Dr Luis Nader

Man what great videos, these are extremely helpful for me since I'm booked for my HT in November with Nader.

Our loss  seems very similar too. I am also a Norwood 3V so it's interesting to know you got approximately 2900 grafts. A few questions below:

1. Do all or most of the techs speak English? Great to know they are all about business. I watched another guys video yesterday who went to Asli Tarcan (I know I know) who said the techs were gossiping the whole time and seem distracted. 

2. Was Nader able to give you a prescription for oral minoxidil? I think you said in the video but I went back and couldn't find the moment in the video. Essentially, will you be able to get oral minoxidil consistently in the US with a prescription from Nader? 

3. How old are you and when did you start balding? Did you notice balding in the crown long before you noticed it in the hairline? 

4. Do you know how many of the 2900 grafts went into the crown vs the hairline? 

Also, your face when you were getting the anti-inflamatory shot was pure gold! Haha 😄 I know you said you didn't like needles and it showed!

Edited by GoliGoliGoli

1. the techs have been trained to focus 100% on their work.  there is almost no talking.  if there is talking, its a whisper.  99% of your communication is verbally with doctor nader who is with you the entire day.  the staff seems to all speak broken english.  nader is fluent in english.

2. yes. i was able to pick it up at a wal mart in mcallen.  i have 3 refills on the bottle, so i can bring the bottle anywhere for more refills.  the pharmacies in mcallen are so close to mexico dr nader said they accept mexican prescriptions.  altho the first wal mart i went to wouldnt fill it.  i went to one suggested by the doctor and had no issues there.

3. im 38, started balding around 30. i think i started receding and crown balding a the same time.  my 30s were filled with tons of stress growing a tech company so thats probably a bit of the culprit. 

4. according to the doctor, the crown is a BLACK HOLE for grafts.  it takes the vast majority of the grafts.  although, i didnt get an exact number i can ask him.

haha yea be prepared for a lot of injections.  its really not that bad tho.  id say the most uncomfortable part of the whole thing is trying to be comfortable on the chair and massage table during the extractions.  id def suggest some sort of foot rest for the regular chair, i might actually send doctor nader a list of my suggestions. 

1 hour ago, travelguy1 said:

4. according to the doctor, the crown is a BLACK HOLE for grafts.  it takes the vast majority of the grafts.  although, i didnt get an exact number i can ask him.

If you wouldn't mind asking I would be very curious to know. Thanks again for posting all this very helpful 

6 hours ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

If you wouldn't mind asking I would be very curious to know. Thanks again for posting all this very helpful 

I very much agree with goli here! I’d be interested with the amount of grafts in hairline vs crown and the density potentially used for both if this is at all known. If not that is fine too. Also any pictures of the current recepient area at this time? Thank you

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome info and videos! I am booked with Nader in December. I am most nervous about showering on the third day and rubbing the area with shampoo. I have a lot of questions on that one. Just would hate to mess things up by rubbing the transplanted area. 

congrats. So far looks awesome! 

Edited by GaryJ

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2022 at 4:32 PM, GaryJ said:

Awesome info and videos! I am booked with Nader in December. I am most nervous about showering on the third day and rubbing the area with shampoo. I have a lot of questions on that one. Just would hate to mess things up by rubbing the transplanted area. 

congrats. So far looks awesome! 

yea dont worry about that at all.   the first couple times you shower u just very lightly touch the area with your fingers.  its super easy if you just follow the instructions doctor nader gives you.  

6 minutes ago, travelguy1 said:

yea dont worry about that at all.   the first couple times you shower u just very lightly touch the area with your fingers.  its super easy if you just follow the instructions doctor nader gives you.  

Thanks!

1 hour ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

I've been enjoying your posts please keep them coming.

One question: Did you have any grafts placed in front of the forelock? Or for the hairline did you only have the corners filled in? 

i think he put some there, but very few.  he focused on the corners.  id have to watch my videos again to see if he added some there.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Very curious to see an update since you should be in the middle of the ugly duckling stage I believe?

I'm also planning on doing a partial shave HT with Nader in one month and one of the things I'm worried about is just how ugly of a duck I'll be post HT. I'd like to get back into my "social life" as quickly as possible following my HT and some "social activities" you simply can't wear a hat for....!

14 minutes ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

Very curious to see an update since you should be in the middle of the ugly duckling stage I believe?

I'm also planning on doing a partial shave HT with Nader in one month and one of the things I'm worried about is just how ugly of a duck I'll be post HT. I'd like to get back into my "social life" as quickly as possible following my HT and some "social activities" you simply can't wear a hat for....!

im about 5-6 weeks out right now and i look better than before the surgery.  honestly its only the first 2 weeks where you look a little strange.  after that you look normal and dont even need a hat IMO.  altho, i do wear a hat to protect my head from the sun, dr nader simply told me to not wear a tight hat that can damage follicles.

4 minutes ago, travelguy1 said:

im about 5-6 weeks out right now and i look better than before the surgery.  honestly its only the first 2 weeks where you look a little strange.  after that you look normal and dont even need a hat IMO.  altho, i do wear a hat to protect my head from the sun, dr nader simply told me to not wear a tight hat that can damage follicles.

Awesome thanks, ya in your 3 week video you look totally normal so that is very promising! 

I'm super excited to go get this done with Nader. Really not nervous at all and your videos have definitely helped so very much appreciated. 

4 minutes ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

Awesome thanks, ya in your 3 week video you look totally normal so that is very promising! 

I'm super excited to go get this done with Nader. Really not nervous at all and your videos have definitely helped so very much appreciated. 

ya ill continue to make a monthly video.  honestly i look better now than before the surgery even tho i am in the ugly duckling phase

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/22/2022 at 10:53 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

I do believe he’s a quality surgeon. Very ethical too.

I have been highly speaking of him for a while. Glad to see him being recognized on this forum. 👍

• Like 1

I'm waiting for a reply (and understand his response times are very slow due to nature of his staff size) but will more than likely making the trip to see him hopefully first half of next year. Excited to follow this thread and hopefully see more updates.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jfally said:

I'm waiting for a reply (and understand his response times are very slow due to nature of his staff size) but will more than likely making the trip to see him hopefully first half of next year. Excited to follow this thread and hopefully see more updates.

Sometimes you have to send a second email. 
I will be talking to him tomorrow!😊

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Hi there. I’m just wondering if anybody has any tips about getting in touch with Dr. Nader‘s office? I sent an email and they originally responded to me… It was Brenda the office manager and it’s now been three weeks since that initial email and even though I’ve emailed them several times she does not get back to me.