Dr Luis Nader

Planning to fly to McAllen texas to have an FUE procedure completed by Dr Luis Nader next week in Reynosa, Mexico.

Email communication has been limited and I'm getting a bit nervous about the procedure etc, whether or not I should even have a hair surgery at all.

Was hoping to hear from others who have had a surgery conducted by Dr Nader and see some before/after results, and results after 1-2 years following the surgery.  See a lot of posts here with immediate photos after surgery but not much feedback or photos from years later.

Thanks!

Thanks!image.png.13f6b2b59f3e7db6dc6debc3db154818.pngimage.thumb.png.95209466a1c34f7fff499de492b42d12.png

I am scheduled with Nader in November. It was hard getting hold of him and his team at first, but even since getting the first reply the response rate improved dramatically. I requested a video consultation and they made it happen very soon afterwards. Keep in mind, part of the way he's able to keep his cost so low is due to keeping his staff number limited, which obviously has effects on things like response time. 

I'm not sure what you're saying exactly though, are you saying you're nervous because the communication has been limited? In what sense has it been limited? How many grafts were you quoted? 

There are plenty of threads on here from people who had surgery with Nader. Like all threads, some people fall off and stop posting after a few months. I'd take this as a good sign. If people were stressing they would be here posting not out enjoying their hair. There are a good number of threads of people showing long term successful results though. 

• Administrators

I’m scheduled to speak to Dr. Nader this week. I believe he’s very hands-on, maybe too hands-on, which is why he may be delayed in responding. I hope you share your experience here when the time comes.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

33 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I’m scheduled to speak to Dr. Nader this week. I believe he’s very hands-on, maybe too hands-on, which is why he may be delayed in responding. I hope you share your experience here when the time comes.

I don't suppose you will be interviewing him for the Podcast will you?

I plan to document my experience come November once I go in for my HT 

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

I don't suppose you will be interviewing him for the Podcast will you?

I plan to document my experience come November once I go in for my HT 

We weren't planning on doing a podcast. But eventually, I would like to have him on the podcast. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

yea just takes a really long time to get a response via email about things.  i still have no idea where to stay or if i will be picked up the morning of my procedure, etc. (as people have mentioned on forums/youtube), i assume i will fly inito MFE airport which is on the texas side next to the clinic in reynosa mexico.  i just now went ahead and booked my flight to land the day before the procedure as prices started climbing.

sounds like he's a safe bet and i just wanted to both save on cost, but not fly to somewhere like turkey which is super far away (im located in las vegas).

so far i do not have a price quote or anything, just a confirmed procedure date.

Does anyone know if it is possible for the doctor to NOT shave my head for the procedure?  I was hoping to keep what i i have (at least on the top of my head).  it has taken years to grow my hair to this length (3+ inches long).  

the plan is to have him fill in 1/2 inch or so on the sides of my hairline and then fill in the crown which is a much larger area. 

id be ok with him shaving the donor area and crown, but was hoping to keep what i already have on top... if possible!

1 hour ago, travelguy1 said:

yea just takes a really long time to get a response via email about things.  i still have no idea where to stay or if i will be picked up the morning of my procedure, etc. (as people have mentioned on forums/youtube), i assume i will fly inito MFE airport which is on the texas side next to the clinic in reynosa mexico.  i just now went ahead and booked my flight to land the day before the procedure as prices started climbing.

sounds like he's a safe bet and i just wanted to both save on cost, but not fly to somewhere like turkey which is super far away (im located in las vegas).

so far i do not have a price quote or anything, just a confirmed procedure date.

I'm confused, did he not estimate your number of grafts and have Brenda send you their price sheet? 

Not to be rude, but you probably could have been a bit more pro-active here. Given Nader's wait times you must have known this was approaching for 4-6 months now? I guess you can also fault the Clinic since you're the customer, but it's kind of on you to reach out to clear up any confusion in advance of the appointment. 

As I said in previous post, in my experience it took a few weeks to get an initial email back, but once I did the responses came every day one after another to all the questions I had. 

4 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Do you think he is a quality surgeon from what you’ve seen Melvin? He seems good with his results but as stated above some people have not posted updates so don’t know if that is a good or bad thing

• Administrators
1 hour ago, JoDimaggio22 said:

Do you think he is a quality surgeon from what you’ve seen Melvin? He seems good with his results but as stated above some people have not posted updates so don’t know if that is a good or bad thing

I do believe he’s a quality surgeon. Very ethical too.

• Like 2

View my thread

11 hours ago, JoDimaggio22 said:

I honestly don’t even blame travel guy. Maybe when you made the appointment things were better but something I feel is going on with the clinic. I don’t know if it is over work or short staff but even I have emailed 10-20 times, called 6-8 times and have yet to get anything other than the quote. It really is a shame because nader is an incredibly skilled doctor and his staff is second to none but if the front desk does not respond to willing customers it can hurt a reputation. Heck at this point I’d pay more for a response. 

Well, when you become a skilled HT surgeon you can run your clinic however you see fit, sir.

You also have to consider, Nader doesn't require any sort of a deposit to book with him. This is immensely beneficial to the customer, as if you have to pay money down months in advance of your appointment, their is a lot that can happen in the mean time. You could lose your job, you could suffer a medical emergency, you could have an unexpected bill. The benefit to Nader of making people reach out numerous times is that it separates the serious people from the non-serious people. 

I'm not saying that's something they've intentionally done, or planned out but you can see the problem from his perspective. If you have more demand for your service than you can reasonably supply, their is not benefit to responding back super faster, and actually perhaps some downsides as you're dealing with people who might flake and change their minds.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JoDimaggio22 said:

I actually think he should raise his prices and make people pay further in advance. Anyone can afford him right now and his skill is far above his price and then he could hire more staff if need be. And that is true you can run your clinic how you see but find me one other clinic that wouldn’t respond to 20+ emails. I guarantee if you send an email it will go unanswered now. Melvin couldn’t even get the podcast with him. I’m not at all mad at Dr Nader because it is not his fault but his front desk should respond back.

Are you sure Melvin tried getting a podcast with him? I would be careful speaking for others. You may be right but I never heard Melvin mention anything like that. 

I'm sure he has raised his prices over the years. But I think Nader prides himself on being able to help guys who want a HT but don't have exorbitant amounts of money. I for one would GLADLY take a slow response time if it meant keeping it at Nader's awesome prices. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

Are you sure Melvin tried getting a podcast with him? I would be careful speaking for others. You may be right but I never heard Melvin mention anything like that. 

I'm sure he has raised his prices over the years. But I think Nader prides himself on being able to help guys who want a HT but don't have exorbitant amounts of money. I for one would GLADLY take a slow response time if it meant keeping it at Nader's awesome prices. 

Not the podcast but reaching out to talk but Dr Nader was busy. None of this was ever spun on Dr Nader because his job is to create incredible results which it seems he has done at a high level. The front desk is the people who are in contact with and their response time is the reason why travel guy has no idea what is going to happen. So I was merely defending him and since they have responded to you then you couldn’t understand why many people have stated they don’t respond well. What happens when he gets down there and no one picks up the phone or email to drive him to the hospital? If it comes down to not enough workers up front to check emails then going up in price is not a bad idea. Many on this forum are for price raising if it helps the overall flow of the clinic.

2 minutes ago, JoDimaggio22 said:

Not the podcast but reaching out to talk but Dr Nader was busy. None of this was ever spun on Dr Nader because his job is to create incredible results which it seems he has done at a high level. The front desk is the people who are in contact with and their response time is the reason why travel guy has no idea what is going to happen. So I was merely defending him and since they have responded to you then you couldn’t understand why many people have stated they don’t respond well. What happens when he gets down there and no one picks up the phone or email to drive him to the hospital? If it comes down to not enough workers up front to check emails then going up in price is not a bad idea. Many on this forum are for price raising if it helps the overall flow of the clinic.

Again, you need to stop talking for other people. I've never once heard anyone else suggest it would be good for Nader to raise his prices to increase his response times. There might indeed be people who feel that way, but before this thread I've never seen that point made. And I certainly would not be a fan of that change. 

Nader gives his patients his personal phone number once you book with him so you can reach out directly. 

Just now, GoliGoliGoli said:

Again, you need to stop talking for other people. I've never once heard anyone else suggest it would be good for Nader to raise his prices to increase his response times. There might indeed be people who feel that way, but before this thread I've never seen that point made. And I certainly would not be a fan of that change. 

Nader gives his patients his personal phone number once you book with him so you can reach out directly. 

Where did I say people want Nader to raise his prices? I said many in this site have never had a problem with doctors raising their prices due to clinic flow(new workers) and their quality of work(deserving of the amount). Quit using the “quit putting words in peoples mouth” because no were did I put words in anyones mouth. Everything I said was true Melvin did reach out to the doctor. Was he going on the podcast no but he did want to talk to him. This isn’t the doctors fault as stated the communication lines to the doctor are poor. Plus I’ve called the doctor with no response. You turned this post upside down when all I did was defend travel guy. Because I for one know he has done nothing wrong of the same thing happened to me.

9 minutes ago, JoDimaggio22 said:

Where did I say people want Nader to raise his prices? 

You literally said it in the last sentence of your previous post

And yes you also did say Melvin tried to get him on the podcast  which does not appear to be the case, so stop making things up 

Edited by GoliGoliGoli

3 minutes ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

You literally said it in the last sentence of your previous post

And yes you also did say Melvin tried to get him on the podcast  which does not appear to be the case, so stop making things up 

I’m not going to argue with you because Melvin wouldn’t want that but I didn’t use naders name to raise his price I said I think he should but that people on this site have never had a problem with any doctor raising their price. Read the bottom “many on this forum are for price raising if it helps the flow of the clinic” that wasn’t targeted at Nader that was at all doctors. 

19 minutes ago, JoDimaggio22 said:

Not the podcast but reaching out to talk but Dr Nader was busy. None of this was ever spun on Dr Nader because his job is to create incredible results which it seems he has done at a high level. The front desk is the people who are in contact with and their response time is the reason why travel guy has no idea what is going to happ

20 minutes ago, JoDimaggio22 said: