I died inside each second. Thirteen years later, I'm finally getting my hair back and it ain't a moment too soon :D

Whatever path you choose, I wish you luck and success!

52 minutes ago, thetdog666 said:

I would look into taking avodart and oral minoxidil and see if that helps  before going for a 2nd op.

I did use topical minox years ago, but didn't find the effect that good. So I should take both avodart and Fin?

1 minute ago, StillAlive said:

You'll need to tackle the mental issues around it and for that, there is no universal solution. I've dealt with it by being the first to make the most painful jokes about my growing baldness and pretending to fully embrace it as I died inside each second. Thirteen years later, I'm finally getting my hair back and it ain't a moment too soon :D

Whatever path you choose, I wish you luck and success!

I know... Wish I could do that too 😆

Glad that it worked out for you!