Strongly considering HT in the UK. Thoughts on this clinic?

Hi. 26, England resident. 

Hairline has been bothering me greatly for years. It is high up at the sides quite, but that's the only extent of hairloss I believe. I don't know when it started (first noticed it around 19), but it resembles my dads now (mid 50's), and he is not balding on the crown or anywhere really. 

Doing some research I came across Dr Arshad and the HairDr clinic. I spoke to them and was given a quote of 2000 grafts to "reconstruct the hairline, mid-scalp and
temple area" at £3 per graft. That all seemed okay, but since looking at posts done by their clients I've found nothing but failed transplants and a general consensus of doubt and negativity lately. Someone even messaged me on Reddit to deter me from them after I made an inquisitive post - about how their HT failed there, and so did many others. 

This led me to look at other clinics in the UK and I found this one https://surgerygroup.co.uk/dr-ahmad-moussa/ from a few results posts on r/hairtransplants. I spoke to them over the phone and they were very nice. Specifically, they can fit me in pretty much whenever, and they are cheaper on account of being a smaller clinic, offering a similar quotation of 1800+ for a much lower price. 

https://www.instagram.com/surgerygroupuk/?hl=en

Their results seem good (as far as I would know), and the doctor sounds very skilled. However, there isnt a single post about them on this forum. I was wondering if people think I could get a good successful result from them, or if anyone has any recommendations. 

Thanks!!! here's photos of my hairline that make me 😢

3.thumb.jpg.07139753e2d50109337a21b206f3ea10.jpg

5.thumb.jpg.b7347226eabb846b0a2dc02051d76d9b.jpg

I'm going to go a slightly different route in trying to help you. 

The first thing to know is that hair loss is progressive and you're only 26 atm. So what are you doing to prevent further hair loss? 

Are you on Finasteride, Minoxodil or something else? 

Your age and level of hairloss imo makes you look somewhere around a Norwood 2 and a really solid one at that. I would personally recommend sticking on medication first to see if your hair loss becomes stabilised or stopped. 

If you want a small procedure, you can probably save up and go for it in a few years time knowing you've slowed or stopped the hair loss because lowering it down or sorting the frontal area is the riskiest when younger cause any further loss behind that needs to be chased. 

I would personally advise you look outside the UK for quality options. Europe has many a short flight away and the Dr you initially quoted ad you pointed out had a run of not so great results a relatively recently. I would also avoid most others in the UK.

Dr Bisanga is in Belgium as is Dr Mwamba. There's other top doctors too like Dr De Freitas, possibly Cuoto if your budget can stretch and you willing to hop on a wait list. 

I personally do see few options in Turkey but probably not trust anybody but Dr Bicer. 

• Like 1

Thank you for the reply @NARMAK

I don't believe my hair loss is progressive. Looking at my dad and older brothers hairline, mine is rather similar. I haven't noticed any difference in the past year. I bought some topical Minoxodil recently, and am looking into Finasteride. 

I'm dead set on getting a HT now rather than later. The quality of life boost would be very substantial. 

TruthfulIy, I haven't looked into clinics outside of the UK. I though it would be easier to get one domestically, and I have found some good results online done in the UK.

If there are some amazing options in other countries, I suppose I should be open to the idea. Thank you very much for the suggestions. 

You look a lot like I did at 26.  I got on meds at 27 and remained the same until 31, then pulled the trigger on a transplant.  I can tell you that even the minor improvement a hair transplant will bring won't substantially change your luck with the ladies.  Theres no harm in seeing how things progress for a few years until pulling the trigger.  Also, you should post a picture straight on with your hair styled how it usually is to give a better sense of how your hair looks in normal day-to-day situations.  If it looks how I think it'll look, there really shouldn't be any rush because it's pretty good as is.

Your saying your hair loss is not progressive. However, at 26 you are way too young to make such an assessment. So I agree with the comments of other members, Get first on a hair loss prevention treatment for a few years than reassess. In your case, that does not have necessarely to be Finansteride in my opinion 

• Like 1

@Rice, You looks fantastic buddy, just give medications ample time. If you still considering HT, pls research enough so you don't end up getting botched.

Believe me even after a HT, the baldness is going to progress more in the coming year and you should really think of that. If you eagerly want just to implant some hairs in the front then I strongly suggest you to get in touch with Eugenix hair science. They've cured NW2 & 3 in a very decent manner. I personally feel that contact few good clinics and speak to them, ask as many questions as you like and then decide.

Cheers. 

3 minutes ago, DHT said:

@Rice, You looks fantastic buddy, just give medications ample time. If you still considering HT, pls research enough so you don't end up getting botched.

Believe me even after a HT, the baldness is going to progress more in the coming year and you should really think of that. If you eagerly want just to implant some hairs in the front then I strongly suggest you to get in touch with Eugenix hair science. They've cured NW2 & 3 in a very decent manner. I personally feel that contact few good clinics and speak to them, ask as many questions as you like and then decide.

Cheers. 

Going to India alone is expensive the flight, that's the problem I find. 

5 minutes ago, londonhairlossvictim said:

Going to India alone is expensive the flight, that's the problem I find. 

I agree with you that flight tickets cost more but if you calculate everything like
Accommodation, travel expenses, food, and the most important thing the quality and constant results that Eugenix is providing for the last couples of year then probably you will find out that the total amount to be spent in India and Eugenix is comparatively less as compared to any other country and any other clinic who is up to their standards. 

It is just my output that I have consulted dozens of clinics, and never found such deal like free lunch, accommodation, pickup, drop off, free PRP's and genuine hospitality like Eugenix. So, I can upfront suggest Eugenix and some other clinics in which my relatives had hair transplants.  

4 minutes ago, DHT said:

I agree with you that flight tickets cost more but if you calculate everything like
Accommodation, travel expenses, food, and the most important thing the quality and constant results that Eugenix is providing for the last couples of year then probably you will find out that the total amount to be spent in India and Eugenix is comparatively less as compared to any other country and any other clinic who is up to their standards. 

It is just my output that I have consulted dozens of clinics, and never found such deal like free lunch, accommodation, pickup, drop off, free PRP's and genuine hospitality like Eugenix. So, I can upfront suggest Eugenix and some other clinics in which my relatives had hair transplants.  

Do you recommend any in Turkey? I'm seeing more people get consistent results from there
I did mine in UK and really disappointed for what I paid 7K GBP for 2000 Grafts with Dr Arshad's team in Leeds and it's 1 year on and no where near results one would expect

in all honesty, I’d steer away from the UK. Sad to say there isn’t many decent DR’s and the very few decent ones charge too much, can go to europe and get a world class DR for the same price if not cheaper! do your research and have a look at some of the above mentioned DR’s in Europe.. Bisanga, Freitas ECT.. 💙

Edited by Big Rome
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Big Rome said:

in all honesty, I’d steer away from the UK. Sad to say there isn’t many decent DR’s and the very few decent ones charge too much, can go to europe and get a world class DR for the same price if not cheaper! do your research and have a look at some of the above mentioned DR’s in Europe.. Bisanga, Freitas ECT.. 💙

Do you agree with what the other guy said also about my hair, to do a top up?

15 hours ago, londonhairlossvictim said:

Do you agree with what the other guy said also about my hair, to do a top up?

No, I saw one of the “top-ups” recently and it was still a poor result but now the guy has had 2 years wasted by this doctor along with all the stress. If they could do it right they would have done it the first time - don’t go back to a surgeon that failed. Find a genuinely good clinic and you’ll actually get the good result you deserve.

Edited by New_Barnet_Please
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, londonhairlossvictim said:

Do you recommend any in Turkey? I'm seeing more people get consistent results from there
I did mine in UK and really disappointed for what I paid 7K GBP for 2000 Grafts with Dr Arshad's team in Leeds and it's 1 year on and no where near results one would expect

See the thing with Turkey is there are tons of clinics in every street which makes it difficult to chose from. Of course, money matters and investing 3-4k on hairs and expecting a good results is like someone hoping for a miracle. Not to forget there are some good clinics in Turkey but they're not as constant as they were. 

Many prospective patients have a common question and wonder why is hair transplant cheaper in Turkey. There are many reasons beside the low-cost pricing strategy that some clinics follow.

Let’s take for example the fact that the minimum wages and living expenses in Turkey are lower than other countries. Another reason would be the manufacturing ability of Turkey which enables it to manufacture its equipment locally. This made it gain a competitive advantage and avoid costs incurred with shipping and customs.
Stating all these doesn't means there are no good clinics in Turkey, ASMED (Not how it is used to be), Dr. Hakan, AEK hair clinic are some good names. 

Look at this mind blowing stats as well. 

According to statista: the average total cost of hair transplant in Turkey between 2020 and 2021 is around $2675. where as the highest in Canada stands at 17,500CAD$

Hello all. Thank you for the replies and discourse.

I've actually messaged a few well rated clinics outside the UK just to see what sort of consultations I get. I still hate travelling, mind, and would worry about communication.

Regarding me rushing into a hair transplant, this is something that's been bothering me for a while and I would definitely see benefit, especially because these next few years are going to be my most important. I've seen people get HT similar to the one I want at similar ages. I'd be happy to stay on fin/min. 

• Like 1