Dr Serkan Clinic Bad Results?

Hello guys

I know that it has been stated enough time that Serkan’s clinic is basically a hairmill.

now, I understand that treating 20+ patients a day with minimal doctor involvement could be bad. Even though, a Dr like Serkan should care a lot about his reputation and hire excellent technicians.

However, I noticed that many people keep insisting that the clinic should be avoided without real references.

if a hairmill keeps producing good results, why should it be avoided?

I tried searching on the forum for results from the clinic and was able to find only one bad result.

can someone please refer some of the bad results?

I’m certainly against looking for cheap clinics just because they are cheap, but if they are good.. why not? Especially, if other great clinics don’t have openings soon!

PS: I’m a NW2-3 looking for a clinic with a tight time frame

I contacted Bicer, HLC, Mwamba, FUECAPILAR, FUEXPERT, Demirsoy, peniker you name them 

I don’t want you guys to say just go to the clinic.. I honestly just want to see the overharvested/ bad results to make my mind. Because all clinics have some bad results too.

• Administrators

It took me two seconds to find a case here. Use the advanced search page. Very easy to find.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks Melvin for the prompt response.

that is the same bad result I mentioned in my post.

Considering that it is a hairmill that does 20-40 HTs per day (at least 500 a month right?), I was expecting to see much more bad results than I can find online; considering the scale.

Not only on this forum but also on youtube and other forums, I wasn’t able to find much other than results posted by the clinic and some sponsored youtubers which are usually biased and looking good in general.

So I came here in hopes of finding some bad results, especially since most people here talk about the clinic as a clinic with bad reputation. 
Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely respect what everyone here is doing. I’m pretty sure you guys helped a lot of people getting HTs and solve/repair some bad ones.

I just want to see the bad and over harvested cases

1 hour ago, Ninja said:

Considering that it is a hairmill that does 20-40 HTs per day (at least 500 a month right?), I was expecting to see much more bad results than I can find online; considering the scale.

Not only on this forum but also on youtube and other forums, I wasn’t able to find much other than results posted by the clinic and some sponsored youtubers which are usually biased and looking good in general.

So I came here in hopes of finding some bad results, especially since most people here talk about the clinic as a clinic with bad reputation. 
Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely respect what everyone here is doing. I’m pretty sure you guys helped a lot of people getting HTs and solve/repair some bad ones.

Thing is most people aren’t that obsessed about hairs so you won’t find them complaining and generally happy with their HT. For example a while ago I posted a video of a guy who had HT at Vera clinic, he was over the moon, I thought he looked great too from slick bald to now with hair but this forum thinks it’s an awful result due to doubles in hairline. In the same vein, another guy was extremely depressed despite a juvenile hairline because of doubles in hairline. 

So yeah if a hairmill is absolutely terrible then it would get a lot of negative rep but if it gives people hairs then you won’t find much negative reports.

This is why this forum recommended doctors are great because they don’t make these simple mistakes and generally do a good job. 

Edited by LookMaxx
  • Like 1

• Administrators

Here’s the truth, most people who go to hair mills have no clue about hair transplants.

Here’s a prime example of a typical hair mill hairline. 

601DB353-E288-480B-BA01-B8FCB233E6A8.jpeg662C7B8A-69BC-46C8-AEDA-394700031396.jpeg

Below is the same person, after he styled his hair properly to hide this result. But if you look closely you’ll still see it looks pluggy. 

image.jpeg

The average person who goes to a hair mill wouldn’t complain, because “hey they have more hair.” But those of us who know about hair transplants would see this as a disaster. 

You also have to consider that these clinics pay unhappy patients off. Now, I’m not saying this doctor in particular, but I have had members reach out and ask me to take down a thread because the clinic refunded them. 

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

47 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I’m not saying this doctor in particular

We don't even know if Serkan is a doctor, he doesn't operate, he just draws the hairline and sees the "client" for five minutes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Here’s the truth, most people who go to hair mills have no clue about hair transplants.

Here’s a prime example of a typical hair mill hairline. 

601DB353-E288-480B-BA01-B8FCB233E6A8.jpeg662C7B8A-69BC-46C8-AEDA-394700031396.jpeg

Below is the same person, after he styled his hair properly to hide this result. But if you look closely you’ll still see it looks pluggy. 

image.jpeg

The average person who goes to a hair mill wouldn’t complain, because “hey they have more hair.” But those of us who know about hair transplants would see this as a disaster. 

You also have to consider that these clinics pay unhappy patients off. Now, I’m not saying this doctor in particular, but I have had members reach out and ask me to take down a thread because the clinic refunded them. 

Those are horrible results!! Thanks for giving the examples. Would you have any example of doubles in Hairline. I am new to HT too and don’t understand what it means by doubles in hairline? Wouldnt more hair in hairline make it dense?

1 hour ago, Vic said:

Those are horrible results!! Thanks for giving the examples. Would you have any example of doubles in Hairline. I am new to HT too and don’t understand what it means by doubles in hairline? Wouldnt more hair in hairline make it dense?

A hair follicle may have one hair growing out of it... It may have two...It also may have three or more. For a natural looking hairline you need the follicles with one hair growing out of them to be placed on the hairline. Otherwise it'll look unnatural like those pictures there. You can put the hair follicles with two or more behind that hairline. You need to find a doctor that takes pride in his work and prioritises these things to give you a "natural looking" result. There's no such thing as a "perfect" hair transplant because we're trying to mimic nature...Which is impossible! But you can try and get as close to it as possible. If you don't care about the details and you just want hair on your head then by all means go to these clinics that just take your money and have 0 professionalism.

• Like 1

Thanks for that explanation, but wouldn't having follicles with one hair give more of a plug feeling like the ones shown in these pix by Melvin? BTW, i have my HT scheduled with Dr Pekin this Saturday and i know i am in safe hands, but wanted to know this out of curiosity!

9 minutes ago, Vic said:

Thanks for that explanation, but wouldn't having follicles with one hair give more of a plug feeling like the ones shown in these pix by Melvin? BTW, i have my HT scheduled with Dr Pekin this Saturday and i know i am in safe hands, but wanted to know this out of curiosity!

The pluggy look on the hairline comes from putting hair follicles with 2+ hairs growing out of them on the first row of the hairline. Like the pictures above 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

Singles should always be used in the hairline. Never doubles. This patient's hairline is unfortunately is full of doubles and triples. Fortunately it can be repaired. You can imagine how my hairline looked at 18 when I had punch graft plugs. Each graft ('plug') had around thirteen hairs in each one. 😬

On 8/23/2022 at 9:35 PM, Ninja said:

I know various cases worse than mine but they offfered money to remove their case from forum and/or youtube