Thoughts on the stem cell therapy? Dangerous?

I visited an Fue clinic and they do more stem cell prp treatments than fues. 
The average results are very goodp
The stem cells are derived from an umbilical cord. There is not much info on the net about this treament. I heard it works very well. Is not FDA approved and they kind of warn against it. I have read here and there that there is a risk of cancer. There is very little information out on it

What are your thoughts?

Edited by Scottp

5 hours ago, Scottp said:

The stem cells are derived from an umbilical cord.

I'm aware of PRP, and like @Gatsby said its value is questionable at best. But that part in your post about umbilical cord blood sounds weird. From what I've read its supposed to use your own blood. And not aware of a cancer risk, but if these people are injecting you with someone else's blood that's the additional potential for infections, etc, from whatever else is in that blood if this fue clinic is shady or cutting corners and not properly screening the blood. I'd be careful about letting anyone other than reputable hospitals do that.

One of these treatments is platelet-rich plasma (PRP). PRP is a substance drawn from your blood and injected into your scalp that can purportedly help heal bodily tissues, including follicles from which your hairs grow.

PRP is extracted from your blood using a centrifuge-like mechanism that can separate the substance from your blood and increase the concentration of specific proteins that promote healing.

https://www.healthline.com/health/prp-hair-treatment-success-rate

• Like 1

Hi

i have had prp a few times. The stem cells are put into your prp ( blood). Yes they screen the stem cell donor for various diseases and viruses but I think some inform is also verbally communicated. It is not a shady place at all. The word is that it can almost be affective as a fue. Im just concerned about the cancer ( tumor) part. I have heard some reults can be very impressive. Its weird there is very little info on it on the internet. There is One guy that posted is results on this forum. I'll see if I can find the link it looks really good