3 times not a charm!

Big Rome, I appreciate your sentiment, but this has sort of become a mission, I don't want Drs. to get away with this any more, it's why right now I am not giving out his name. I have to do this carefully. Thank you... 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, John Back said:

I am going today to see if I can have another doc look at it, problem is everyone sticks together in the industry and no one likes to bad mouth another guy, especially here on Long Island, the Island is small.

Go and see a plastic surgeon about the scar. Hair transplant surgeons don't specialize in scar repair.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

The butcher is Dr. Mollura in Franklin Square. I've noticed how he increased the size of his web page to show many more Before & After's. Aside from

butchering me his job came out terrible, it looks as though he did nothing, there is no improvement. 

Can anyone recommend a good "repair" guy on Long Island? I still want my hairline fixed. Thank you . . .

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, John Back said:

Can anyone recommend a good "repair" guy on Long Island? I still want my hairline fixed. Thank you . . .

There is Dr Blake Bloxham in Great Neck NY and Dr Robert Dorin in Garden City NY

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Moderators
54 minutes ago, John Back said:

BeHappy, thank you. It's difficult to be happy when you spent $10 grand and got butchered with no results/improvements. 

Thanks again, J. 

Believe me I know all about botched hair transplants and spending your life savings on it. I spent $16,000 on a series of botched, pluggy hair transplants in the late 80's and early 90's. In todays money that would be over $37,000. Then there's another $68,000 I spent in the last 9 years on repairs. I totally get where you are coming from.

As for my BeHappy name here, when I was signing up on this forum way back in 2007 I was determined to finally fix my hair situation. Trying to figure out a screen name, I thought my goal as far as hair goes was to get to a point where I can be happy with how my hair looks... so BeHappy it was. I hated the screen name ever since, but I didn't think too much about it at the beginning because I never expected to still be on these forums 15 years later.

• Sad 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Truth is I wish I never did it in the first place back in 1991 with Hitzig. And it's part his fault too, because he could've said you might want to wait a while because you're going to lose more hair. I just turned 30, but these guys are all about money and they don't care about the person's desire for a head of hair. To me the whole industry is bullcrap, even the chemicals. You have to take that stuff your whole life. Mollura really screwed me though because he knew it was basically my last chance to get it right due to donor depletion. When I signed on with this site about a year ago I asked about him on another web-page, someone said he (Mollura) doesn't have enough before and after pics, now he has about 100. He used my 10 grand to build up his site, which I wouldn't care if he did right by me. I have absolutely no respect for these doctors, they're all scammers. 3 out of 3 so far, am I to believe number 4 is going to do the right thing? 

• Sad 1

Sorry about your botched hair transplant friend. But I think you're right, it's time to call it quits. If I were in your position, I'd look into firstly minimising the scar, and then doing smp on your whole head (make sure you visit a good artist) to try and minimise the damage as much as possible. I think that's probably your best option right now. Good luck!